Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

LEGO should make something new like a school, a college, or a library instead of always making police stations. Either that or bring back an old theme like Extreme Team or Time Cruisers.

I would like a better fire lineup, not just rearmount ladders, The new snorkel is nice, but it's been done before (7945) I would like a Hazmat truck, a pumper, and a mid mount ladder

Note: will lego fix the new fire engine ladder, It's facing the wrong way

LEGO should make something new like a school, a college, or a library instead of always making police stations. Either that or bring back an old theme like Extreme Team or Time Cruisers.

Yep, police is repetitive

I'd like to see another Octan Gas Station, complete with service garage, car wash, and convenience store, plus a tow truck, an oil tanker, and a civilian automobile (like a car for example). LEGO could take what they learned from the Simpsons' Kwik-E-Mart LEGO set and apply it to the convenience store portion of the set, like for example: how to set up the interior of the store. I would love for LEGO to bring back the car jack

piece that was originally molded in blue, but later molded in yellow for a Jack Stone gas station set. Another set I would like to being made, is a truck stop for all the big rig trucks.

I would like to see them make a supermarket, a toy store, a discount store (like a Walmart or Target), and a strip mall.

Edited by Justin

I'd like to see another Octan Gas Station, complete with service garage, car wash, and convenience store, plus a tow truck, an oil tanker, and a civilian automobile (like a car for example). LEGO could take what they learned from the Simpsons' Kwik-E-Mart LEGO set and apply it to the convenience store portion of the set, like for example: how to set up the interior of the store. I would love for LEGO to bring back the car jack

piece that was originally molded in blue, but later molded in yellow for a Jack Stone gas station set. Another set I would like to being made, is a truck stop for all the big rig trucks.

I would like to see them make a supermarket, a toy store, a discount store (like a Walmart or Target), and a strip mall.

Hey, we have the same ideas.

I would like to see buildings as seen in Town Square and City Square in less expensive sets. City Corner was a good one. I don't need the vehicles in those sets; Lego makes plenty of City vehicles that are sold individually. Buildings that are not Fire/Police/Crook related, and are affordable. I know Creator line has some of these, but I want stuff that fits in with existing City designs.

I would like to see buildings as seen in Town Square and City Square in less expensive sets. City Corner was a good one. I don't need the vehicles in those sets; Lego makes plenty of City vehicles that are sold individually. Buildings that are not Fire/Police/Crook related, and are affordable. I know Creator line has some of these, but I want stuff that fits in with existing City designs.

This, my friend. But I still feel Creator type builds expresses civilian settings better from the bigger array of parts. City is mostly big detailed pieces.

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but If they can give us those 3-story glass building Police and Fire buildings all the time, I wouldn't mind a $120 Hospital set. I'm fine with accepting the fact that the Supermarkets and specialty stores are relegated to Friends, but I would prefer a CITY Hospital over a potential Heartlake variant.

I'd like to see a new ambulance set with an American-style ambulance. I think that would be pretty neat.

Like a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van??? :) < Its the predominate ambulance rig in Metro Atlanta...

And yes, you call 911 in Metro Atlanta, odds are one of these will show. Not a City or County Fire Ambulance.

sprint2.JPG

Edited by P3_Super_Bee

While it's cool, it doesn't seem all that "American". Most of the ambulances I see around me are based off of Ford F150 chassis and cabins, with a custom built compartment and body on the back half of the vehicle.

Still waiting for a Zoo or Circus City Sub theme! They have been doing them in Duplo for years so not sure why they won't in LEGO!

Or if they could bring back the Safari or Farming theme that would be great too!

With one research theme a year over the past three years (2014: arctic, 2015: deep sea, 2016: volcano) I thought about which other research themes TLG could release. Taking into consideration that there has to be enough action inside these themes and a lot of different vehicles, only two new ones came to my mind:

Jungle / Maya (or Aztec) Research

- locations very similar to the excellent ones in the Adventures theme from 1999

- but vehicles, minifigs and equipment located in the present

Desert / Ancient Egypt Research

- locations very similar to the excellent ones in the Adventures theme from 1998

- but vehicles, minifigs and equipment located in the present

Since I was a youngster when the Adventures sets were releaed, I didn't have enough money to buy them. And so I would adore a comeback of theme - even more if they weren't located in the first half of the last century but in the present (with modern research vehicles and accessory)! :wub:

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I like your ideas as usual Klaus-Dieter! Although I think the Egyptian exploration theme is better suited to the era that the Adventurers, rather than modern day.

