2021 Subtheme Idea: Suburban Police 

• 60300 Suburban Police Grocery Store Heist
  • 60301 Suburban Police School Bus Chase 
  • 60302 Suburban Police Woods Pursuit
  • 60303 Suburban Police Home Invasion
  • 60304 Suburban Police Mobile Command Center
Edited by pooda

Summer 2020/Winter 2021 Subtheme Idea: Metro Transit 

• 60275 Shuttle Service (includes shuttle bus, elderly woman in wheelchair and driver) 
  • 60276 Bendy Bus (includes articulated bus, bus stop, driver and four civilians)
  • 60277 Transit Center (includes terminal building with ticket booth and waiting area, regular sized bus, two civilans, terminal manager and a driver) 
  • 60278 Driver Training (includes minibus, cones, trainer and rookie driver) 
Edited by pooda

You know, maybe the City theme oughta make the next "People Pack" a Fun at the Skate Park set, as the Hidden Side theme has already introduced quite a few new headgear/hairpiece molds they could aptly recolor for such... :shrug_oh_well:

70428-1.jpg?201911141042

hs019.pnghs009.png

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

You know, maybe the City theme oughta make the next "People Pack" a Fun at the Skate Park set, as the Hidden Side theme has already introduced quite a few new headgear/hairpiece molds they could aptly recolor for such... :shrug_oh_well:

I certainly would love to see more of those hat/hair parts show up in City people packs or Creator 3-in-1 sets.

Or even that Octan tile again in another set, it's rounded so even could act as a printed barrel top/lid. (2019 had octan barrels in 2 Fire sets, 1 magazine and the other being Dock Side Fire)

CITY951902-1.jpg?201903030841

I just see it being useful as it's an existing printed part in 2 sets now (Modular Garage and now the Hidden Side 2020 set)

Octan Barrels been with LEGO for a long time, so using that rounded tile instead of a side sticker could work (even if the font is different, still better then a barrel with no text imo)

4537-1.jpg

Edited by TeriXeri

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

OMG! I always wanted to see a skate park people pack. Maybe they can even add a modern day version of Pepper from the Lego Island series in there. 

6 minutes ago, pooda said:

OMG! I always wanted to see a skate park people pack. Maybe they can even add a modern day version of Pepper from the Lego Island series in there. 

Indeed it would be nice to see.

Even when recently LEGO put their "halfpipe" type builds in larger City sets (Capital City and Ski Resort) , getting a halfpipe or quarter pipe in a people pack could still work as the main build.

Skateboarding is also an official new sport at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skateboarding_at_the_2020_Summer_Olympics

Edited by TeriXeri

38 minutes ago, pooda said:

OMG! I always wanted to see a skate park people pack.

Kids would no doubt love such a set. :classic:

39 minutes ago, pooda said:

Maybe they can even add a modern day version of Pepper from the Lego Island series in there.

Hidden Side's 70422 Shrimp Shack Attack does include a character who's outfit is a homage to such you know... :wink:

hs028.png

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Hidden Side's 70422 Shrimp Shack Attack does include a character who's outfit is a homage to such you know... :wink:

hs028.png

I totally forgot about that guy. That's it! I'm calling it for what it is. Lego City is definately Lego Island in the present day. This guy resembles modern day Pepper in every way possible except for the pants. 

71hlf8ZtGLL._SX425_.jpg

Edited by pooda

The perfect wave for 2021. 

Farm 

• 60275 Tractor Race
  • 60276 Green Harvester
  • 60277 Farm
  • 60278 Lawn Mower Transport 
  • 60279 Race Horse Transport

Construction 

• 60280 Front Loader & Dump Truck
  • 60281 Tower Crane
  • 60282 Mobile Crane
  • 60283 Wrecking Ball
  • 60284 Foreman's Car
  • 60285 Steam Roller Transport

Metro Transit 

• 60286 Shuttle Service
  • 60287 Driver Training
  • 60288 Bus Terminal
  • 60289 Articulated Bus

Emergency 

• 60290 Aerial Medical Transport
  • 60291 Medicine Transport Plane
  • 60292 Injured Biker Rescue
  • 60293 Hospital

Seaside 

• 60294 Dolphin Rescue
  • 60295 Marina
  • 60296 Coast Guard Headquarters
  • 60297 Jet Ski Race
  • 60298 Harbor
  • 60299 Ferry

Of course you'll need the great vehicles and your yearly mega set. 

Edited by pooda

7 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

@pooda I read "Lawnmower Transport" as 'Lawnmower Racing' and was disappointed when I realized lawnmowers wouldn't be racing.

Yeah! Lawnmower Racing sounded too outlandish. So I decided to do a hauler instead. 

Just now, Modeltrainman said:

@pooda Not really. Home Improvement did it.

Oh yeah. What episode was that again? 

