JopieK

Kickstarter: ME Models Tracks for both metal and ABS only track pieces

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here`s a question: Are the rails going to be marked in any way that makes it easy to tell what radius they belong to? How will I know an 88 inner rail from a 72 outer at just a quick glance?

Agreed, it would be nice to have the radius embossed on the bottom. I suppose I could always write on it with a sharpie....

I realize this thread is old, but didn't want to start a new one...

Our Pre-Order process will close this coming Friday, October 10th. Once that has been closed, our products will become available again in our store and other outlets once we have fulfilled all pre-orders and KickStarter backers.

Just as a note on progress, plastic stuff is basically done. We just have to finish the final testing and then we will be in production with shipping to commence shortly thereafter. Metal stuff is a bit behind schedule as we're still negotiating with the manufacturer trying to find a proper process that will give us the desired results at the proper price.

So on your pre-order site, I was looking through all the parts and seeing shipping costs. I had nothing in my cart but it placed an order with nothing in it and I had to pay nothing whatsoever, or put any info in. I am hoping this is alright?

Thanks! Cannot wait to get my hands on these as I am collecting 9v slowly!

Love what you guys are doing!

-RailCo

I don't know what was wrong with the old ME metal track... It worked just fine for me, but anxiously awaiting my order... Great work, ME, picking up the ball like that.

So on your pre-order site, I was looking through all the parts and seeing shipping costs. I had nothing in my cart but it placed an order with nothing in it and I had to pay nothing whatsoever, or put any info in. I am hoping this is alright?

Thanks! Cannot wait to get my hands on these as I am collecting 9v slowly!

Love what you guys are doing!

-RailCo

It should have directed you to BackerKit for a pre-order...

Waiting for my kickstarter curves.

Glad to see this made it thru and appreciate the follow up emails as well as posts here keeping us informed.

Last call for pre-orders...the system will be closing up tomorrow.

All plastic products are anticipated to ship during the month of November.

All metal products do not yet have a definitive date, however, we anticipate this will be ready before the year's end.

Does this mean that if one ordered metal and plastic items they will be shipped separately?

Yes. Plastic first, metal second.

Are there any plans to make the R40 curves in metal with dark brown?

Metal is doubtful on the R40 due to the availability and cost. We can certainly look at it, but it's not highest priority.

All plastic products are anticipated to ship during the month of November.

Good bye living room... hello train layout with proper curves.

Just came across this.. do not have a layout in mind yet.. what should I get? Haha.. so much for saving money.

Just came across this.. do not have a layout in mind yet.. what should I get? Haha.. so much for saving money.

Eh...without a map in mind, it's hard to say. :)

Good bye living room... hello train layout with proper curves.

I hear you there. I ordered two full loops of plastic r104 curves, 10 packs of 4 plastic double length track segments, two plastic sample packs, a pack of universal connectors, and a metal sample pack. This November is going to be the best month of my life.

Cool and good to know. Indeed, with an existing stock of lego track it will be nice that the ME track fits discretely in. Still, here's to hoping that demand eventually justifies more colors.

For those of us who were late for the Kickstarter and the pre-order...

When can we expect more information on the website about ordering these tracks?

There's still the link to the backerkit ojn the Me Models websites, even if the kickstarter and the pre-order period are over

For those of us who were late for the Kickstarter and the pre-order...

When can we expect more information on the website about ordering these tracks?

There's still the link to the backerkit ojn the Me Models websites, even if the kickstarter and the pre-order period are over

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to removing it yet.

First and foremost, I need to take care of the people who helped us out with the project through KickStarter and the BackerKit Pre-Orders. Once they are complete, we will add product to the storefront. At present, I can safely say that plastic rails will be on there first followed by the metal products.

In case you are curious, anyone who ordered plastic only will get their products first as we will have them first and will ship them that way. If you ordered plastic + metal, most likely, they will come when the metal are available as I'm not sure how to differentiate the packing lists and I don't want to miss anyone. :)

In case you are curious, anyone who ordered plastic only will get their products first as we will have them first and will ship them that way. If you ordered plastic + metal, most likely, they will come when the metal are available as I'm not sure how to differentiate the packing lists and I don't want to miss anyone. :)

??? Have things changed? Back on Oct 9 when asked if someone pre-ordered both metal and plastic would the two ship separately you said "yes"

I wouldn't mind paying the additional shipping expenses to have my plastic tracks arrive separately. The only metal thing I ordered was a sample pack, with about 9000 other things in plastic.