Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

City Subtheme Idea 1: Transit Workers

I've noticed that City doesn't have a fixed transit system. I'm pretty sure there is room for one considering that they've got a fixed beverage company (VitaRush), a fixed oil company (Octan), a fixed distribution agency (Cargo) and their own pizza chain (City Pizza). Maybe it could be called.....Brick Transit? Livery? Blue and orange. 

• City Bus - Has an easy to remove roof top similar to what the 2018 bus had, which is something that lacked on the bus that was released back in 2017. I envision it as being based off of or similar to those Mercedes Citaro G buses that run in Continental Europe. 

Mercedes-Benz-eCitaro.jpg

• Rapid Transit Train - I'm assuming it would be a 3 car set like all the other passenger trains releases over the years. Removable roofs and an entire piece just for this set alone to represent the front. I hope the latter isn't too much to ask because I would like one based off of the London Underground S8 stock, which would be hard to build, especially the front.

9ec.jpg

• Trolley - Ok! Of all the years, I have seen City trains, I have never seen a trolley. I mean a trolley similar to the ones that you'd see in San Francisco or on Mister Roger's Neighborhood. Not a tram. So if you're thinking of referencing the tram from 60097, don't even try. 

1TF9oL8GLoM8MX7mNy0J7NZebOnAsMY42Gg7Jltw

This one is more on a grey scale rather than a "will happen" or "won't happen" type of subtheme for City. Maybe it could be a winter 2021 release alongside next year's police and great vehicle waves. I know one thing, they'll have to do a very good action packed backstory or mini movie to push these if Lego wants them to sell. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

LEGO already has the <-o-> logo for transport sets (trains particularly)

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

LEGO already has the <-o-> logo for transport sets (trains particularly)

That's for the railroad industry. Yes, they did use that on the bus from 2017, but it wasn't really original. Making the bus blue instead of yellow and calling it "City Transit" or something like that would be original. 

I'm thinking a blue body with orange wheels to make it stand out. I've got a Matchbox bus like that. Its actually my favorite vehicle. 

matchbox-city-transit-bus-.jpg

Edited by Brandon Pea

The logo was also used for bus transit in the City Corner from 2009 as well as the Town Square in 2013.

So all 3 City sets that feature regular transit buses are using the logo.

Yes I would like to see more buses but the bus from 2017 is a pretty decent design (especially since its the first bus in LEGO history that can be used by people with a disability)

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

the bus from 2017 is a pretty decent design

Yeah! But the only issue is......its roof was hard to remove. They could've easily put on an easy to remove roof like they did with the 2018 bus. 

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

So all 3 City sets that feature regular transit buses are using the logo.

Well if they use that logo for the transit system, they'd have to change the logo on the cargo train because transit systems don't have cargo trains. I've always thought they should've put this symbol on the cargo train, since its already green and it would be pretty cool if the cargo train was owned by the same company that handles cargo by road and air. Maybe it would be possible for a special edition re-release or something. 

City Subtheme Idea 2: Postal Workers 

From my point of view, or at least from a lot of people's point of view, the postal service seems to be underrated in Lego City. Its obviously not a line of work that the designers of City want to push thus, why there was such as huge gap between the last postal set we've received to the postal plane that we received this year. I know it may not happen, but if they were to do a postal workers subtheme for City, here are my ideas.

• Express Delivery - For kids who would like a decent sized mail van in their town, this would be the right one. 6 studs wide and it would probably be about the same size as the bank truck from 60198. I'm thinking something based off of those Ram vans they use for the USPS. 

m-15057-050-12-3-2015-1.jpg

• Highway Postal Haul - This is where we extend our tour throughout the mail industry with the big rig that can haul at least four Lego pallets. I'm thinking something similar to this, only with the "City Mail" logo on the side.  

2296545519_0423f33344_z.jpg

• Air Mail - I've heard a lot of issues with the mail plane. I personally don't like it either. So I have come up with a plane that's much better. One that would be like the past super jetliners that have been released by Lego. The planes from the old cargo and airport sets are a great place to get influence from. 

cbc35478d4b68ec03123a4c0fd7f88a1.jpg

• Post Office - You'll need one of these of course. Perhaps instead of a four wheeled vehicle, I'd go out of the way and just include a mail deliverer on a scooter instead. 
Edited by Brandon Pea

On 1/23/2020 at 10:57 PM, Brandon Pea said:

Yo! My dude Riaan made these. He's a great builder. 

latest?cb=20200124034909

latest?cb=20200124034853

Lego City 16+ anyone?

This is awesome!!!  I wouldn't mind seeing a return of gas station sets like these in the City theme. 

44 minutes ago, cheetor1981 said:

This is awesome!!!  I wouldn't mind seeing a return of gas station sets like these in the City theme. 

That's why I proposed a spinoff of City called City 13+, which would focus more on buildings with some vehicles. 

Subtheme Idea 3: Pizza Delivery 🍕

This one may sound outlandish so feel free to chastise me! 

• Pizzeria - What better way to start of this part of a wave than a pizzeria! May need some action, so maybe a small pizza dispenser where you push something and pizza comes out???
  • Mobile Pizzeria - re-release of 60150. I'm appalled that that one stayed on the shelves for as long as it did. The other 2017 Great Vehicles have long been off of the shelves. That one was obviously pretty popular among fans. 
  • Pizza To Go - Don't think about the old town pizzeria. This is really just a pizza car with a deliveryman. 
  • Pizza Supplies Transport - I'm thinking something similar to the LEGO Truck from 60097, only with City Pizza instead of Lego. 

Subtheme Idea 4: News 📰

It may not sell. But it was worth a try.

• News Station - includes a news van (similar to the one from the doughnut shop) and a drone.
  • Traffic Report Unit - a news chopper
  • Weathermobile - a mobile news station

A mansion city set consisting of

Set 1 - large manor set

Set 2 - pool for the manor set with a pool house. 

Set 3 - Front gate and some walls with a drive way leading to a fountain 

Set 4 - expansion set to the manor along with trees and plants for the back yard

Set 5 - garden shed, lawnmower and so on

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

A mansion city set consisting of

Set 1 - large manor set

Set 2 - pool for the manor set with a pool house. 

Set 3 - Front gate and some walls with a drive way leading to a fountain 

Set 4 - expansion set to the manor along with trees and plants for the back yard

Set 5 - garden shed, lawnmower and so on

Mayor Freck could be there too. 

How many mayors have big mansions?

All the mayors in Australia will just live in the same house they have always lived in (it doesn't change just because they get elected in the way it does for other leaders like the prime minister of Australia or the president of the USA or the line).

I have certainly never heard of any city where they have a specific residence for the mayor (although no doubt there are mayors like Bloomberg in NYC rich enough to buy their own mansion to live in)

@jonwil No need to be challenging in your words man. I mean for Pete's sake, I've never seen police with jet packs. But they've got those in Lego City. 

He said mansion city set, but he also listed some other sets too that centered around a life of luxury. So I thought since Mayor Freck hasn't gotten his own City minifigure yet, I'd stick him in there. He may not live there, but he'd fit right in there with other wealthy nobility. 

Edited by Brandon Pea