Sign in to follow this  
Pate-keetongu

MOC: Twisted Victorian

13877363614_25d03cbee7_z.jpg

13877029883_934a0e047e_z.jpg

13877031113_840b9bb4fe_z.jpg

13877035863_4a25654f51_z.jpg

This odd building appeared into Palikkala Town's House fair on one misty Thursday evening. The origins of the house was unclear, but some thought it was from another time and century and somewhat associated with an odd incident of disapperaing house in 1867. An odd fellow with cardigan and trilby hat was seen on the stairs drinking morning tea...

This house was build for Finnish LUG Palikkatakomo RY's contest on Model Expo (a big scale model show thing) where we had an exhibit. My house was third (on a ranking shared on two entries) on a visitor voting.

Hope you like it! There's more on Cyclopic Bricks and Flickr.

Pig,

I'm feeling crooked already! Guess this means it was a very successful build!

This is what houses often look like after an earthquake...do you live on a fault line like most Alaskans? This also happens when they build on permafrost and it starts melting. Especially with global warming and the temp increase in Alaska the last 30 years. It gives you a headache walking from one end of the house to the other. They used to put huge jacks under each corner and rest the house on steel beams so they could jack up the low corners. But after a while, they just give up if the ground is melting too fast.

Glad this is not your real house!

The black detailing on the back is really a nice touch. Err......Just have to ask, are you color blind by any chance? Just curious! :tongue:

I like the jauntiness of the design and the color combo. Yellow can be difficult to build with in Lego, but by additionally using the sand green and reddish brown you've made an interesting building really pop.

Good job! oh, and congratulations on the 3rd place at the Expo.

Great work and congrats on third place as well 'pig'.......you wouldn't want to stay in the brown room now would you.....looks like it's going to fall off any minute ? :wink:

Brick On 'pig' ! :grin:

That's really cool. Such interesting build ideas.

The tower in yellow looks great, even though every fibre in my body says it shouldn't.

Nice work.