Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

When did the coast guard theme happen? I ask becuase dolphin was introduced in People Pack in 2017. So I don’t recall that it showed up in coast guard set? I know Diviing Yacht set has a sawfish (or swordfish). 

And than you for reminding me about octopus. It is LOOOOONG overdue that it needs a new mold after the old octopus has been used for ages as other “old” animals getting new molds, like a new spider mold.

Last time we saw the coast guard subtheme was in 2017. I made a MOC  coast guard headquarters out of the 2022 beach tower set. It was pretty easy. But I just would like to see how it would look by today's City standards. 

40 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Last time we saw the coast guard subtheme was in 2017. I made a MOC  coast guard headquarters out of the 2022 beach tower set. It was pretty easy. But I just would like to see how it would look by today's City standards. 

Ah ok. Definitely, dolphin didn’t show up in coast guard subtheme since dolphin only made an appearance in the people pack. 

Now you just mentioend the beach post - it also came with a turtle (it made an appearance in CMF Series 20 - Diver). So yeah, Coast Guard does come with animals!

anyways, I’m quite interested in seeing coast guard sets in near future. 

4 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ah ok. Definitely, dolphin didn’t show up in coast guard subtheme since dolphin only made an appearance in the people pack. 

Nope! It didn't show up in coast guard. But I'm pretty sure City had nautical themed set with a dolphin. I just don't remember what it was. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Only animals that came in Coast Guard sets have been sharks (usually trying to eat some poor civilian who the coast guard are trying to rescue). Oh and I think one set came with a dark red octopus.

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

Only animals that came in Coast Guard sets have been sharks (usually trying to eat some poor civilian who the coast guard are trying to rescue). Oh and I think one set came with a dark red octopus.

Would be a good subtheme to introduce a pelican mold. 

16 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Nope! It didn't show up in coast guard. But I'm pretty sure City had nautical themed set with a dolphin. I just don't remember what it was. 

It’s People Pack - A Day at Beach. 

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

Meh about octopus. It’s a time or a remade mold for octopus. 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It’s People Pack - A Day at Beach.

Oh yeah! That was it. 

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Meh about octopus. It’s a time or a remade mold for octopus. 

Yes! Also give us a pelican and jellyfish mold. I think nautical themed City sets have given us a surplus of sea creatures though; octopuses, sharks, crabs, fish and stingrays. The latter was in the 2020 Ocean Exploration subtheme. 

Edited by Poodabricks

18 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Oh yeah! That was it. 

Yes! Also give us a pelican and jellyfish mold. I think nautical themed City sets have given us a surplus of sea creatures though; octopuses, sharks, crabs, fish and stingrays. The latter was in the 2020 Ocean Exploration subtheme. 

Yeah! That People Pack. :)

!00% agreed about pelican and jellyfish molds. I think we only got jellyfish (recolored chef’s hat) in licensed theme, like Spongebob SquarePant, I think? 

Do you think it’s too soon to get natural-themed sets when we still have ocean exploration from 2020?

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do you think it’s too soon to get natural-themed sets when we still have ocean exploration from 2020?

Nah! I don't think its too soon. From what I saw, the Ocean Exploration subtheme has been gone since last year. 

24 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Nah! I don't think its too soon. From what I saw, the Ocean Exploration subtheme has been gone since last year. 

Exception would be 60265: Ocean Exploration Base which is still sold until the end of this year at LEGO.com.

Ok! There is one thing that I wish Lego would make for City - Sticker Packs! I have lots of ideas on sticker packs for City. Back in 2019, Lego released an Xtra sticker pack.

s-l640.jpg

On Ebay, you can see sellers selling stickers for good prices. It's obvious that stickers make up a good enough bundle for Lego as MOCers use stickers to add detail to their buildings. For example; restaurants, vendor vans and snack shops seem to be a thing in City so why not a food sticker pack? A transport sticker pack could include companies such as Octan, Special Transport, the Transit emblem <-o->, or Cargo. Then there is the obvious first responder themed sticker pack with the police, fire and medical labels. Even the explorers can have a sticker pack; space, arctic, divers, etc. I'm just saying, I'm sure it would turn heads. 

