Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

Power subtheme anyone?

• Telephone Repair - Present day nod to this set
  • Wire Transport - a transport truck with two rolls of wires on the trailer
  • Street Lamp and Traffic Light Maintenance - Got the idea from the bucket trucks that I saw repairing the traffic lights today.
  • Wind Turbine Transport - Last one we got was in was in 2009.
  • Power Plant - The base set that includes the power plant building powered by solar pannels and a truck carrying a satelite 
Edited by Poodabricks

Shopping Street 60306 comes with a streetlight repair dude & bucket truck (and the world’s thinnest shops).

It’s branded ‘City Service’, so not a traditional roadworks yellow vehicle - but I’ve no idea if that tag is an existing theme or just something they made up for this truck.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:11 PM, Bricky Steamboat said:

Shopping Street 60306 comes with a streetlight repair dude & bucket truck (and the world’s thinnest shops).

It’s branded ‘City Service’, so not a traditional roadworks yellow vehicle - but I’ve no idea if that tag is an existing theme or just something they made up for this truck.

That wasn't what I was thinking. I was thinking something like a set with two bucket trucks (one reparing a traffic light and one repairing a street lamp) But yeah! 

Edited by Poodabricks

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

That wasn't what I was thinking. I was thinking something like a set with twi bucket trucks (one reparing a traffic light and one repairing a street lamp) But yeah! 

You make very good points about civil infrastructure. Even at a Lego City ‘cartoon’ level of detail.

We have wind turbines but no power plant, recycling trucks but no recycling centre, petrol stations but no electric car charging, road sweepers but no depot, books but no library, and athletes but no municipal sports centre.

17 minutes ago, Bricky Steamboat said:

You make very good points about civil infrastructure. Even at a Lego City ‘cartoon’ level of detail.

We have wind turbines but no power plant, recycling trucks but no recycling centre, petrol stations but no electric car charging, road sweepers but no depot, books but no library, and athletes but no municipal sports centre.

The service stations from 2016 onwards actually had electric charging stations connect, as with the most recent service center (released through the 60292 Town Centre) the electric charging station is the only sign of propulsion services. An electric charging station even came with the 60291 Town House. However, I agree with the other examples you gave. I'm still waiting for at least a sign from City that the sanitation engineers have a place to report to. Given the signs and symbols on the most recent street sweeper that was released in 2020, I'm going to assume that they now report to the same place as the garbagemen, which is the recycling center. In some of the 2021 fire sets, there were signs of a power plant being in the city, but not a full blown power plant - which I kinda wish would happen. I'd also love to see a City scale library and a sports center. 

Helicopter Testing Factory would be another good one that I'm sure would sell like hot cakes. Think about how popular helicopters are in the City fandom of the Lego universe and put at least two or three of those in one set. Kids would have a field day with that one. It'll also show us some other helicopters other than the police, fire, medical and explorer helicopters that we see all the time. I got the idea for the City Adventures season 3 episode titled Makeover and Over.

N7nPZoEfUtzcJX3bzeUHpHo_4nqzVBBVi0ZiKY7x

Hello, Eurobricks. In regards to ideas for LEGO City sets, here are my picks:

- Truck Stop

- Travel Center

- Outback Airstrip

- Diesel Race Trucks

As far as this goes, that's the best I can come up with. Enjoy your day, folks.

-Xeldritsie

17 minutes ago, Xeldritsie said:

Hello, Eurobricks. In regards to ideas for LEGO City sets, here are my picks:

- Truck Stop

- Travel Center

- Outback Airstrip

- Diesel Race Trucks

As far as this goes, that's the best I can come up with. Enjoy your day, folks.

-Xeldritsie

Those sound great! I remember having a truck stop set from the City Center theme that was done during thr late 90s to early 2000s. 

Thanks to Chinese New Year and Monkie Kids sets, I think it’s time for us to get some Asian restaurants or gardens for City them to tackle American/European aspects. 

No more pizza, burgers, or ice cream, please!

