JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

ME Models said the following in the last kickstarter update "Anyone who has ABS Only in Dark Bluish Gray...you're next, followed by the mixed orders." so it's nearly my turn. I'm quite excited.

ME Models said the following in the last kickstarter update "Anyone who has ABS Only in Dark Bluish Gray...you're next, followed by the mixed orders." so it's nearly my turn. I'm quite excited.

Haven't heard anything for a while. I got a PM but no response to my reply. :(

I'm sure it's just the simple fact that Mike and Eric are swamped getting everything together, but I'm starting to really regret adding metal track to my reward. =(

I only wish my order would arrive so that I could ballast my curves too. I thought of something cool that I want to experiment with.

Ordered only plastic rails, no metal.

Have not heard anything yet.

I think it's time for an update.

Any estimate on when my Kickstarter order might be shipped to me? I hope I haven't been forgotten...

Don't worry Aaron, your not the only one. It sucks big time seeing all that track on Ebay :sceptic:. Pity it costs nearly the same to ship as it does the track to get it over the pond. I wonder if they will get an EU supplier in place.

Delivery was meant to be last August to backers, we will be lucky to see it by this August. Yet every Tom, Dick and Harry can get their hands on it.

But not the peeps who made it happen.

Edited by Technic-Kobaltz

I only ordered the metal sample pack, am still really excited to get my hands on it, just wish the updated would keep coming so I knew all was well

I haven't given up hope. I'm sure they're super busy, and with a small staff it's probably a challenge to sort through thousands upon thousands of items. I know how it feels to work in retail, and the fact that I've had three recent orders from ME Models turn out great is proof to me that they're real, hard-working good people. I think I just worry a bit too much sometimes when there are delays, but I really have faith in them.

Who has received the ME model tracks can tell if the rails are delivered with tracking mail?

After they brought the rails to the post office, they sent me the tracking code for the package. It was sent with USPS.

I didn't back plastic tracks, I backed metal, and have heard nothing about them. However, earlier this year they began selling the (hopefully extra) plastic track they had online, and I got some of that (delivered).

If you read back, these parts would have been ones over what they needed to fulfill the orders for backers, and if you didn't get your backer orders, it was supposedly because they didn't have your full order (there were some parts they'd still be waiting on). I would look at their website, and if it looks like they're selling all the parts you ordered, and you still didn't get your backer order, I'd let them know about it.

Just got an update email.

Just for reference, our current fulfillment completion is at 20%.

First and foremost, we are still actively shipping items to our backers. Should your pledge contain ONLY ABS rails in black, dark brown, or reddish brown, you should have received the rail portion of your pledge. If you ordered ONLY ABS in Dark Bluish Gray, your order should have already arrived, or will be arriving very soon.

I was about to send an email but I'll leave it for a couple of weeks.

It arrived today! So much goodness, but now it's time to start adding ballast to all of this track. This might take some time, but I'll post pictures when my layout is finished. Everything looks great, though.

I received my ME tracks a few months ago and overall I am very happy with what I got.

I purchased some large radius curves (kickstart) and some double lenght straight tracks (directly from MEs website).

The quality of those tracks while not perfect, is more than adequate and they fit perfectly with the LEGO ones.

The clutch power of the ME parts is not on par with real LEGO bricks, and I had to use glue so that each track section becomes a single part, just like the original LEGO ones.

Since my kids and I like to constantly modify our setup, glue had to be used: it was too much of a hassle repairing each track section all the time (they fall apart very easily, for example, if you drop a ME straight track on a hard floor from a height of 10-12 inches, it will happen).

Of course, glue is unnecessary if your layout is a fixed one.

I am more than happy to have large radius curves! now, my Horizon Express can run at full speed without derailing!

Edited by legocharles

Anybody know how long it takes to get an order shipped. I ordered and paid over a month ago and no dice yet. I cant wait to get moving on my layout

They ran out of some rails (I have the same problem as you), have you tried writing them and asking them about your order?

They ran out of some rails (I have the same problem as you), have you tried writing them and asking them about your order?

I did. But i got no reply

I really wish I backed them on the Metal Rails because it is going to take awhile before they are available for non backers to get. *sigh*

Good luck to you guys for getting your orders!

-RailCo

I've ordered thru Bricklink a few days ago and the order is allready shipped (allthough the R104 where not on their Bricklink atm, so I'll need to wait till they are for those)

I really wish I backed them on the Metal Rails because it is going to take awhile before they are available for non backers to get. *sigh*

Really? I'm a patient guy; I haven't complained or raised a stink about how they executed their project... but they are funding builds with capital they're making on sales now instead of on the money they got from the kickstarter project, which didn't adequately cover their costs. That's a huge mistake. They weren't planning on people not actually coming through with their payments. I feel bad for them, and I haven't been coming here to complain about the "pyramid" scheme they need to use in order to cover their backer's orders. I don't want to raise a huge fuss about it - I'd rather them continue what they're doing than go bankrupt and screw me out of my money entirely. I've ordered from them before (their last metal rails), I backed them this time, I also bought a variety of plastic rails after the fact to use for display; I sincerely hope they pull through this and become profitable, and that I get a chance to order more in the future.

But I backed them to the tune of over $130 for metal rails... they got my money last fall. I haven't gotten anything, and there's no telling that I'll even get anything by the end of this year. I shrug and wait, but it's really not cool.

Again, don't get me wrong - I'd rather have ME rails than not have ME rails, and I'm glad I could lend my support and that they actually got money from me as opposed to apparently a lot of people that reneged on their side of the deal - they have my sympathy - but in the future they should keep such things in mind.

Edited by fred67