Edited by Poodabricks

Xtra 853921 you pictured included pretty much all the city stickers you mention as well as road signs etc. It was on discount for a while so presumably hadn't sold very well. I picked up 4 or 5 near the end of its life and was impressed

On 11/20/2022 at 4:01 AM, CastleRail said:

Xtra 853921 you pictured included pretty much all the city stickers you mention as well as road signs etc. It was on discount for a while so presumably hadn't sold very well. I picked up 4 or 5 near the end of its life and was impressed

Thanks! But I kinda meant something more than that. 😬

Edited by Poodabricks

On 11/19/2022 at 5:21 PM, Poodabricks said:

Ok! There is one thing that I wish Lego would make for City - Sticker Packs! I have lots of ideas on sticker packs for City. Back in 2019, Lego released an Xtra sticker pack.

s-l640.jpg

On Ebay, you can see sellers selling stickers for good prices. It's obvious that stickers make up a good enough bundle for Lego as MOCers use stickers to add detail to their buildings. For example; restaurants, vendor vans and snack shops seem to be a thing in City so why not a food sticker pack? A transport sticker pack could include companies such as Octan, Special Transport, the Transit emblem <-o->, or Cargo. Then there is the obvious first responder themed sticker pack with the police, fire and medical labels. Even the explorers can have a sticker pack; space, arctic, divers, etc. I'm just saying, I'm sure it would turn heads. 

I agree, and to a transport sticker pack I would add bus stop signs and bus time tables. I think the one you showed (of which I have 8) had transit maps and train departure/arrival time screens, but I would also like to have more train station signage, like the like platform signs included in 60335 (I can't understand why there's only two resellers of that one on Bricklink). Also the same type of stuff for airports too. And of course more street signs.

A more extensive retail sticker pack would be nice as well, like for a clothing store, record store, music store, electronics store, perfume shop, candy shop, furniture store, interior design shop, home goods store, etc, etc....

ETA: and a culture sticker pack: Different types of museums, concert venues, art galleries, amusement parks, zoos, hotels. Maybe with additional information signs for the museums exhibits and for the animals at the zoo.

Edited by Jiesdeo

18 minutes ago, Jiesdeo said:

I agree, and to a transport sticker pack I would add bus stop signs and bus time tables. I think the one you showed (of which I have 8) had transit maps and train departure/arrival time screens, but I would also like to have more train station signage, like the like platform signs included in 60335 (I can't understand why there's only two resellers of that one on Bricklink). Also the same type of stuff for airports too. And of course more street signs.

A more extensive retail sticker pack would be nice as well, like for a clothing store, record store, music store, electronics store, perfume shop, candy shop, furniture store, interior design shop, home goods store, etc, etc....

ETA: and a culture sticker pack: Different types of museums, concert venues, art galleries, amusement parks, zoos, hotels. Maybe with additional information signs for the museums exhibits and for the animals at the zoo.

The one I'd definately buy is a explorers sticker pack. Like with space, arctic and divers. 

I'd like to see more road plate expansion pack, with unprinted 16x8 parts, and generally more 1x4 and 2x4 tiles to connect.

I mean, the glow in the dark lights, the plants, and crossing are a good start, but with sets getting parking spaces, half lane roads (8 wide), I hope those road packs continue.

Xtra road signs or glow in dark lights etc would've been nice as well but that "theme" seems to have stopped.

On 11/23/2022 at 6:00 AM, TeriXeri said:

I'd like to see more road plate expansion pack, with unprinted 16x8 parts, and generally more 1x4 and 2x4 tiles to connect.

Now that's something I'd pay big money for! Like if it were a huge box set, I'd buy. 

I want to see more trains, specifically a passenger train with a flat front like you see on many subway systems (London, Paris, NYC, Chicago, DC, LA and others). Doesn't have to replicate any real world train, just copy that general style.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

I want to see more trains, specifically a passenger train with a flat front like you see on many subway systems (London, Paris, NYC, Chicago, DC, LA and others). Doesn't have to replicate any real world train, just copy that general style.

I’d go for this.  Whilst I want, and currently have a train in my town, I’m struggling to make room for it, so making it an El or subway with a flat fronted car sounds like a good idea.

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

I'm definately behind that one. I cam up with the idea of a spin-off of Speed Champions called Railway Heroes, which would be centered around real trains and locomotives. I guess some trains from the subway systems can actually fit there. 

So while City does have a 2022 Police HQ, 2023 Academy with expanded office, I think 2024 should add something like an expanded Prison area.

Would include

• Cell block
  • Yard (maybe a small basketball court,  at least 1 hoop)
  • Interrogation room (with maybe trans-black window with a tile on 1 side to mimic the "1 sided" glass
  • Work/Food room with some table/seat
  • Visitors window

The last time there was focus on a larger prison was 2016 Prison Island.

Dog training did get some attention in 2022 and got actually expanded upon in the 2023 set, so a prison expansion isn't strange.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 12/23/2022 at 2:43 PM, Poodabricks said:

I'm definately behind that one. I cam up with the idea of a spin-off of Speed Champions called Railway Heroes, which would be centered around real trains and locomotives. I guess some trains from the subway systems can actually fit there. 

We need a Lego Flying Scotsman 

If anything, my wish for a steam train would be a detailed US style steam train (something like the one in The Lone Ranger or Back to the Future or Wild Wild West with the big fat funnel)