JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

Coaster,

As of right now we have no plans to make track like the old 9 volt. As you know it is complex and we just do not have enough capital to invest in the equipment needed to deliver it. We ran an experiment on Ebay in 2012 with standard length metal rails and plastic hammered into tight holes. Two for $5.00. We stated that they would not be able to carry power and that they were essentially seconds. We sold them as one piece units in blue-gray and red-brown. We sold quite a few of them and had no complaints. Hobbyist basically used them as fillers or for extending their layouts for use with the new PF motors. We could change the hole diameters of the new design and make them one piece units if the demand warrants it. It depends on what you prefer. Being able to ballast your way OR just plug and play.

I hope I answered your question. The one piece plastic units will be for sale sometime next week in all geometries and in different color combinations.

Mike

Mike, is it possible to use the new rails without the ties? Could they be fastened to other types of plates or bricks or does their stud pattern only fit your ties?

LoneBrickerSG,

The straight rails will snap directly down onto any baseplate or LEGO stud (bricks, plates or whatever other stud laiden part you want to use) . The curves cannot because of the obvious, but you can snap any brick or plate into the bottom channel. You can connect any of our curves or straights with 1x4 plates.

Mike

... depends on the length of your body and the radius you use. Using larger radii by ME you will have more options. But still, the radii from ME are very narrow in comparission to real live train radii ...

... depends on the length of your body and the radius you use. Using larger radii by ME you will have more options. But still, the radii from ME are very narrow in comparission to real live train radii ...

That's true, but scale model trains pull it off.

I have 10-wide 85 long coaches with body mounted couplers ready to test when my r104 track arrives with my backer kit.

Even if it works on the large radius curves you'll still have a problem on points/switches...

Even if it works on the large radius curves you'll still have a problem on points/switches...

Hopefully most people already realize that LEGO's switches are too tight.

Wide radius switches will eventually be created, whether ME Models does it or not. Give it a few months, and if nobody else does it, I'll at least come up with something, either by creating a "Frankenswitch" from modified parts, or using SketchUp. Whether or not anyone will ever mass-produce them is an entirely different situation that depends on if there's a demand for it.

My parcel is on its way. A long way, going by the USPS tracking info:

Don't question the mysterious ways of the postal service. :-)

When I ordered a bike fork a few years ago, the package went from the US to Uruguay (yes, seriously, Uruguay), then back to the US and after a few more weeks it finally arrived in Germany.

Last summer i order a Stones T shirt in Holland it went to Belize, sent to Belgium and a 35 Euro customs bill

My sister tried to send me a christmas present a few years ago. After going to Iceland, Italy and Germany it came back to her in Holland in mid January. The postal service blamed a mis-printed barcode.

After sending the parcel again the tracking site showed an attempted delivery but I never found a note. No surprise; we later found out that the address in their system had changed to:

NameX

StreetX

DB999AA CityX

Ierland

In mid February the now well-battered box appeared back at her home in Holland again...

She's given up on sending parcels.

My parcel is on its way. A long way, going by the USPS tracking info:

Sounds about right for USPS. My US sister sent me a Christmas card last year. It went USA -> Jamaica -> Canada. It arrived mid January this year.

Woohoo! Big box full of nice grey pieces was delivered this morning!

I cant wait to try my ME plastic rails!...I had those shipped to Vermont and I live in Quebec, Canada. My package has already arrived...I have ordered straight tracks and two different radii circles.

Duq, thanks for these virtual elements – downloaded! What's next? All ME curved rail elements?

Yes, it's a crummy cell phone video, and yes I turned it on end at the end (tried to edit that out on my camera, but...), BUT here's a video of the HE and Maersk running full speed on some R56, R72, and R88 curves. Unballasted and unbase-plated, no shift, no plates popping off, pretty solid. The HE is running two PF train motors, the single Maersk is stock with one motor, the EN shown also drives well on this setup (the switches are the issue as normal for the EN).

Vid here

Can someone tell me how to imbed a flickr vid?

Edited by jrathfon