....and what do you think of my other ideas? Do you think it's a great wave?

https://binged.it/2Qtyq06

I think your list sounds OK, except for the lack of trains. I would love to see a turntable, snowplow, passenger car pack... If we were to get a harbor, well, we need a freight depot, roundhouse...

Edited by Modeltrainman

11 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

https://binged.it/2Qtyq06

I think your list sounds OK, except for the lack of trains. I would love to see a turntable, snowplow, passenger car pack... If we were to get a harbor, well, we need a freight depot, roundhouse...

I don't think it would be time for trains to come out again until 2022. 

But I would like to see a freight depot though and some loose train cars. 

While they're not really my sort of thing, I find it rather surprising that City hasn't had a Sports subtheme of any kind yet. I mean, we've seen many different exploration themes that have otherwise been reserved for Action/Adventure themes come into City's fold as of recent, yet nothing Sports-related? :def_shrug:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

While they're not really my sort of thing, I find it rather surprising that City hasn't had a Sports subtheme of any kind yet. I mean, we've seen many different exploration themes that have otherwise been reserved for Action/Adventure themes come into City's fold as of recent, yet nothing Sports-related? :def_shrug:

Yeah! It's not like little boys don't love sports. That's across the globe. Not just in the US. 

I hear Lego is releasing some new soccer sets. They should release them under City so they'll sell better. 

10 hours ago, pooda said:

@Digger of Bricks So were the space sets. Don't forget, NASA basically partnered with City to bring those into existence. 

Huh, OK, put into that context I guess I can see it working out that way. :shrug_oh_well:

10 hours ago, pooda said:

@Digger of Bricks So were the space sets. Don't forget, NASA basically partnered with City to bring those into existence. 

For the City sets, I thought they gave advice but have not actually partnered with them, in that the NASA logo is not on the City sets. Whereas the Creator sets are more genuine product partnerships, where they are NASA designs done in LEGO form.

I expect the latter to be the case for the Man Utd deal - that they will want LEGO products with Man Utd branding on, to sell to Man Utd fans especially in the expanding Asian market (Man Utd's poor form over the past few years has lost the loads of floating fans in the UK). I would also prefer to see City stay as brand free as possible, outside of made up brands like Octan.

I don't think LEGO need advice on how to make sports sets for City, after all they have done a lot of sports sets across various sizes from polybags to larger sets in a City style recently, just in the Friends range. With a change of colours and using minfiigures instead of minidolls, these could all make decent City sets (and this is ignoring the pool and horse riding ones). I don't think it is the knowledge that is lacking here, I think it is the (lack of) desire to make City sports themed sets that stops them.

41330-1.png41372-1.png41338-1.png41312-1.png30405-1.png30400-1.png30402-1.png30399-1.png41099-1.png

50 minutes ago, MAB said:

I don't think it is the knowledge that is lacking here, I think it is the (lack of) desire to make City sports themed sets that stops them.

Lack of desire? You mean they don't ask the consumer what they want? They don't even ask children what they want? They just put what they see fit to put out there?

No wonder people often criticize them! 

51 minutes ago, MAB said:

I don't think LEGO need advice on how to make sports sets for City, after all they have done a lot of sports sets across various sizes from polybags to larger sets in a City style recently, just in the Friends range. With a change of colours and using minfiigures instead of minidolls, these could all make decent City sets (and this is ignoring the pool and horse riding ones).

Well everyone needs a little advice sometimes and Lego doesn't always know what they're doing. If all they need to do is change colors, I wonder why they just don't do that. Not really the same if it isn't City. 

Edited by pooda

20 minutes ago, pooda said:

Well everyone needs a little advice sometimes and Lego doesn't always know what they're doing. If all they need to do is change colors, I wonder why they just don't do that. Not really the same if it isn't City. 

City/Creator does have some representation of sports in it's sets, it's just not as directly focused as they do with Friends, which have actual sports location sets like gyms and competitions (as MAB posted above pictures)

City seems to mainly have focused on winter sports recently with sets like 2018 Ambulance Helicopter, 2019 Snow Groomer and Ski Resort , and advent calendars have some  snow/ice sport usually.

Beside People Packs (Park/Beach/Outdoor) and the occasional sailing/surfing/diving set, there's not many other sports represented regularly.

Creator has had skiing/snowboarding in 1 recent set, a basketball ring on 2 houses, and skateboards/surfboards in various sets but also no major "Sports" locations unlike friends.

I also would love to see more minifig horses again, it's been a long time since there's been any regular minifig horses in a non-licensed set. (unlike the Friends-style horses).

I think LEGO can easily put things like houses, shops, sports into City if they wanted to, but ever since Friends appeared, some types of sets stopped appearing very little to none at all in City.

3-in-1 could be seen as an extension to City in some ways as it has had actual minifig houses and shops in recent times, but Friends is where the majority of such subjects seem to go (Sports/Activities/Houses/Furniture/Cooking/Jobs/Talent related sets)

Edited by TeriXeri