JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

I received my sample pack today also, very good stuff! The clutch power on the sleepers and connectors is excellent! I have plans to set up a full train layout, and I think I'm going to source all my track from ME Models. Congrats, your hard work definitely shows!

By single-piece fused units, I imagine that means the sleepers and connectors would be permanently bonded to the rails? I would also be interested in purchasing individual components, specifically the rails, as other users have suggested. I think once you're on a solid flat surface, you could just use a standard 2x8 plate on the rail-to-rail connection without much issue.

SSJ2

Thank you. Yep, the single piece unit would be just like the ONE piece unit you can purchase from LEGO. Our advantage is that we can make a 2 color unit. For example, blue-gray rails and dark brown plates and connectors OR loose just like what you received today. We are looking for the realistic operation look.

Those rails are looking great! I'm very excited for my R104 and double straight rails to arrive! I'm going to ballast the curves, and it should be fun!

Did our site calculate the postage? That doesn't sound right

Shipping module has been repaired to allow first class package service.

Let's hope USPS doesn't decide to rename everything again next week...

I was the second or third backer and am kind of curious why my order hasn't shipped yet. In what order are you fulfilling shipments?

In what order are you fulfilling shipments?

Hi there,

I checked where you are at, and you should be out in the next batch. We have been shipping orders in batches based upon what we pick up from the manufacturer. The sheets that I get for fulfillment do not list anything such as order date, etc, so I just have to try and batch things by what we have on hand and where they are going.

I hope that sheds some light on the "method to our madness" and rest assured, another batch will be going out this week without fail.

Hi there,

I checked where you are at, and you should be out in the next batch. We have been shipping orders in batches based upon what we pick up from the manufacturer. The sheets that I get for fulfillment do not list anything such as order date, etc, so I just have to try and batch things by what we have on hand and where they are going.

I hope that sheds some light on the "method to our madness" and rest assured, another batch will be going out this week without fail.

Excellent! I eagerly await their arrival. Been looking forward to receiving them for many months now.

Eric,

A follow up request. I got a Pre-Shipping notice on the 2nd (Jim Cole, Flagstaff, AZ), but there have been no updates to the tracking number at the USPS. I would have expected this package to have made it to the PO by now. If not, that's OK, I just want to make sure it wasn't lost in the shuffle.

Hi Jim,

Nope, I actually cancelled that label after I printed it because I had ran out of connectors to fill your order. I have them again now and will ship tomorrow (new number to follow).

I'm slowly posting photos as I play with my new toys:

Oh yeah! They look great and a definite must have for steam engines. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Hi Eric,

I know you're probably getting this a lot, but could I get an estimate for my order?

Pledge - 10 standard length ABS, 8 half length ABS, 8 double ABS

Addon - 8 double length packs

Addon - 4 R56 half curve packs

Originally backed on 21/04/14.

Thanks, Ceri.

Just received my plastic track today. Assembled 1/2 straights, full straights, double straights, R56 curves and R72 curves - all quality stuff. Gotta go play now ...

EDIT: I just discovered one thing. Unless I'm missing something, the ME track will not mate with the LEGO Flex Track. I use a few of these pieces to make "ends meet" so to speak, so I guess I need to make sure that the Flex pieces are used only with the LEGO track. Didn't expect that.

Edited by rockethead26

rockethead26,

Glad to hear that everything arrived. Thank you for the support. LEGO flex track was designed a little different than the normal LEGO track sections. There is a section of plastic where you connect into the flex track that prevents our track from connecting into it. We did some experimenting and chopped out that little piece. Once you do that connecting is not a problem. You only need to cut one piece to have connection. (if you want to) We do not like flex track and had/have NO plans to incorporate it into our designs.

Mike

ME Models

H Eric, I am so looking forward to receiving my metal rails, when do you anticipate the metal rails will be ready?

If I could provide a date, I would be happy to do so, but I can't give anything definitive. What I can tell you is this: the money coming in from other retail sales is being put to work to keep the production of the plastic going as fast a possible. Once we have satisfied all of our plastic orders, all of that will then be diverted to getting the metal done. As Mike said in another post, we had to contend with a funding shortage (essentially, bad debt from some KickStarter backers) and we're trying to make the funds that we have coming in work in the most effective manner.

I know you're probably getting this a lot, but could I get an estimate for my order?

Assuming it's dark blue gray, probably within the next two weeks (I'm hoping for this coming week).

EDIT: I just discovered one thing. Unless I'm missing something, the ME track will not mate with the LEGO Flex Track. I use a few of these pieces to make "ends meet" so to speak, so I guess I need to make sure that the Flex pieces are used only with the LEGO track. Didn't expect that.

This is what Mike is talking about:

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3023.JPG

Mike & Eric,

Thanks for the replies on the flex track. Looks like a simple enough fix and it will give me more flexibility.

You guys are awesome!

I got two packs of straight track last week and enough R56 track for two complete loops.

I like the track, but it tends to pop-apart when connecting the curve sections on the floor. It works much better if integrated onto a base plate.

I spent the weekend creating a scene where the conductor of the train learns the container car's door is open, and when he investigates, he notices that a third rail is on the bridge and ponders who added the third rail? Thus, what I like the best is the ME Models track allows not only expanded track options for standard and narrow gauge track, but dual-guage track options also!

exwisdem,

Glad that you like them, thank you for the support! NEAT idea on other applications!!!! Never thought about that one.....

Play well!

Mike

ME Models

Got my delivery today after picking it up from customs. Looks all great, time for tests, pictures and reviews will come hopefully next weekend...

Someone else in Europe/outside the US allready got his/her ME plastic curves already?

Thanks Mike and Eric making this drwam come true!

HoMa

pictures and reviews will come hopefully next weekend...

Yes, please. I've been waiting for more reviews and you're one of the few guys who can compare them to the older metal rails and plastic bits.

Hey Mike,

I got a USPS ship notification 2+ ago (Jan 3rd), but clicking on the tracking info, I only get "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS". Will this order ever ship!? Been patiently awaiting my package! Any info would be great.

Thank you,

Jeremy