JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

I backed metal that I still haven't gotten, but bought some plastic about a year ago, when it started becoming available. It may have taken a week or two, I don't recall, but not more than that.

How long would I still need to wait for the metal track? I have been waiting for 2 years :wacko:

I talked to the guy at brickfair about it back in 12-13(I think) Time sure does fly.

I've just seen this on the shipping page:

'Please note that due to high demand, rail products are currently experiencing a delay of 2-4 weeks for shipment'

So that's probably what's up with that (if that statement is recent). I guess I'll just wait...

I was just wondering the same thing. I placed an order on 4 Jan for plastic track and have not received any shipping info yet.

I got this email yesterday, in response to my enquiry:

First off, my sincere apologies for not responding to your inquiry. We have been changing our online website which is unfortunately effecting the communications aspect as well. We've had one or two other customers experience this same issue in the last few weeks.

We are awaiting the connectors from manufacturing, otherwise we have all the parts for your order. Once those are in the order will ship and you'll see an email from our website with the tracking information.

Thank you for your patience.

I'm fine with that. I've replied to ask if they know how long the connectors will take, but at least I know what's happening now, so I'm fine. :classic:

I talked to the guy at brickfair about it back in 12-13(I think) Time sure does fly.

I think they have a shortage of capacity,otherwise still waiting for what.

Will it really make a difference to post here? I think, the money I send via kickstarter for the ME curves is gone for me. I am also waiting for the metal curves ... I've bought all radii in plastic when they came out, but this was a normal order via the me-models website. This normal order was ok. But this kickstarter thing is strange ...

Will it really make a difference to post here? I think, the money I send via kickstarter for the ME curves is gone for me. I am also waiting for the metal curves ... I've bought all radii in plastic when they came out, but this was a normal order via the me-models website. This normal order was ok. But this kickstarter thing is strange ...

See I placed an order back in November of last year for two packs of R104's curves. I then ordered several packs of straights got the straights right away, but I'm still waiting for my R104's curves. Maybe they will come eventually.

Hello Guys,

I hope all is well with everyone. It looks like everybody has been busy working on their layouts and rolling stock. There is a lot of nice stuff being created this winter! The following is an official update from ME Models. I hope to address most of everyone's concerns and issues. If there is anything that you want to discuss about what you have ordered or are waiting for, via kickstarter, please write me personally and I will address your issues. So here goes:

We have been waiting for our last couple of orders that we placed for parts from our manufacturer. Our parts supplier had a very serious heart ailment occur Christmas day and has not been servicing their clients since the episode. The company has just begun parts production this past Monday and we have been re-assured that our orders will be completed by early next week. We will resume shipments soon after we get them packaged. That includes November, December and January plastic orders both from our site and kickstarter.

As for the metal track, we have been keeping everyone informed on our progress. Our biggest hurdle has been keeping the tolerances of the cnc drilled holes under the curves. After nearly 6 years of proto-typing, testing, changing from manufacturer to manufacturer and not to mention the thousands of dollars we have spent, the molds for the new metal track are now finished. We will be starting production once we have completed our testing of our new equipment. Pictures will follow shortly.

Again, if you have backed our project, you will be receiving your reward as ME Models has promised.

Mike

ME Models

Edited by mike44

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the updates. I'm building a couple of trains now and can't wait to run them on ME Models metal rails. These will be worth the wait.

Eric

Excellent, glad to hear this. :classic:

I've stopped hoping to get my track for the next show I'm displaying at (on 5/6 March), but hopefully I'll get it soon after.

Hello Guys,

As for the metal track, we have been keeping everyone informed on our progress.

Again, if you have backed our project, you will be receiving your reward as ME Models has promised.

Mike

ME Models

If you have been keeping everyone informed on your progress, why has there been no update since December on the Kickstarter site? Still seems to be many unanswered questions in the comments section.

I'm just glad I did not pledge very much of my money. I have been very disappointed with this project. Honestly, I have lost hope in ever receiving my pledge.

Yip, Kickstarter backer still waiting here also, plastic and metal track.

Have any backers received their backer kit recently?

Seems to have gone very quiet on all fronts.

If you have been keeping everyone informed on your progress, why has there been no update since December on the Kickstarter site? Still seems to be many unanswered questions in the comments section.

I'm just glad I did not pledge very much of my money. I have been very disappointed with this project. Honestly, I have lost hope in ever receiving my pledge.

I won't defend them for being late on all fronts with both styles of track.

I will defend them for having the balls to go through with this project in both metal and plastic track with the amount of kickstarter losers who welched on pledges!

They put a lot more of their money into this project than was ever planned and that resulted in delays from the get go and them selling product to use money for next phase of the project.

Admit it, the market is limited on plastic or metal and they are not becoming rich people off of this.

I will say the communication could have been better. I will admit I like seeing things getting done rather than answers to emails, but a quick post here or there could have done the same thing

Drop them an email on the ME web page and perhaps a private message via EB (scroll back a few posts to find one of their EB id's). I received my kit a long time ago and purchased a second round. The seem responsive but a little disorganized and still operating in crisis mode (remember that they are still trying to find a workable solution for the metal rails).

Early on they said for backers that ordered metal and plastic that they would wait to ship either until both were ready. When the metal kept slipping in to the future I think they started to send just the plastic portion of an order to those who asked. As far as I know they are still working on a solution for the metal rails so since they do not yet exist those are not ready to ship.

While the delay is frustrating, I am very grateful that they took the initiative to make the plastic rails, they are invaluable.

Oh, and one more thing, you might have to email a couple of times, I think their inbox is overflowing. So if you don't hear anything within a week write again. While I am not defending the sketchy service, pick two: fast, high quality, inexpensive. It looks like they decided to sacrifice the first, but as others have said, I don't think they are getting rich.

Is their a way to post suggestions? I have need for two cross tracks ("+" style, like the old 9v type) in PF colors with no metal.... would it be possible to make these tracks in 9v, PF, or both? You guys already have a system for assembling straights and curves, what about a cross track sometime in the not-to-distant future?

EDIT: here is what I'm talking about: http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=32087#T=C

Edited by Murdoch17

I suspect they're snowed under with existing orders and getting the metal track ready for production.

thought i'd bump this topic, i'm a kickstarter supporter and was recently contacted regarding my pledge. items are supposed to start to ship in July/Aug to backers. has anyone received their metal pledges since that recent communication. we are approaching mid august and fear that I'm low man on the totem pole.

Our lug ordered about $1000 of metal/plastic during the Kickstarter and have received nothing yet.

Edited by legoman666

Our lug ordered about $1000 of metal/plastic during the Kickstarter and have received nothing yet.

That's certainly more than my pledge. I assume someone from your lug received their recent communication. Did I misinterpret that message? Thanks.