We now have chopsticks and some cool parts from Chinese New Year and Monkie Kid that City designer le resum for Chinese / Japanese restaurants. Let’s say… a ramen restaurant with Japanese garden! I mean, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture & food. :)

Oh and the builds need to include Asian archiecture as well. 

On 4/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Thanks to Chinese New Year and Monkie Kids sets, I think it’s time for us to get some Asian restaurants or gardens for City them to tackle American/European aspects. 

No more pizza, burgers, or ice cream, please!

We now have chopsticks and some cool parts from Chinese New Year and Monkie Kid that City designer le resum for Chinese / Japanese restaurants. Let’s say… a ramen restaurant with Japanese garden! I mean, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture & food. :)

Oh and the builds need to include Asian archiecture as well. 

Bro! I've been fighting for more stationary restaurants for the City line. A Chinese Hunan is one of those. Perhaps the chopsticks from the Monkey Kid theme would be good for it. I've also recommended a Labanese Kabob and an Eastern European Bistro. Culture wise, I do feel like Lego is kinda being hypocritical about their City line as they claim that they don't want to make cultural references as it could be deemed offensive. But let's be honest. What about that kendo/fencing school on top of the pizzeria that's in 60292? Two cultural references in one; the Italians and the Japanese. Look at the many pizza related sets in the theme too. Just saying. 

Edited by Poodabricks

44 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Bro! I've been fighting for more stationary restaurants for the City line. A Japanese Hunan is one of those. Perhaps the chopsticks from the Monkey Kid theme would be good for it. I've also recommended a Labanese Kabob and a Russian Bistro. Culture wise, I do feel like Lego is kinda being hypocritical about their City line as they claim that they don't want to make cultural references as it could be deemed offensive. But let's be honest. What about that kendo/fencing school on top of the pizzeria that's in 60292? Two cultural references in one; the Italians and the Japanese. Look at the many pizza related sets in the theme too. Just saying. 

Yeah! And i think ther.      Katanas in Modern Family House set as well? I feel like it’s completely stereotypical that all people tend to eat pizza everyday. And i think there is a character named Hector in City theme, right? I could be wrong…

Anyways, i want a japanese restaurant!!!! *takes a break* ahem, carry on!

Friends got a set this year with a Japanese Sushi place, a Mexican Taco place and a fruit/juice bar so clearly they are OK with putting such things in Friends. So there should be no reason they can't put the same things in City...

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

Friends got a set this year with a Japanese Sushi place, a Mexican Taco place and a fruit/juice bar so clearly they are OK with putting such things in Friends. So there should be no reason they can't put the same things in City...

I agree. 

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

Agreed! I hope they will do this for City theme soon.

Hey guys! I have a few ideas for a subtheme - Fishing Industry! I mean, i’m SOOOO fond of seafood…

there was a sardine factory set but it’s hardly counted if some crooks raided it… I’m perfectly aware about Hidden Side set that features shrimp restaurant & boat.

Anyways… here are my ideas!

1..) Fishing Boat - Some minifigures in bright orange overalls with wide-brimmed fisherman’s hat, fishing net, crates, 2x2 tile printed with fish (similiar to koi-printed one from Lantern Festival), some new fish  speices mold (bass, salmon, swordfish, etc).

2.) Fishing Market - A market sided with a dock (recolored road plate). Some customers and fishermen. Stacked crates outside the market.

3.) Seafood restaurant - Fishing nets as decorations inside the restaurant. A delivery truck will be included. 

4.) Fisherman’s Mission - A simple rowboat being docked at a small dock. A recolored tool box (in bright orange), a wide-brimmed hat in bright yellow. 

5.) Lighthouse - A much taller lighthouse than the recent one, a small house built inside the lighthouse. Well, you see… lighthouse is NEEDED for seaside community….

We will need some new marine speices molds:

1.) Bass

2.) Salmon

3.) Shrimp

4.) Crab (recolored/reprinted?)

