Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

Funeral Home and Cemetary

Minifigs - Undertaker, Cemetary Caretaker, Funeral Attendees, dead man and woman.

Looney Bin

Minifigs - Doctors, Nurses, Orderlies, and Psychos in straitjackets.

Trailer/Camper Park

Minifigs - Rednecks, trailer trash women, and babies.

Radio Station

Minifigs - Radio DJ(s), and crew.

Animal Control Sets (Animal Control Officer Minifigs, Vehicles, and Animal Shelter)

Package Courier Sets similar to UPS and FedEx (Deliverer Minifigs, Vehicles, Store, and Warehouse)

Bar and Motorcycle Shop

Minifigs - Motorcycle Gang

Border Patrol Sets

Minifigs - Border Police and Illegal Aliens.

Edited by Rune Haako

Well 'Rune Haako' out of your list the following would have a chance....

Radio Station

Animal Control Sets (Animal Control Officer Minifigs, Vehicles, and Animal Shelter)

Package Courier Sets similar to UPS and FedEx (Deliverer Minifigs, Vehicles, Store, and Warehouse)

The others I guess no, though a bar and motorcycle shop could make it as a modular. :wink:

I'll add a fresh one from the top of my head, concert stage with a band, a roadie and a few groupies......goodness we would end though with either The Wanted or One Direction ! :laugh:

Personally, I'm really hoping we get a new Service Station/Convenience Store in 2013. It's long overdue, and building techniques have come such a long way since 2007's wonderful 7993 Service Station. I'm sure they could give us something fantastic in the $50-60USD range to update what every city needs.

I'd suggest obviously the actual structure itself, complete with well stocked shelves of drinks and snacks and an area with a coffee machine and the checkout counter w/ register. Moving outside we'd need some really well-designed pumps (perhaps a more elaborate version of what's in 4207) with maybe even some stickered plates promoting hot dogs or whatever can be purchased inside,, and an overhang from the store to the gas pumps like in the 7993. There's also another opportunity to add a car wash beside the building or perhaps even a drive-thru counter for fast food. Obviously the set would wrap up with some elaborate signage, from the Octan branding above the station to another sticker display promoting the current pricing of the gasoline by the gallon ( or petrol by the little), with perhaps this one designed to look like LED signage.

Other possibilities might include a small air tank station for mini's to pump up their tires; a few round plates on the ground where an Octan tanker could pull up and 'fill' up the tanks; and obviously we'd need a few vehicles too-- I'd love to see a station wagon or mini-van with a 'soccer mom' and her kids (unfortunately I fear TLG would never release a youth & vehicle display since it would only emphasize the shortcoming that short legged figs cannot 'sit' in a chair or car), and maybe a small sporty car or even just a motorcycle. They could even throw in a picnic table outside. This set is ripe for an update!!

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Personally, I'm really hoping we get a new Service Station/Convenience Store in 2013. It's long overdue, and building techniques have come such a long way since 2007's wonderful 7993 Service Station. I'm sure they could give us something fantastic in the $50-60USD range to update what every city needs.

I second the motion. :excited:

This would solve a few missing set ideas in to one.....perhaps a pay phone, mail box and atm be thrown in for good measure. :wink:

Though will the parking garage this year I'm not sure but we shall see when the first leaks come though....when who knows ? :blush:

Funeral Home and Cemetary

Minifigs - Undertaker, Cemetary Caretaker, Funeral Attendees, dead man and woman.

Looney Bin

Minifigs - Doctors, Nurses, Orderlies, and Psychos in straitjackets.

Trailer/Camper Park

Minifigs - Rednecks, trailer trash women, and babies.

Radio Station

Bar and Motorcycle Shop

Minifigs - Motorcycle Gang

Border Patrol Sets

Minifigs - Border Police and Illegal Aliens.

Amazingly we will actually see a Cemetery and a Loony Bin sets this year. Just not in the City line.(safe to say we will never see them in the city line. Mental illness is never funny unless a green haired mass murdering clown and a large man dressed as a Bat are involved. I don't know why this is.)

Anyway we have a funeral/wedding and a hearse over in Monster Fighters. And in Super Heroes we will be greeting Arkham Asylum in the next wave.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and speculate that anything involving illegal immigrants, trailer trash rednecks and biker gangs is probably a no go. Just a guess. Based on where you seem to be going with the theme, you can probably take strip bar off your growing list of "Americana" as well.

I'd suggest obviously the actual structure itself, complete with well stocked shelves of drinks and snacks and an area with a coffee machine and the checkout counter w/ register. Moving outside we'd need some really well-designed pumps (perhaps a more elaborate version of what's in 4207) with maybe even some stickered plates promoting hot dogs or whatever can be purchased inside,, and an overhang from the store to the gas pumps like in the 7993. There's also another opportunity to add a car wash beside the building or perhaps even a drive-thru counter for fast food. Obviously the set would wrap up with some elaborate signage, from the Octan branding above the station to another sticker display promoting the current pricing of the gasoline by the gallon ( or petrol by the little), with perhaps this one designed to look like LED signage.

