I just tore apart the Town Hall and started to make the Hill Valley clock tower from Back to the Future. Based on drawings I have acquired, I decided to make the model on three 32x32 baseplates. When complete, the finished model should be approximately 38 bricks tall.

I finished the first floor mostly, aside from some bricks I am short. I won't place a bricklink order until I am done with all three floors to cut down on the number of orders I have to place.

The rear of the building was never shown in the movie, as it didn't exist anyway, so I made the back look somewhat like the Town Hall's front. More pictures are uploaded to my flickr account here:

https://www.flickr.c.../122646862@N02/

I hope to complete the next two floors next weekend. Then I can move onto the other project seen in the background in a couple of the pictures. That was has been on hiatus with parts stuck in customs for over 3 weeks. I bought replacement ones and they are stuck in customs as well now. Apparently, dark grey 1x1 plates are dangerous commodities.

IMG_0957_zps119c4375.jpg

IMG_0956_zps904e105c.jpg

IMG_0955_zpsd3f50440.jpg

Looks great so far! Looking forward to seeing the finished building.

Very nice. Very recognizable. Looking forward to more.

Andy D

It's a beast of a building!

I admire your ambition as that's a big task you're undertaking. Good luck with the rest of it and please show us the completed building when you finish it.

That is true it is a beast. My bricks would stretch a lot further if it had more light bley in it. I am sacrificing 3 Town Halls for this and hope I don't have to order another one to make it work but I fear I might before it is all said and done. If I do, at least I will have a ton of windows and grey bricks to make another building or two.

That looks massive!

Possibly instead of buying multiples of the set itself, would it be cheaper to spend the money on the pieces you directly need? As opposed to being limited to only what the set has available...just an idea.

Keep up the great work. I really like how things are looking.

Duke, I looked at what I need most and I really need 1x4 dark orange bricks. Unfortunately, they were never made in large quanitites and were not produced for many years so I am going to have to use a lot of 1x1 & 1x3 alternating between two 2x2 to get the walls built. Also, while buying the bricks I need directly will get me what I need, if I am using so much of the parts of the TH, I get a good average piece price and lots of bricks I can use in other MOCs.

I spent the other day building the plate floors for the next two layers. I seriously doubt I will have enough dark orange, so I am considering going back to the first floor and making the back side gray on the bottom floor. Another option would be to make the side walls grey. Or, just muscle through with the dark orange and possibly consume another TH or two.

Once I finish the second floor, I will post some more photos. Perhaps I can get the second floor built this weekend. The roof will be fun when I get there, but I am going to need a couple gargoyles, as Doc Brown got scared by one when it light up from a bit of lightning. Anybody have a suggestion for that? I have not researched to get an idea on what to use.

Duke, I looked at what I need most and I really need 1x4 dark orange bricks. Unfortunately, they were never made in large quanitites and were not produced for many years so I am going to have to use a lot of 1x1 & 1x3 alternating between two 2x2 to get the walls built. Also, while buying the bricks I need directly will get me what I need, if I am using so much of the parts of the TH, I get a good average piece price and lots of bricks I can use in other MOCs.

I spent the other day building the plate floors for the next two layers. I seriously doubt I will have enough dark orange, so I am considering going back to the first floor and making the back side gray on the bottom floor. Another option would be to make the side walls grey. Or, just muscle through with the dark orange and possibly consume another TH or two.

Once I finish the second floor, I will post some more photos. Perhaps I can get the second floor built this weekend. The roof will be fun when I get there, but I am going to need a couple gargoyles, as Doc Brown got scared by one when it light up from a bit of lightning. Anybody have a suggestion for that? I have not researched to get an idea on what to use.

Try using the design from the new Arkham asylum.

Perhaps leave the back open for playability? And perhaps have an interchangeable section with lots of 1X6X5 windows for when it has been turned into a shopping centre.

Wow. That's going to be a massive, beautiful build.

You need to take some pics together with the DeLorean when you're done :laugh: