JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

I added extra to my Kickstarter pledge after the recent communications.

Getting a little nervous I've not heard anything since. But trying real hard to keep the faith.

I made a pledge of a few hundred dollars and haven't received any communication since March 2016. I hope they are just busy and I haven't dropped off the system.

They're pretty damn busy, judging from what they've said in my communications with them. They're very committed to it all, but I think there's been quite a few issues this year that have been out of their control - issues with their supplier, the mold, stuff like that - which has impacted on how quickly they've been able to ship stuff, and indeed how much they've been able to produce and ship.

Patience is a virtue. I've no doubt that everyone will get what they ordered eventually (including me!)

14 hours ago, cptkent said:

Any updates from anyone?

I've been told the remaining part of my order of plastic track will be with me by the end of October, in time for Brick 2016.

I've tried to contact them a few times recently via email, but have not had a reply. It's all a little disappointing:

• I backed metal rails originally on Kickstarter. I hoped to receive something related to my pledge, but didn't expect it, that's what Kickstarter is about.
  • After 26 months of scattered updates, I received an email stating that delivery was imminent. Yahoo.
  • Foolishly (as I'd not seen anything in the way of product to this point in time) I gave extra to extend my order. I tripped my original expenditure.
  • 4 months after I last sent funds, for an imminent order, I have yet to have received anything, and am not aware of any metal-rail backers receiving anything.
  • They are not responding to my emails.

Now you can all read into that what you want. I didn't want to write this, but I'm not getting any response through their email, and nobody is getting any answers through their Kickstarter page. I appreciate they probably have ongoing problems, but their lack of communication is disconcerting.

But I feel this is worth writing for anyone out their wondering what's going on, thinking of purchasing, or adding to an additional purchase. I'd happily retract all the above if I ever receive anything.

So - long story short - I can't offer any updates.

Happy if you feel the need to PM me (Eurobrick members, or anybody from Me Models).

9 hours ago, cptkent said:

I've tried to contact them a few times recently via email, but have not had a reply. It's all a little disappointing:

• I backed metal rails originally on Kickstarter. I hoped to receive something related to my pledge, but didn't expect it, that's what Kickstarter is about.
  • After 26 months of scattered updates, I received an email stating that delivery was imminent. Yahoo.
  • Foolishly (as I'd not seen anything in the way of product to this point in time) I gave extra to extend my order. I tripped my original expenditure.
  • 4 months after I last sent funds, for an imminent order, I have yet to have received anything, and am not aware of any metal-rail backers receiving anything.
  • They are not responding to my emails.

Now you can all read into that what you want. I didn't want to write this, but I'm not getting any response through their email, and nobody is getting any answers through their Kickstarter page. I appreciate they probably have ongoing problems, but their lack of communication is disconcerting.

But I feel this is worth writing for anyone out their wondering what's going on, thinking of purchasing, or adding to an additional purchase. I'd happily retract all the above if I ever receive anything.

So - long story short - I can't offer any updates.

Happy if you feel the need to PM me (Eurobrick members, or anybody from Me Models).

I couldn't have said that as nicely as you did. :):thumbup:

3 hours ago, hankdelsi said:

I couldn't have said that as nicely as you did. :):thumbup:

Same for me. An answer would have been nice, even if negative. At least one would have known and stopped waiting...

Yes, there has been an update to the project on the Kickstarter project timeline. Backers should receive an email on this, others can visit the kickstarter page. 
I still hold out hope, and look forward to receiving what promises to be an excellent product, but my earlier comments still stand.

(In the meantime, I did have to crack open 6, mint condition, boxes of 4515-1 (straight rails) that I'd been saving. I need to finish a project by Christmas, and can't wait any longer.

This is the update they posted:

Metal Rail Update

Hello all KickStarter and Extension Rewards Supporters,
A large part of our summer and early fall has been dedicated to shipping remaining KickStarter orders for all ABS rails. This is why no stock has been available for public sale until recently, as we are finishing up large ABS rewards backers with the run from our manufacturer in October. 