Other possibilities might include a small air tank station for mini's to pump up their tires; a few round plates on the ground where an Octan tanker could pull up and 'fill' up the tanks; and obviously we'd need a few vehicles too-- I'd love to see a station wagon or mini-van with a 'soccer mom' and her kids (unfortunately I fear TLG would never release a youth & vehicle display since it would only emphasize the shortcoming that short legged figs cannot 'sit' in a chair or car), and maybe a small sporty car or even just a motorcycle. They could even throw in a picnic table outside. This set is ripe for an update!!

Compliment it with a nice new "City Motors" auto dealership as a larger set, to build a car sub theme around. And an auto transport truck, and a roadside service truck or tow truck. You could easily stretch that into a nice mid year theme ala mining.

While it's a good idea for a set, there's no way this will ever be anywhere near $60. Look at 4207's heavy price tag... :sad:

To the guy who suggested a trailer park... :laugh:

How about a Downtown Los Angeles-like ghetto with street gangs, addicts, and other two terms which I won't utter here, they stand for women selling "services" and men who "look after" them. These would make a terrific complement to the endless stream of police sets!

... nah, just kidding. We're just daydreaming.

Edited by SheepEater

Internet Café

Trash Dump (Not a large city dump, but the smaller kind where you can take off your own garbage yourself.)

Recycle Center

Bowling Alley

Golf Resort/Course

Minature Golf Course

Pawn Shop

Wax Museum (Could be a good way to get famous people minifigs.)

Edited by Rune Haako

Still want a circus or a zoo - both would make excellent additions and there's plenty of opportunity for multiple sets and city/train cross over..

Would love to see this as a real set...

I too would love to get my hands on a copy of that set. I still wonder how they did the windows on the second floor of the airport/control tower. :look:

I still hold out hope for a series of zoo sets.

Me too, so many new animal molds they have including 2 different monkeys, bears, new horses, cows, pigs, sheep, can't be too long before we get lions and tigers (oh my!)

I still hold out hope for a series of zoo sets.

This continues to be the most baffling gap in the long history of Lego Town. Duplo gets a new Zoo every other year, but apprently TLC thinks that once kids outgrow Duplo, they stop being interesting in animals. Makes no sense at all.

I think a zoo series in the city theme would do great. Think of the possibilities. zoo keeper vehicle, animal transports, the zoo as the main set, animal hospital etc etc. Kids love the zoo, Its not rocket science.

School has tons of possibilities also. Big school house, bus, playground. school minifig collection,

What about a School subtheme?

-Sci

But as we've discussed at length in this thread, do kids want to play with a school after they just spent 8 hours in one every day? It's all about what the kids want. On that note we had a farm and that was lovely and no conflict a zoo just seems logical.

But as we've discussed at length in this thread, do kids want to play with a school after they just spent 8 hours in one every day? It's all about what the kids want. On that note we had a farm and that was lovely and no conflict a zoo just seems logical.

Playmobil has a school subtheme in city. Girls especially love to play school.

Edited by MAH4546

Playmobil has a school subtheme in city. Girls especially love to play school.

...but according to TLG girls only like pink things, and friends...

I would just like 2 small houses set in a nice new colour. Just a 25$ set.

With all this building going on in Lego City, I was kinda wondering why I havn´t seen a construction company yet, so I am just throwing that idea out here for people to get inspiration from.

A construction company would in a lego universe probably contain everything needed to build a building.

So there would be an office for the architect (makes nice drawings) and the building engineer (translate the drawings into a workable solution). Maybe they have an assistant for making coffe and running errands.

Then there is the builders "shack" where the foreman and the mason, carpenter, electrician, painter and other craftsmen meet in for work. Maybe there is changing rooms and showers, a place to eat lunch.

Outside there is a truck for transporting materials, the workers cars and naturally there MUST be a caterpillar or similar digging machines. Maybe they have a mobile crane as well.

And naturally they must have 1-2 vans sporting the company logo.

Some construction materials such as doors, bricks, timber and similar have their place on the lot too.

Scaffolding equipment is standing in a corner.

The whole thing is fenced in and patrolled by a guardsman with a dog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was my inital thought, just trowing it out there.

That was my inital thought, just trowing it out there.

I merged this with the "Ideas for new City sets" thread.

Now that idea has potential, since we have got a plumber and soon a house painter, I'll say it again....something like a hardware store or builders supply with lots of tools, doors, plumbing fixtures and tins of paint.