JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

Given the scope of this project, it actually went along rather quickly. Considering it takes LEGO much longer than this just to create a new CUUSOO set using existing parts, the progress ME Models has made in just less than 3/4 of a year is nothing short of remarkable. I'm really excited for my track. I definitely plan on being a recurring customer as well.

I wish I was able to get on the Backer train (pun intended). I hope the metal track will be available to non-backers soon!

Great Work ME-Models can't wait to get a better 9v layout going!

-RailCo

For those of you who are interested. We have listed all seven NEW geometries for sale on our site https://www.me-models.com We will begin shipping on Monday to our backers as well. As an added feature to our rail system we will ALSO be selling all of our geometries as single piece fused units. This feature will allow for plug and play. As well as, for easy set-up and tear-down. We will be making additional colors available over the next few weeks. The following single piece units will come in the following packs:

1/2 straight 8 sections

standard straight 10 sections

double straight 4 sections

R56 1/2 loop 8 sections

R72 1/2 loop 8 sections

R88 1/2 loop 16 sections

R104 1/2 loop 16 sections

Again, thank you for your patience and continued support.

Mike & Eric

ME Models

Hi Guys,

I am off to the post office with the first "BIG STACK" of boxes and padded envelopes. More going out tomorrow!

Mike

ME Models

Hi Guys,

I am off to the post office with the first "BIG STACK" of boxes and padded envelopes. More going out tomorrow!

Mike

ME Models

Did the people whose orders shipped receive an email?

We will be imputing all tracking as each order is shipped. So to answer your question - yes, you will receive an email letting you know we have shipped your order. It could come from a number of sources -- Kick-Starter, Kick-Backer or our site depending where you placed your order. The United States Postal Service provides the tracking numbers as we ship. So we will be inputting them each evening.

Mike

ME Models

I was very excited. Went to the web to order some track... then didn't. Shipping to Spain > 60$ for 60$ worth of track. I will have to save some more before attempting a purchase >_<!!!

Gololo

Did our site calculate the postage? That doesn't sound right

Mike

MEModels

Edited by mike44

Your web did calculate the postage. But my finger slipped. It was not >60$ but >50$. To be exact 58$ for about ~60$ worth of tracks (2xDouble length + 2x 56R curves set). =]

The USPS changed their "International Services" coding again...so I'm going to try and figure out what they did to allow First Class Package Service again for international buyers.

In the meantime, if you're interested in purchasing, add the items you want to the cart and get a shipping quote. Send this information to me and I will issue a discount code for the difference in the shipping.

Alternatively, you can always purchase and then mail me and I will refund any excess.

Woohoo! Just got me email about shipping from ME Models

Eric you need to get to the post office sooner its not going out until Mon!!! :laugh:

I'll keep it as a surprise for my bozo, he will think its neat

Eric you need to get to the post office sooner its not going out until Mon!!! :laugh:

Those lazy Federal employees. :grin:

Edited by Eric J. Olson

@Eric & Mike

Thansk for your quick responses. I'll give it a thought. I'm a little short on money at the money and I'm torn between more tracks or completely ruining myself for my bday with the new SW Slave-I :grin:

Cheers,

Gololo

Sounds interesting, looks good on the website as well although will need to see how much shipping to UK comes in at.

Can someone post some pictures with standard LEGO tracks alongside once set up so we can judge how it looks please, I am guessing apart from the radius assuming we opt for DBG it should be identical?

Also can we be assured that if we order some and then want some more that the site will be stocked and we will not be left unable to procure further purchases should we wish?

I am hoping for the best with this product as we are so much in need of these wider radius rails, but want a few reviews before I comit to what for me would be a reasonable amount of money.

I did placed orders for both R56 metal (via kickstarter) and all radii in plastic via the www.me-models.com website. Now I am waiting for shipping to my home in Germany. As soon as I got the stuff, I will test and write some reviews like I did when the straight metal track came out ages ago:

http://www.holgermatthes.de/bricks/en/me-metal-rails.php

Can't wait to get the new curves... Unfortunatelly haven't heard much since I placed my order.

HoMa

For international customers it would be better, if you offered your track pieces without sleepers. Just the rails and connector pieces.

Your track would be less expensive and shipping costs would be lower as well. Also, please keep in mind that many of us have to pay VAT whenever we import stuff from overseas. That's up to about 20% of the total value (that includes the shipping cost in most cases!) and those from the UK often have to pay a handling fee on top of that. Us Germans usually don't have to pay a handling fee, but we have to pay an additionl 4.7% for anything that cost 150€ or more. Again, that includes shipping.

That's why I think that shipping the essential parts only would make your product a lot more appealing to those on a somewhat tight budget, it would free up resources and by using real LEGO 2x8 plates as sleepers your track wouldn't look as much like a 3rd party product anymore.

Also, I would like to ask you to consider making rail pieces (at least the curves) available in a color that matches old light grey and the connector pieces in a colour that matches the old dark grey. That way we could combine your track pieces with old 4.5V stuff.

Maybe me-models.com can find an European Bricklink Shop which sells ME stuff?

I now from many fellow German AFOLs that they try to avoid ordering bricks and other stuff from the US or other parts of the world outside the EU because of extea costs for customs and VAT.

If ME wants to be succesful outside the US they really should think about alternative ways of distributing their products.

HoMa

I second that. Buying from an American webshop is a lot of hassle here in Belgium too. And I would love some more straight pieces and a few of these larger diameter bends for my super cool Lego Attic :-)

I received my ABS straights pack in the mail today so I guess I'll post first. My first impressions are that they look and feel really sturdy and well built! During the assembly, everything snaps in quite well, just like brand new lego bricks. So quite the accomplishment there to get the mold right.

Also snaps in well to standard lego track with no signs of stressmarks. I tried this multiple times.

My findings - the dark grey is slightly lighter than the lego grey but can't really tell from a distance. The finish is non-gloss unlike the lego rails. There are also visible mold tree cuts on most of the rail ends, and I even found some stress marks in the middle of the rail but ever so slight. But when connected together, doesn't matter.

P1090793_zps59c89930.jpg

P1090794_zps17abb949.jpg

P1090795_zpse97324c1.jpg

Edited by grymg

Grymg,

Thank you for the review. We placed the injection channels at the end of the rails, so they are covered upon connection. We went to 3 different color companies to try and direct-match LEGO's blue-gray and the one you see is the closest match. We are going to begin to sell ONE PIECE units for direct plug and play. ( basically for kids and hobbyist that want quick set-up and tear-down ) Additional colors are coming. We worked on the fits for 6 plus weeks. It was a long process to get everything to fit right.

Regards,

Mike

ME Models