Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

I've noticed that City doesn't have a fixed transit system. I'm pretty sure there is room for one considering that they've got a fixed beverage company (VitaRush), a fixed oil company (Octan), a fixed distribution agency (Cargo) and their own pizza chain (City Pizza). Maybe it could be called.....Brick Transit? Livery? Blue and orange. 

This one is more on a grey scale rather than a "will happen" or "won't happen" type of subtheme for City. Maybe it could be a winter 2021 release alongside next year's police and great vehicle waves. I know one thing, they'll have to do a very good action packed backstory or mini movie to push these if Lego wants them to sell. 

Subtheme Idea: Public Transport

• Driver Training - Includes blue mini bus, bus stop and two cones
  • Shuttle Service - Includes blue shuttle bus with bus stop
  • Highway Express - Includes blue coach bus with bus stop.
  • City Bus - Includes blue city bus with bus stop 
  • Articulated Bus - Includes blue articulated bus with bus stop
  • Rapid Transit Train - Includes blue rapid transit train, oval track layout and platfom
  • Streetcar - Includes blue streetcar with oval track layout and platform

New Characters Introduced:

• Brandon Transitwell - a young bus driver
  • Gertrude Von Breda - a subway and streetcar operator who is from Germany 
  • Sir Alexander Dennis- the head of the transit company
Edited by Brandon Pea

6 hours ago, jonwil said:

LEGO already has the <-o-> logo for transport sets (trains particularly)

That's for the railroad industry. Yes, they did use that on the bus from 2017, but it wasn't really original. Making the bus blue instead of yellow and calling it "City Transit" or something like that would be original. 

I'm thinking a blue body with orange wheels to make it stand out. I've got a Matchbox bus like that. Its actually my favorite vehicle. 

matchbox-city-transit-bus-.jpg

Edited by Brandon Pea

The logo was also used for bus transit in the City Corner from 2009 as well as the Town Square in 2013.

So all 3 City sets that feature regular transit buses are using the logo.

Yes I would like to see more buses but the bus from 2017 is a pretty decent design (especially since its the first bus in LEGO history that can be used by people with a disability)

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

the bus from 2017 is a pretty decent design

Yeah! But the only issue is......its roof was hard to remove. They could've easily put on an easy to remove roof like they did with the 2018 bus. 

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

So all 3 City sets that feature regular transit buses are using the logo.

Well if they use that logo for the transit system, they'd have to change the logo on the cargo train because transit systems don't have cargo trains. I've always thought they should've put this symbol on the cargo train, since its already green and it would be pretty cool if the cargo train was owned by the same company that handles cargo by road and air. Maybe it would be possible for a special edition re-release or something. 

New subtheme anyone?

Subtheme Idea: News

• News Station - Includes TV6+ news station building, drone and Gabby DeCamera from Lego City Adventures
  • Aerial Traffic Unit - Includes TV6+ chopper, green 6 stud wide sports car and police car. Also includes Tippy the Evil Doorman and Duke DeTain from Lego City Adventures
  • Mobile News Command Center - includes mobile news center truck and announcement stage. Also includes Mayor Solomon Fleck, Mary Sinclair and Gabby DeCamera from Lego City Adventures.

• Stormi McCloud - the city meteorologist. She's also Freya McCloud's cousin. 
  • Will Badminton - the sports reporter for TV6+.
  • Clayton Rushower - the traffic reporter for TV6+. 
Edited by Brandon Pea

On 1/23/2020 at 10:57 PM, Brandon Pea said:

Yo! My dude Riaan made these. He's a great builder. 

latest?cb=20200124034909

latest?cb=20200124034853

Lego City 16+ anyone?

This is awesome!!!  I wouldn't mind seeing a return of gas station sets like these in the City theme. 

44 minutes ago, cheetor1981 said:

This is awesome!!!  I wouldn't mind seeing a return of gas station sets like these in the City theme. 

That's why I proposed a spinoff of City called City 13+, which would focus more on buildings with some vehicles. 

Subtheme Idea: Cargo 

• Freight Train - re-release of 60198
  • Truck and Forklift - re-release of 60020
  • Distribution Center - includes cargo plane (similar to the one from 60101, forklift, various minifigures, crates and small office
  • Harbor - includes cargo ship, dock, crane and small truck 

New Characters Introduced 

• Patrick McCargo - the headmaster of the cargo terminal
Edited by Brandon Pea

I'd definately still hope for a news station set. It may not sell well, but I'd buy if one hits the shelves. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

A mansion city set consisting of

Set 1 - large manor set

Set 2 - pool for the manor set with a pool house. 

Set 3 - Front gate and some walls with a drive way leading to a fountain 

Set 4 - expansion set to the manor along with trees and plants for the back yard

Set 5 - garden shed, lawnmower and so on

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

A mansion city set consisting of

Set 1 - large manor set

Set 2 - pool for the manor set with a pool house. 

Set 3 - Front gate and some walls with a drive way leading to a fountain 

Set 4 - expansion set to the manor along with trees and plants for the back yard

Set 5 - garden shed, lawnmower and so on

Mayor Freck could be there too. 

How many mayors have big mansions?

All the mayors in Australia will just live in the same house they have always lived in (it doesn't change just because they get elected in the way it does for other leaders like the prime minister of Australia or the president of the USA or the line).

I have certainly never heard of any city where they have a specific residence for the mayor (although no doubt there are mayors like Bloomberg in NYC rich enough to buy their own mansion to live in)

@jonwil No need to be challenging in your words man. I mean for Pete's sake, I've never seen police with jet packs. But they've got those in Lego City. 

He said mansion city set, but he also listed some other sets too that centered around a life of luxury. So I thought since Mayor Freck hasn't gotten his own City minifigure yet, I'd stick him in there. He may not live there, but he'd fit right in there with other wealthy nobility. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

City Subtheme: Postal Workers ?