5.) Swordfish

6.) Lobster (RECOLORED BLUE!!!! Trust me it does exist and it’s so RARE)

7.) Octopus 

I’m sure there would be some new / recolored parts as well. 

I think they should do some disaster related sets, like rising flood waters, or some other climate change issues being dealt with.

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

5.) Lighthouse - A much taller lighthouse than the recent one, a small house built inside the lighthouse. Well, you see… lighthouse is NEEDED for seaside community….

You'll be glad to hear there is a lighthouse in the works via Ideas.

However, based on the original submission, it is unlikely to be minifig-scale. Perhaps it could work in the distance.

21 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I think they should do some disaster related sets, like rising flood waters, or some other climate change issues being dealt with.

How can Lego designers do that if thre is a climate change or disaster them, such as flash flood or earthquake or tornado or climate change?  It’s little challenging to design tha way. However, I do notice a few things:

We had forest fire sometimes.

There was a pollution in Ocean Exploration subtheme back in 2020 (take a look at a bike in one of these sets). Clearly, sea animals are victims to pollution (and climate change?).

in 2021, we have Wildlife Rescue subtheme that represent conservationism when it comes to res animals from being endangered. However, no poahcers included.

In Winter Village set, Santa’s Visit, there is a new technique (a pot) to hide a light brick for Christmas tree to light up. Based on my best judgment, that pot looks like it’s a big pot and I quickly reconcile it as a living Christmas tree (not a chopped tree). It represents reforestation - after Christmas season, you could re-plant that living Christmas tree somewhere in stream of trashing it away.  Speaking of reforestation… I think a new Freinds set that features planting tree this year?

and lastly, there are new vehicles in City theme - electric cars and scooters that can tackle climate change, reducing fossil fuel. Oh and solar panels too.

I really have no idea how TLG desginers can d come up with flash flood, earthquake or tornado. Honeslty, I would love to see Disaster sets some days!

17 hours ago, Yoggington said:

You'll be glad to hear there is a lighthouse in the works via Ideas.

However, based on the original submission, it is unlikely to be minifig-scale. Perhaps it could work in the distance.

Excellent news! I’m a fan of lighthouses myself. 

Well, I don’t mind if it’s not minifigure-scale lighthouse. :) 

On 5/6/2022 at 5:25 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Excellent news! I’m a fan of lighthouses myself. 

Well, I don’t mind if it’s not minifigure-scale lighthouse. :) 

Here's the original submission: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a8055a23-30d5-45a4-b046-7f5988722a3f

I gotta say it's pretty great, and the one I am looking forward to the most of the current 'under construction' batch.

On 2/20/2022 at 6:43 AM, jonwil said:

record shop

Considering how much I make use of my local one I'd definitely be up for that.  My wallet is endangered by three things:  LEGO, Scalextric, and vinyl.

Edited by Vilhelm22

I have some ideas for Forest Fire subtheme. 

1.) Rescue Quad - a small quad with a tree like one from Picnic in the Park set, a few animals like squirrel or skunk to be rescued. 

2.) Helicopter - helicopter carrying a large bucket of water 

3.) Burning Bridge - a blue-trans road plate serving as river with a wooden bridge built over it. Adding some fire pieces to bridge. Including a vehicle.

4.) Fire Station Operations - a large station with some fire truck but with off-road er wheels

5.) Forest Animal Rescues - a transport vehcile to move wild animals awa from wildlife (a few trees).

Now we need some animal molds we never got before:

1.) Fox

2.) Otter (recolored Patronus piece) or Beaver 

3.) Forest turtle 

4.) Elk/Moose

5.) Bear cub 

6.) Wing-spreading duck?

Hello, Eurobricks. I would have to agree with Poodabricks regarding the truck stop idea. I actually had a truck stop set from 1987. It was set number 6393.

I would also have to agree with DBlegonerd7 regarding the Forest Fire subtheme idea. That would also be a great idea, too.

My idea for new Lego city sets would involve classic vehicles from various different eras.

As far as anything goes, that's the best I can come up with. Enjoy your day, folks.

Best regards,

Xeldritsie