JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

This is damn bad news... so many people left with nothing for the money. I feel sorry for you all and shame on you, ME, if that's the end of the story :hmpf_bad:

12 hours ago, BrickStorm said:

As far as I know, I never recieved any correspondance from them asking for an updated shipping address/details during that period last holiday season where they said they were mailing out pledge orders, which seemed funny to me...

If your pledge reward was for metal rails that would explain why they didn't contact you; they had completed the molds for the plastic stuff but were still having manufacturing difficulties with metal rails. The story was they were gradually filling plastic orders.

As some folks are still asking on this thread, here’s a link to my earlier post:

I’m still working on assembly of the individual parts, and I’ve chose to glue everything, which extends the time it all takes.

My layout has only just ‘settled’ into something I can build on. I’ll know more by March (I have a goal to have a loop running my then) as to if it was worth it or not.

But at least I got all I ordered, so I’m ahead of most who threw money at this.

Edit: FWIW, I’m in Australia 

Edited by cptkent
Addition

Still have not received pledge or additional ordered parts here in Norway. No answer to emails via website.
All in all very disappointed so far.

If it is true that production is still happening and people are receiving their pledge as cptkent just posted, there is possibly hope that someday I will receive my order. In the meantime I do not plan projects that include the ME rails.

3 hours ago, baard said:

If it is true that production is still happening and people are receiving their pledge as cptkent just posted, there is possibly hope that someday I will receive my order. In the meantime I do not plan projects that include the ME rails.

My order was received in February 2017, when things still seemed to be happening. It’s been a bit quiet lately though to have much hope for any outstanding orders. I do wish they would say something.

On 11/18/2017 at 3:45 PM, McWaffel said:

At this point ME really sounds like a scam to me. In future I will hold back and wait until more than just a few people ordered and received before I even think about placing orders for anything 3rd party. Although I have to say, 4D Brix really did it for me. I was in very close contact with them and it all went super smoothly. Which to me just shows it can be done properly but at the first signs of trouble I'm out.

A lot of things have gone wrong for ME Models but it's not a scam. They went in with good intentions but it looks like they've bitten off a chunk more than they could chew.

1 hour ago, Duq said:

A lot of things have gone wrong for ME Models but it's not a scam. They went in with good intentions but it looks like they've bitten off a chunk more than they could chew.

taking money from orders and not delivering the product is a scam. If you pledge on kickstarter and you don't receive anything, that's your own fault. The risk of investment is that sometimes there's no return. But if you place actual orders and you pay the sum and receive nothing, not even your money back, that's just daylight robbery.

Edited by McWaffel

On 11/19/2017 at 7:51 PM, BrickStorm said:

I was one of the Kickstarter backers, and I too never saw anything come of it, Though I knew what I was getting into, so I'm not entirely fussed about investing.

It's a shame I didn't see the metal loop that was a reward for my pledge, but after all the trouble they had with the metal rails I don't blame them.

I do feel for those who ordered a product throught their store though and never saw the order; as someone who was once an employee at a business that failed, it still hurts that there were some customers we just couldn't provide for, but in the end there was nothing I could do.

As far as I know, I never recieved any correspondance from them asking for an updated shipping address/details during that period last holiday season where they said they were mailing out pledge orders, which seemed funny to me...

Were there any Australians here that Kickstarted/Backed them that saw their pledge reward (of any sort) get delivered?

In Australia also, Never received any replies to emails around April/May this year.

I backed $190 worth in metal rails. :(.

At this point I fail to see the point of further commentary on this thread.  Until we hear something directly from ME (regarding them fulfilling orders, or they are in fact belly up), all we're going to get is a bunch of "me toos". 

I would recommend that instead we focus on the future, and see how we can move on from this place to some place better (and in a different thread).

--Tony

Sava is correct! I would like to move on as well. I'm not going to lock this just in case someone from ME Models would like to post anything.

If not, no problem, but then let's all let this thread be.