Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

15 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I hope whatever "explorers" sub-theme they do for 2021 brings something new to the table (either somewhere that they haven't explored yet or at the very least, a good selection of new animals and other new parts)

Spelunking maybe? They haven't done that yet

Image: Spelunking astronauts train for teamwork

Not a lot of scope for new animals in caves really.

I was thinking something like the African Savannah or jungle or the Australian Outback, so many animals and still possible to come up with a compelling way to make it appeal to the core kid audience for LEGO City.

School bus. I mean c'mon, all Lego has to do is recycle this build and replace the pink with black. 

41134_alt3.jpg

I have an idea for a new City set (or maybe it would work better under Xtra?)

It's basically a redone version of set # 6427 Roads signs. essentially the same set but with updated prints and a few more signs.

Some of those new signs can have new molds like rectangle and diamond shaped sign pieces.

LEGO would not do such a set with printed parts (the cost would be too high). But even with stickers it would still be awesome and I would buy it (if they had a decent selection of road signs)

37 minutes ago, jonwil said:

LEGO would not do such a set with printed parts (the cost would be too high). But even with stickers it would still be awesome and I would buy it (if they had a decent selection of road signs)

Those 4+ sets seem to have high amounts of printed parts. If the cost is too high for printed parts in just one set, just split it up in to smaller Xtra type sets. Besides I hate stickered signs, I'm pretty sure there are others who have the same view.