• Express Delivery - Includes postal van, packages and mail box
  • Highway Postal Haul - Includes postal rig with trailer, crates of mail, crates of parcels and forklift
  • Jumbo Mail Jet - Includes jumbo jet, mail crates, parcel crates, forklift and control tower
  • Mail Transport Ship - Includes big mail ship with dock and small mail van
  • Mail Train - Includes two car mail train with oval track layout
  • Post Office - Includes post office building, mail pieces, parcel pieces and two scooters

• Melanie Post - a postal worker
  • Pat Parcelton - the town's postmaster. 
Edited by Brandon Pea

Subtheme Idea: Medical ?

• Air Lift - Includes ambulance helicopter and crashed civilian car
  • Medicine Transport - Includes medicine transport plane
  • Mobile Medical Center - Includes rig, mobile medical trailer with treatment area and warning signs
  • Ambulance Helicopter Transport - Includes pull string ambulance helicopter and transport truck
  • Hospital - includes hospital building with easy to remove levels, ambulance and drone

• Andrew McStitch - the chief medical practitioner of the city hospital.
  • Victoria Needleman - a registered nurse. 
  • Amber Lance - a local paramedic.
Edited by Brandon Pea

Subtheme Idea: Automotive ?

• Heavy Wrecker - Includes 8x8 tow truck, civilian car and Mary Sinclair
  • Petrol Tanker - re-release of 60016
  • Mega Service Center - Includes gas station building complete with car wash, snack shop, gas pumps, recharging bay, civilian cars and Tread Octane in Octan uniform.
  • Octan Garage - Includes a garage building with small wrecker, civilian car and Harl Hubbs in Octan uniform
  • Octan F1 Cup - Includes pit stop, white F1 car and black F1 car
  • Octan F1 Transport - Includes blue F1 car, green F1 car, red F1 car and yellow F1 car

• Danny Towman - a truck driver for the Octan Corp. 
  • Brenda Gassaway - a gas station attendant. 
  • Julie Shifts - a race car driver for the Octan Cup. 
Edited by Brandon Pea

On 2/15/2020 at 4:42 PM, jonwil said:

How many mayors have big mansions?

All the mayors in Australia will just live in the same house they have always lived in (it doesn't change just because they get elected in the way it does for other leaders like the prime minister of Australia or the president of the USA or the line).

I have certainly never heard of any city where they have a specific residence for the mayor (although no doubt there are mayors like Bloomberg in NYC rich enough to buy their own mansion to live in)

I'm not sure, but governors (in the States) have historically.

Great, now I'm thinking of LEGO City political party/campaign sets.I can already see the slogans: "Let's build a new future."

Just now, KotZ said:

Great, now I'm thinking of LEGO City political party/campaign sets.I can already see the slogans: "Let's build a new future."

Good way to give Mayor Fleck some fame, aye Kotz? 

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

Good way to give Mayor Fleck some fame, aye Kotz? 

Maybe he has a plan to lower crime in LEGO City or build some infrastructure.

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Maybe he has a plan to lower crime in LEGO City or build some infrastructure.

More jobs and less crime! That's what I love to hear. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Time to wake this forum up. I've got some ideas for 2021 great vehicles. 

City Bus - Includes a blue city bus with 4 wheels, a young bus driver and two passengers. New Character Introduced: Brandon Transitwell 

Heavy Wrecker - Includes white, green and red 8x8 wrecker using the same shape as the one from the 2009 Garage set and using the Octan logo, driver with blue Octan torso and two cones. No string. Technic lift used instead. New Character Introduced: Danny Towman

Pretzel Truck - Includes pretzel van with a similar shape to the 2017 pizza van, cook and customer on bike. New Character Introduced: Alonzo Pretzeltwist 

Sports Car - Includes green sports car and Poppy Star from LCA. 

Mail Van - includes a yellow 6 stud wide postal van with the "City Mail" logo, a crate, some mail pieces, mail lady minifig and mail box. New Character Introduced: Veronica Post

Airport Firetruck - Includes airport fire truck, Buster Lloyd, the needed equipment and a plane engine that's on fire. I think I might have referenced 60061 by accident on that one though. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Wouldn't surprise me if LEGO did bring back hospital/medical sets to City sooner then they orignally had planned before this Pandemic.

On 3/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, TeriXeri said:

Wouldn't surprise me if LEGO did bring back hospital/medical sets to City sooner then they orignally had planned before this Pandemic.

I would agree. I just hope this pandemic doesn't affect the company itself and production of sets in general. I know they do it for organization sake, but I think the idea of subthemes should be dropped. I don't know if anyone else would agree but that's just my view. Great vehicles and town are probably the only City subthemes that really get me interested along with some of the explorer subthemes. Then again, this is coming from a guy who has a table town of Lego City structures that needs more than just first responders. :tongue:

Btw,  what do you think of my Great Vehicles ideas? 

Edited by Brandon Pea

22 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Btw,  what do you think of my Great Vehicles ideas? 

Mail / Package delivery truck certainly fits in the current age of ordering many things (online).

More food trucks are always nice, a Bakery/Pretzel Van can certainly can work, as those LEGO minifig food items already exist : baguette/croissant/pretzel/coffee cup/cupcake/pie/donut/waffle.

Airport Firetruck are certainly unique of enough to be made in another set, the last one was in 2014, and 2006.

My country just got new ones this month :

The 8 wheeled ones are for Schiphol, the 6 wheeled ones for Lelystad/Rotterdam.

Interesting feature include a drill to take care of the inside of the airplane (comparable to a sprinkler in a building).

Edited by TeriXeri