Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

31 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I mean those tools :

11402.png

With the garage theme, it still surprises me they didn't include this in any set, but did put it in a 4+ set last year with Benny's Fix shop.

Yeah, they seem to use the spanner wrench / screwdriver in place of a proper tool kit in many sets. It is a shame the other tools don't get put in more sets. And of course the obligatory crow bar for robbers.

57 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I would like to obtain that jack piece. Maybe I could find on ebay. 

BrickLink is a much better place to look for it :)

8 minutes ago, jonwil said:

BrickLink is a much better place to look for it :)

Its for my service station. I'll think about Bricklink. Would they give you your money back if the part turns up damaged or anything like that? 

22 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Its for my service station. I'll think about Bricklink. Would they give you your money back if the part turns up damaged or anything like that? 

BL is composed of individual sellers, most of which are excellent and take care of the parts they sell. Look for one with good feedback and you will be fine.

5 minutes ago, MAB said:

BL is composed of individual sellers, most of which are excellent and take care of the parts they sell. Look for one with good feedback and you will be fine.

Ok! I'm used to going on the official site. But let me try Bricklink out. 

They should bring back the floor jack piece. And dual mold it; red or blue and one of the metallic colors.

And mold the hand tools in metallic colors as well, only impact sockets are black.

2 hours ago, koalayummies said:

They should bring back the floor jack piece. And dual mold it; red or blue and one of the metallic colors.

And mold the hand tools in metallic colors as well, only impact sockets are black.

You mean this one? 

s-l300.jpg

I think they should too. 

On 11/14/2019 at 3:58 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, maybe the City theme oughta make the next "People Pack" a Fun at the Skate Park set, as the Hidden Side theme has already introduced quite a few new headgear/hairpiece molds they could aptly recolor for such... :shrug_oh_well:

That found great for getting different skating stuff, could even have that kick scooter from the friends set back in 2018. I could see it even having a decent amount of sticker for the skateboards, rather than getting printed or non, we get an option of different sticker for the board.

City Set Ideas 

So I decided to rename my mini series "City Set Ideas" instead of "City Set Wishlists" as most of these aren't even likely to happen. 

• Bus Barn - The office could be a similar size to the doughnut shop. You'll need a lift to repair buses. Inculudes and blue city bus, a school bus similar to the one from that Friends set and a two story bus similar to the one from 60200. 
  • Octan Auto Repair Shop - Yea we got the tuning workshop. I know. 
  • Vita Rush Juice Van - a food van just like the ice cream truck and pizza van.  
  • Police Academy People Pack - includes Wheeler, Duke DeTain, Rooky Partnur, Sam Grizzler and Tom Bennett
  • Shopping District - A mega set idea. Includes a carry out pizza parlor, pet store, post office, convenience store and some vehicles. 
Edited by Brandon Pea

On 1/16/2020 at 2:50 PM, Brandon Pea said:

Police Academy People Pack 

I really don't want to see that wasting a slot. we get police literally every year, how would this be set apart from those we get in other sets?

9 minutes ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

I really don't want to see that wasting a slot. we get police literally every year, how would this be set apart from those we get in other sets?

I agree about a lot of police. Im just surprised we haven't seen one yet. 

What do you think about the other ideas on there?

@Brandon Pea
And good they haven't, if they made that while still making police set every year, would likely sell poorly.

For the other ideas.
I don't see the Bus Barn working, maybe it'll help if I see reference picture to know what you're picturing it to look like.
Isn't the Corner Garage (10264) basically the Octan repair shop, though it would be good to get a lower price version and years after the Tuning Shop retirement.
Be nice to get that juice in something that isn't on a racing vehicle It be good if the Vita Rush have 1x1 around brick printed with it's brand, rather than a printless orange round brick.
Shopping district I almost all the choice, I think maybe the post office could be switch out with something else, maybe a flower or clothing shop to fit more with the name.

1 hour ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

And good they haven't, if they made that while still making police set every year, would likely sell poorly.

Isn't that why the designers at City have pretty much sworn their allegiance to the police? Because they DO sell. Unless sales is just a scapegoat for a much deeper message that City is trying to tell us. I love to overthink so I believe is something deeper. 

I don't see the Bus Barn working, maybe it'll help if I see reference picture to know what you're picturing it to look like.

I can't really show you exactly what I have in mind. But....think of it as something similar to the outline of the tuning workshop. 

Isn't the Corner Garage (10264) basically the Octan repair shop, though it would be good to get a lower price version and years after the Tuning Shop retirement.

Yes it is. But that's a modular. I'm speaking of something similar to the tuning workshop, but more generic. 

Like this. 

d4e4o5g414m4r5g5m444a4f446o2o4c4z5o4p594

Be nice to get that juice in something that isn't on a racing vehicle It be good if the Vita Rush have 1x1 around brick printed with it's brand, rather than a printless orange round brick.

Or an actual stand or parlor. Tbh, I like eateries better than vans. 

Shopping district I almost all the choice, I think maybe the post office could be switch out with something else, maybe a flower or clothing shop to fit more with the name.

I figured it would go better under this brcsuse it wouldn't likely do well as a standalone. 

Just now, Brandon Pea said:

Isn't that why the designers at City have pretty much sworn their allegiance to the police? Because they DO sell. Unless sales is just a scapegoat for a much deeper message that City is trying to tell us. I love to overthink so I believe is something deeper. 

You say it like a police people pack wouldn't be the first police set to sell bad (than again, that can be flip against me and it actually sold well). While Police sell well, there gonna be a point in time, maybe the next police wave, or maybe the next decade, it'll have an extremely poor sell.

