Wedge09

A rock quarry in Erilea

After like a moths or so, I take the time to publish this MOC: A rock quarry in Erilea. In this freebuild I try to recreate an open mine located in Avalonia.

This freebuild will be part of Avalonian Task 4 - Historican Settlements in the category REQ - Laborers: Mine.

13430092253_b77d71e96c_c.jpg

13430019425_1d803224e4_c.jpg

C&C are always welcome. Enjoy! :wink:

Very nice work! The foliage is great and the simple shack works well with the MOC. One thing I would suggest is perhaps add some slopes to the rock wall, it looks a little too uniform. Maybe add some different colors? Keep up the great work!

Nice little quarry, with the vegetation it looks quite old :classic:

I don't have a big problem with the "brickyness" of the quarry wall, but I think the top part would have benefited from some slopes to show the difference between natural rock and the quarried part.

Very nice job. In regards to the slopes, I think you incorporated enough variation into the rocks that it's fine without them

Good build! I would prefer to see some slopes, but its not bad without them. The foliage and shed look great! :thumbup:

I work near some active quarrs (small, family owned type quarry)and larger, more commercial quarries, plus disused ones from the 1800's, and as part of my job, I have to know a bit about the history and usage. This build is great but if you're going for a smaller one, but I would add some slopes either side to represent unquarried hillside. The squarer "brickiness" works well as the quarried part- workers would often cut square or rectangular slabs of rock from the hillside. Nice work anyway, I like the little shack, and the cart!

Excellent built, Wedge. The blockiness works great for showing that this is a quarry and not just some cliffs :thumbup:

The little shelter and the bushes on top are nice touches :classic:

I think regardless of historical accuracy, you should keep the studs exposed. I really like that there are no slopes or tiles used on the quarry. It really makes this build pop!

Thanks all for the nice comments and costructive critics :wink:

I like it! The little shedand the water in the quarry are great details! The regular shape to the quarry is nice but as said by others it could use some slopses on the parts not yet used. But shouldn´t the greenery in front be gone by the carts, the horses and the humans come and go to the quarry?

Nice work Wedge! I like the foliage and the shed is excellent. I think that the blockiness is OK, I would just do a sheer face of 4-5 bricks tall to represent where the original rock ends and the quarried section is. I look forward to seeing more of Erliea!