The Amazon exploration set would be most welcome but hopefully made in more realistic colours and with lots of new parts (preferably new animals and plants) rather than something we could build with existing pieces.

Here are some more ideas I have:

Hotel

Amusement Park

Shopping Mall

Department Store

Hamburger Restaurant

Ice Cream Truck

Off-road Pick-Up Truck

Telephone Repair Truck with Telephone Booth (maybe an AT&T-licensed set in the US and Mexico, and a Bell-licensed set in Canada)

Supermarket

Not to suggest even MORE police, but with next year being Canada's 150th anniversary, how about a Klondike gold rush theme with a sub theme including Lego's take on Mounties?

Hi, I'm new to this community, and I figured I'd throw my two cents. Themes that I would be interested in are:

1) A nice harbor/ port. I work at a seaport/airport, and I really like the idea of a (new) dedicated port sub theme. The last one was rather disappointing, so something along the lines of a 7823 container crane depot and 7994 harbor combination. A new (brick built?) ship hull would be nice, as the more recent one has been too small, in my opinion. Some new Maersk train-style containers would be nice as well.

2) More buildings. Lego has been very action-oriented recently, and I understand that. But when I was little, I liked the buildings just as much as the fire vehicles. Town Square set did a very good job of this. More in the future?

3) More independent train cars. Something similar to the vehicle line, or my own train, a while back.

So there is a newbie to the AFOL world's perspective. Please give me feedback if possible. Thank you.

I'd like to see a Street Scenes theme that could be car/motorcycle-centric.

• New gas station

• Diner or Sonic-style drive in

• Mechanic shop with lift and tow truck and/or Hot Rod/Tuner/Speed shop

• Off road truck shop

• Police car pulling over a speeder

• Car dealership with 3 of the same car in different colors

• Cafe/coffee shop with a bunch of motorcycles

Many of these could include ways to modify the cars with different wheels, paint graphics, induction or exhaust like the Speed Champions hot rod.

Can you guys think of anything else that might fit?

It seems that a new gas station will be launched this year. In my opinion the model looks good.

I would like to see a new harbour set.

Edited by Severus A

Over in the 2016 City sets topic, some made the suggestion for more minifigs packs such as "Fun in the park" - esp. a "Fun at the beach" set. So let's see what a "Fun at the beach" minifig pack could and should include:

- two brick-built palm trees

- ice-cream cart

- sunshade

- sunlounger

- rug

- small "outpost" for the lifeguard

- surfboard

- big surfboard with sail

- food

- beachball

- net for playing beachball

- diver equipment

- skateboard

- jellyfish

- crab

- sun cream

- brick-built sandcastle

- 14 minifigs: lifeguard, ice-cream vendor, male surfer, female surfer, 10 bathers (men, women, boys and girls), partly with cap, T-Shirt and shorts, partly only with swimwear

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Regarding these ideas for the future "Fun at the ..." series I would like to suggest my own thoughts on what sets LEGO should make. Because I love animals so much, I would love to see more of them in the system-sets.

For example, one idea is "National Park" set:

1) 3 minifigures of campers with a tent. One of them is a naturalist photographer (set also includes a tree or a bush with a butterfly)

2) 2 minifigures of people doing sports (it can be cyclist, jogger or someone and also some signs for them)

3) a minifigure of ranger (perhaps a small observing place or a map of the park nearby)

4) 1 or 2 people fishing (we have had no normal fishing rod for ages)

And then go animals:

Set can include snake or spider and a small ant hill with ants. The set can also include different types of trees (not models, but built with details) and birds sitting in their crones.

As for big animals I suggest including bear with a cub (they also can live in a cave). A male deer with a fawn or female deer. Perhaps, wolf, fox or bobcat as another predator and a wild boar.

It would also be great to have a variety of national parks' sets from all over the world (Asia, Africa, Australia etc.)

What do you think about it? Should LEGO make more animals for the system sets? Because Duplo is full of different living creatures, while system definitely lacks them.

Edited by Ookami

So much yes! How many tow trucks & helicopters do we really need? Seeing as they're expensive, especially the latest offering, kids are less likely to get it. I absolutely love the buildings in it, mostly the LEGO store & coffee stand. If they would've just axed a few of those vehicles, it would've been so mu h better.