Our other focus had been streamlining production of our metal rail line. The anticipated August launch for our metal rail system extended into September as we underestimated the amount of time for packaging and assembly. We’ve taken the necessary steps to increase work efficiency and add man-hours, especially since part of our product is hand crafted. In late September we sent a few samples geometries to one of our well-respected backers and they found a connection issue with the power getting to a specific point. Rather than send out rewards only to find out this issue would persist, we decided quality control and product functionality is more important for the consumer.

We took these results back to manufacturing in early October to make an alteration to our mould that guarantees our metal product will not incur any shorting. Moulds typically take 15-30 days to retool. We will have it back shortly and from then we need a couple of weeks for production runs and packaging. 

We know everyone is frustrated and we share in that frustration, especially when we invested so much time and labor and still had a minor tweak after a year of consistent focused attention on design and development. The very good news is that our modification actually cuts our overall production time in half. This will allow our products to be made and kept in stock at significantly higher levels. It will get you your rewards sooner and you will have a 100% working product with every connection.  

We also know there is a growing frustration for the lack of an update and communication. For this we apologize and will get back to individual email correspondence. We do receive many emails and communicate to as many as we can. We are a small company and sometimes our communications can pile up, as we are the same people creating the products daily. We do not mean to miss anyone who writes, if we do or if we see a post online, we will reach out to them in the background.

If you personally know us for the last decade at events and shows, and many of the backers do, you know we are 100% committed to the success of our products. All backers receiving their rewards have had some type of extras based on your pledge levels sent from us to you with your backer rewards as a thank you for your patience. While many of you hear the frustration from others on social media, what you do not see are many follow up comments from supporters who have received their rewards expressing happiness with the quality and extra rails. We know that our actions speak louder than words and you’ll be happy with your rewards. You’ll receive another update once our mould is ready and production runs occur.

Sincerely,

ME Models

I actually missed the kickstarter when they first launched it so in the end I had to rely on BackerKit, and I only ordered PF track, but with me it all went really smooth.

I received my PF tracks a while ago and think the guys at ME Models ought to be given some credit for what they've done. Sure, it is taking a long time and communication leaves some to be desired for, but in the end they're doing something great for the train community. Will I order more? Certainly. Would I back them again? Certainly! 

14 minutes ago, antsiranean said:

I received my PF tracks a while ago and think the guys at ME Models ought to be given some credit for what they've done. Sure, it is taking a long time and communication leaves some to be desired for, but in the end they're doing something great for the train community. Will I order more? Certainly. Would I back them again? Certainly! 

I understand others' frustration and disappointment, especially with the lack of communication. Speaking for myself, I had a very positive experience with my kickstarter pledge and an additional order being filled on the ABS rails.  And the product really is worth it.  I hope they are addressing their backlog and have filled outstanding ABS kickstarter pledges,, and that they can get over the hump of the 9V engineering and production hurdle. 

About ME metal track, We have been waiting for many years, but there is no substantial progress,

ME team can be mass production of the first metal track of mold, to make up for this huge market vulnerabilities, 

Wait for the new mold track for many years, is a very silly behavior, whether it is seller or a buyer.

Going to jump on the pile here - I added PF track to my Metal backing after they communicated over the summer they were offering a special to backers that have been waiting.... to the tune of another  $150+, and haven't received a darn thing. I can understand the wait for metal, but not the wait for the PF I added... the insult added to injury is that I also ordered directly some PF rail last Christmas, and had no problem... I know it's not their intent, but it seems like they are shafting the backers, and rubbing salt in the wound by enticing them to give more money for a deal on PF stuff over the summer and then screwing them again.

I know it's not the intent; I know they are busy.  I know they are just a few people who all lead other lives... but then why ask us to make additional orders if they are so swamped they cannot fulfill them?

And really, if they want people to stop bugging them in email (they haven't responded to my only email asking for more information - one email in two+ years), a once a week blog - even if it says "We're still waiting," is better than nothing.

Any updates from anyone? 

I can get emails answered (I enqured through a new email address) but no response otherwise .

I just received an order for R104s and double length straights I placed a few days prior.  I thought their turnaround time was pretty quick. They've been pretty communicative in the past. 

I'm still waiting on my all ABS backer kit, but I've been happy to have additional geometries at all.