JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

Brickshop.nl have just added some metal rail stock on their site. Unfortunately they only have R56 and their prices are nuts: If I order from ME Models and add the 23% VAT I would have to pay if they intercept my parcel in customs it would still be cheaper than ordering from Brickshop.nl.

At the ME Models webshop the conversion rails are now sold out in grey so ordering there is no option either for now.

Looks like I won't be testing the metal track any time soon.... :-(

Conversion pack at ME Models $10 = €9.35.

€9.35 + 23% Irish VAT = €11.50

Conversion pack at Brickshop.nl €17.99 (56% more than €11.50)

R56 pack is 'only' 28% more...

I've received my tracking order - I'll post an update when I receive my box.

For what it's worth (I'm not sure which order things get processed in), I am kickstarter #25, and have ordered both metal and ABS

I hope that ME Models will find a second shiping partner providing cheaper shipping price to Europe.

As stated by Duq, price in Europe (Brickshop.nl) are very expensive too. And don't forget to add the shipping cost from Holland to where you live in Europe (more than €10,00! for Belgium).

And as HoMa stated in his message, import taxes are also very high for us (customs administration fee [+- €13,00] + import tax + VAT on the total amount [= goods + shipping cost]), making it all way too expensive.

I doubt if I will buy it, though I would like to have some, like them very much.

1 hour ago, Ludo said:

And don't forget to add the shipping cost from Holland to where you live in Europe (more than €10,00! for Belgium).

Shipping of one loop R56 and a pack of conversion track would be €36.95 to Ireland.

14 hours ago, Ludo said:

I hope that ME Models will find a second shiping partner providing cheaper shipping price to Europe.

As stated by Duq, price in Europe (Brickshop.nl) are very expensive too. And don't forget to add the shipping cost from Holland to where you live in Europe (more than €10,00! for Belgium).

And as HoMa stated in his message, import taxes are also very high for us (customs administration fee [+- €13,00] + import tax + VAT on the total amount [= goods + shipping cost]), making it all way too expensive.

I doubt if I will buy it, though I would like to have some, like them very much.

I can speak personally on international shipping costs as I have designed, manufactured and sold a custom computer case both domestically and internationally. Shipping via USPS was by far, the cheapest option. The next option was UPS or FedEx which was a cool $150 more than the USPS cost. 

-Jeffinslaw

11 hours ago, Jeffinslaw said:

I can speak personally on international shipping costs as I have designed, manufactured and sold a custom computer case both domestically and internationally. Shipping via USPS was by far, the cheapest option. The next option was UPS or FedEx which was a cool $150 more than the USPS cost. 

-Jeffinslaw

Thanks for this clarification. Tought that DHL, or any other freight handler could be cheaper.

Tought wrong . 

Ludo

8 hours ago, Ludo said:

Thanks for this clarification. Tought that DHL, or any other freight handler could be cheaper.

Tought wrong . 

Ludo

Unfortunately not, if you'd like to run some quotes, the track is shipping from ZIP code: 30062. As for weight, my order was 16 pounds or so and I ordered four packs of 104, four packs of 88 and 5 packs of straights.

Thanks, Jeffery

We should set up a system to "smuggle" the rails into Europe; Does anyone know anyone who frequently hops/sails the Atlantic for "business"?

I'm half joking cuz I live in the states, but seriously though..............

On 1-2-2017 at 2:44 AM, M_slug357 said:

We should set up a system to "smuggle" the rails into Europe; Does anyone know anyone who frequently hops/sails the Atlantic for "business"?

I'm half joking cuz I live in the states, but seriously though..............

A few years ago, i made a Bricklink order in the USA for $ 750.00 and paid an extra € 186.00 on import tax + VAT + administation cost!

Thats a real killer, and the reason I buy now my stuff only in European community countries.

Norway for example is not a member of the European community, well, if customs intercept the parcel, its bingo!

Smuggle is possible, but only in very small quantities and most of all only for personal use.

Received my ME Models Metal track a couple of weeks ago.  Easy to build, got a loop of R88 track up and running.  Way easier and better than my SS tape converted ABS track!  Looks great and runs smooth as silk!  I have put together a tutorial explaining how I assemble the track but need to figure out how to upload it.    The ME Models Metal Track R88 curves are well worth the wait! 

Edited by asleepatheswitch
Added link for tutorial see next post.

frustration continues for me in U.S., contacted them bout 3 weeks ago to see where i was, got a quick reply that i was ready to ship the following tuesday (over 2wks ago), and nothing since, contacted again around Monday, no reply yet. uggghhh!*huh*

About 2 weeks ago I received notification that my rails were posted, and I have just collected them.

The packaging was robust, and a couple of extras were included "for my patience".

Me Models metal rails - Boxed

Me Models metal rails - Unboxed

I was an original backer, (number #25 of #260, though I suspect backer number does not equal delivery order) and also updated my order mid-2016. I won't go into the process / delays / communications, there's plenty of evidence for that here.

But what I will say is that I have received my order, and it does appear to be (if not the original design) what I expected, with more testing to follow this weekend. I have faith that all those who have ordered something will eventually receive something, at some stage, hang in there!

To all those at Me Models (I only just found out there are two Mikes, possibly more) - Thanks for getting the job done, I hope it's worth your efforts in the long run, and leads to additional products.

Edited by cptkent

Got my tracking number, all systems go now, been a long wait and my son is on the brink of the dark ages, but the redo of the layout is long overdue

DSCN6901.JPG

It's been 2 months since I placed my order, Still not delivery, no email notice, I don't know how long I have to wait for the tracking number. 

Me team just updated the metal on their website and I placed the order, may be the first batch of orders, It seems that many people have received, but I still heard.

On 12/19/2016 at 0:53 PM, supertruper1988 said:

I have no money in this game but it seems that @codefox421, your main complaint is that its not exactly the same connection system as the TLG official one. It seems that if you were just replace the 1 straight headed into each large radii corner with one adapter and a half straight, your issues would be solved. ME rails are still compatible just not at the exact level that you are looking for. There is some ambiguity in the promises from ME rails and I think that for most AFOL's this is a perfectly viable solution. 

Yeah, and that works fine for 90 degree corners. The trouble is that I was mostly excited about being able to do things like this, which uses a single R56 and doesn't have room for a conversion track on each side of it.

Sample

1 hour ago, codefox421 said:

I had a similar problem as I ordered half length tracks to maximize the layout space and offset parallel tracks.  I can't use those tracks now for that purpose and they will just be doubled up now to make a straight, which will still need connectors. I'll wait until they get fully current on orders before ordering more.  Maybe in the future they will provide direct connect options or maybe I just need to sell all of my lego rail and go full blown ME.

Yeah, and that works fine for 90 degree corners. The trouble is that I was mostly excited about being able to do things like this, which uses a single R56 and doesn't have room for a conversion track on each side of it.

Sample

Was in the process of gluing track, got all of the straights and R104 done. However, having some issues with the R88 curves. Here's an attached picture. Notice that there is an odd size gap near the connector. How will that affect ballasting the track once it's glued?

32754446090_130f530750_b.jpgR88 Curve by Jeffinslaw, on Flickr

-Jeffinslaw

1 minute ago, pirzyk said:

There are 2 options:

1) Space out the gaps between each 2x8.  That is what I did.

2) Follow the l-gauge.org R88 Ballasting standard.

- JimP

I ended up creating a spacing brick. It's working well. Thanks for the help!

-Jeffinslaw