7 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I can't really show you exactly what I have in mind. But....think of it as something similar to the outline of the tuning workshop. 

You could try making a fan concept of it, I made some of my idea into models like Studio and School.

10 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

Like this. 

d4e4o5g414m4r5g5m444a4f446o2o4c4z5o4p594

Look like the pic doesn't want to load, at least for me it isn't.

13 minutes ago, Brandon Pea said:

I figured it would go better under this brcsuse it wouldn't likely do well as a standalone. 

Agree, maybe it be better to change to name to something else. Cause when I hear 'shopping' the post office is the last thing that comes to mind.

11 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

While Police sell well, there gonna be a point in time, maybe the next police wave, or maybe the next decade, it'll have an extremely poor sell.

I'm assuming that last year's police wave (Sky Police) was that one police wave. Thus why we have lesser police sets than usual for this wave. 

11 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

Look like the pic doesn't want to load, at least for me it isn't.

Well I'll just tell you. It was a picture of 6369 Repair Shop. The old one from Classic Town. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

Winter 2021 Ideas 

Farm

• 60280 Tractor Race 
  • 60281 Green Harvester 
  • 60282 Farm 
  • 60283 Horse Transport

Construction 

• 60284 Front Loader and Dump Truck
  • 60285 Tower Crane
  • 60286 Mobile Crane 
  • 60287 Demolition Sequence 
  • 60288 Steam Roller Transport

Great Vehicles 

• 60289 School Bus
  • 60290 Limo 
  • 60291 Plummers Van 
  • 60292 Camper
  • 60293 News Chopper 
  • 60294 Beverage Van 
Edited by Brandon Pea

I wish LEGO would bring back the "starter sets". Those were great ways to bulk up the minifig collection (e.g. some of the new torso and etc from whatever line of sets the "starter set" went with) on the cheap.

Or maybe LEGO has evidence that "kids dont like those sets anymore"...

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I wish LEGO would bring back the "starter sets". Those were great ways to bulk up the minifig collection (e.g. some of the new torso and etc from whatever line of sets the "starter set" went with) on the cheap.

Or maybe LEGO has evidence that "kids dont like those sets anymore"..

You should've read what I said on the topic "When should City be discontinued?". I said that City should do what Creator does. That way, they'll have more options.

• City 4+ - Though they basically already have that one out and I guess its already been made official. 
  • City Jr. - This is the current City we have now. I mean, I see a lot of similarities to Town Jr sets in the current City sets. 
  • City: Build & Protect - Based off of the internet game that you can find on the Nickelodeon website. This however, is more focused on town planning than action and its mostly geared towards Lego town planners who want simple, but detailed buildings. 
Edited by Brandon Pea

12 hours ago, Roebuck said:

It is a excellent set, but I hope the creator make a update with even more animals included like goats, cows and pigs, should be room for some in that barn :classic:

Agreed, more farm sets/animals would be nice.

I picked up 40261: Thanksgiving Harvest (2017) a few months ago when it re-appeared on Lego.com , and even with the brick-built animals, it still makes me miss those €10 seasonal minifig sets.

40261-1.jpg?201709260948

Brickheadz just aren't the same.

Edit :  https://brickset.com/sets/853990-1/Easter-Bunny-House won't be a GWP but a directly purchaseable set ! :thumbup: (€7.99 in NL)

Fingers crossed for future seasonal minifig sets again.

Edited by TeriXeri

10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Maybe city will not give as a new farm set, but ideas might :wink:

We better not underestimate City. I remember saying the same thing about another automotive subtheme and look at what City has now. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:10 AM, Brandon Pea said:

You should've read what I said on the topic "When should City be discontinued?". I said that City should do what Creator does. That way, they'll have more options.

• City 4+ - Though they basically already have that one out and I guess its already been made official. 
  • City Jr. - This is the current City we have now. I mean, I see a lot of similarities to Town Jr sets in the current City sets. 
  • City: Build & Protect - Based off of the internet game that you can find on the Nickelodeon website. This however, is more focused on town planning than action and its mostly geared towards Lego town planners who want simple, but detailed buildings. 

Why do you think current City is like Town Jr?

1 hour ago, Bornin1980something said:

Why do you think current City is like Town Jr?

For some reason, the current police station sorta reminds me of the one from 2000. 

6636-1.png

Then the monster truck heist kinda gives me vibes to this set. 

6566-1.png

Tuning shop? 

6561_brickset.jpg

Service Station? 

6548-1.png

Race Cars? Though this one wasn't Town Jr. Just a promotional set for Shell. 

2554-1.jpg

I'm not complaining. I'm just making observations. Tbh, these sets actually give me nostalgia. 

While I agree the "simplicity" of some buildings been there for a long time (not just City), vehicles were the weakest part of that town.jr era imo, and 4+ sets come closest to that.

Right now ,I just don't like those 1-brick thick chassis parts and the way they do printed headlights (I don't like headlight stickers on Speed Champions either)

Just from personal experience: I had this Fire set in 2000 (still have it built with my old LEGO), one of my last sets before my 16 year no-new-lego period from 2001-2016

20 years later I see this as a 4+ style set that I wouldn't buy now. But I did get the 2019 Downtown Fire as an AFOL.

6477-1.jpg?201807200835

Example for 2020, I still really do prefer the polybag car over the 4+ one.

30366-1.jpg?201912301007 vs 60241-1.jpg?201912050921

Edited by TeriXeri