Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

I have some character ideas for Lego City Adventures:

• Brianna Parker - a young valet who has a crush on Harl.
  • Denise Letterman - a local mail girl 
  • Rocky Rhodes - an ice cream vendor who was a former opera singer 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I have some character ideas for Lego City Adventures:

• Brianna Parker - a young valet who has a crush on Harl.
  • Denise Letterman - a local mail girl 
  • Rocky Rhodes - an ice cream vendor who was a former opera singer 

Rocky Rhodes was the former opera singer and now he is an ice cream vendor, huh? That does sound interesting! I could imagine he sings while giving ice creams to his customers on the streets!

Let’s me see…. A name for ice cream parlor/cart…. Rocky & Icy? Cold Stone? Opera Goin’ Cold? It’s kinda hard to think something more… :)

Got some F1 car ideas 

• Black #1 Vita Rush Sponsored F1 car 
  • Yellow #2 City Pizza Sponsored F1 car 
  • Red #3 SPORT Sponsored F1 car 
  • White #4 Octan Sponsored F1 car 
  • Blue #5 Octan E Sponsored F1 car 
  • Green #6 City Bank Sponsored F1 car 

The next major Fire Rotation maybe we could see some other fire vehicles? A Heavy Rescue Truck with tools, plus Scuba gear and a trailer with a zodiac type boat. Or a fire water supply tanker. Basically the Octan fuel truck designs but in red with fire stuff. 

For Police? Maybe a lab truck with a pair of CSI techs. They will solve the donut mystery!

Edited by Faefrost

14 minutes ago, Faefrost said:

The next major Fire Rotation maybe we could see some other fire vehicles? A Heavy Rescue Truck with tools, plus Scuba gear and a trailer with a zodiac type boat. Or a fire water supply tanker. Basically the Octan fuel truck designs but in red with fire stuff. 

For Police? Maybe a lab truck with a pair of CSI techs. They will solve the donut mystery!

What fuel truck? 

1 minute ago, Faefrost said:

They've released a few fuel tankers over the years at least one in great vehicles. A Fire tanker is that in red. With a Firefighter

OHHHH! thanks, I thought 60321 got leaked :wall:

For fire I want a hazmat truck, Maybe bring back that silver suit from the Volcano theme but give it some fire decoration to make it look like a specialized fire suit. And make a gas mask type piece as well.

2 hours ago, jonwil said:

For fire I want a hazmat truck, Maybe bring back that silver suit from the Volcano theme but give it some fire decoration to make it look like a specialized fire suit. And make a gas mask type piece as well.

The silver suit was a recolored of the series 4 CMF Mazmat suit figure. Which was originally yellow. There was also a white suit version released in Ultra Agents. 

Speaking of hazmat stuff…

How come we don’t have any chemistry leak in Lego set? Or s experiment going wrong? Like a mutated insect escaped a lab facility and officers have to wear hazmat suits to find that monster. 

Or more less popular, quantaine zone for infected people. 

Since we are going to have Lunar Base sets next year. 

I have a few ideas. It’s very unrealistic but very futuristic. 

1.) Lunar Mining 

2.) Lunar Lab Center 

3.) Lunar Fossil Disocvery (yeah, yeah it’s so random and strange but it’s possible! There may be some micro fossils on Mars)

4.) Dome Center (for Lunar Base) - D2C

9 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Though children probably don't want to be reminded of Covid in their imaginary Lego worlds....perhaps the 2022 hospital anyone?

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Though children probably don't want to be reminded of Covid in their imaginary Lego worlds....perhaps the 2022 hospital anyone?

Not just children. No one wants to be reminded about Covid. That’s why I said “less popular”, I guess we agree on it. 

We will find out about that hospital set soon!

43 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

I hope so. I'm getting anxious. 

Same here. I really really odn’t want to see this hospital set having received control services if it may have some strong references to COVID. 

A masked surgeon totally makes sense. But doctor wearing a mask in an exam room with patient there? I dunno…

17 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Speaking of hazmat stuff…

How come we don’t have any chemistry leak in Lego set? Or s experiment going wrong? Like a mutated insect escaped a lab facility and officers have to wear hazmat suits to find that monster. 

You could always go non purist and use brickforge's spill / splat piece. It is available in many colours for toxic spills, milk, pee, ...

On 9/26/2021 at 3:55 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I feel like this has happened in other fantasy themes already, though I can't think of any myself.  As @MAB says, there are non purist ways to do it.  I think moulds exist, purist or not, for mutated animals or things from other themes that look it, so it's easily possible to custom build something.

I am hopeful that one day they will return to make new models of cargo ships, or a theme about commercial port activities. I would like to see a shipyard with a dock for a cargo ship in the future, as there are already new hulls to build better and more detailed cargo ships.

2 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I feel like this has happened in other fantasy themes already, though I can't think of any myself.  

Technically it’s sci-fi, not fantasty but yeah I agree with you on everything you just said. 

3 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

I am hopeful that one day they will return to make new models of cargo ships, or a theme about commercial port activities. I would like to see a shipyard with a dock for a cargo ship in the future, as there are already new hulls to build better and more detailed cargo ships.

Funny enough I was thinking about a cargo subtheme revival with a ship dock as the base set instead of a land based cargo terminal. 

Edited by Poodabricks

33 minutes ago, Poodabricks said:

Funny enough I was thinking about a cargo subtheme revival with a ship dock as the base set instead of a land based cargo terminal. 

I try to collect them where I can.  I’ve got 3 cargo trains, the container terminal set with the four containers and a big lorry from a few years ago, the 2013 cargo terminal with the airport, the cargo truck from the same series, a small green crane from 2007 and the large 2007 harbour, the only set to use the largest ever hull produced (can take 8 standard 6x10 containers without stacking).  The trains provide a good way to connect cargo with the passenger services as the passenger and cargo trains run on the same layout.

However, it’s still the case we should get more.  There’s a new cargo train next year following the four year pattern.

10 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

The trains provide a good way to connect cargo with the passenger services as the passenger and cargo trains run on the same layout.

Speaking of passenger trains, I still want Lego to do a public transit subtheme for City with an EMU commuter train. You can put the cargo train in the cargo subtheme. 

9 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

Speaking of passenger trains, I still want Lego to do a public transit subtheme for City with an EMU commuter train. You can put the cargo train in the cargo subtheme. 

Yeah I agree.  The trains subtheme in itself shouldn’t be a thing.  Stations and passenger trains should be part of a public transport subtheme (we could easily have enough to make with a couple more sets) whilst cargo trains would be in a cargo subtheme.  Cranes and lorries would be part of this too.

I feel like beyond the standard trains others could be parts of other subthemes as well.  For a start, fire trains do exist, even if rare.  A maintenance of way (MOW) train could be in the construction subtheme.  A car transporter train could be for some great vehicles type thing.  Circus trains have existed in the past.  Hospital trains also have existed - particularly in wartime - a prime preserved example can be found at the National Railway Museum, York, UK (arguably the best railway museum globally, as trains were basically invented by the British).  RPOs (Railway Post Offices) were big in the USA for years.  Fuel train for Octan.  Even prisoner transport trains exist.  NASA had a train at one stage.

It’s never going to happen, but a train could easily be added to every subtheme, and the trains theme abolished.