Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

Bright orange for arctic/snow type vehicles is absolutely realistic IMO (lots of arctic vehicles exist in bright colors, mostly to make them stand out really well against the white snow and be more easily seen if there is low visibility). Even tents and structures can be in bright colors for the same reasons.

I do agree that the color used for the jungle and volcano vehicles isn't all that realistic but at the same time, would the Jungle Explorer sets have been as popular with kids if they had been in earth green or sand yellow or dark bluish grey?

Here are a few ideas I had floating around in my head this morning for further People Packs, with the first three being in the same vein as my Cruise Night idea based off of local community-organized events I'm familiar with:

• Fun at the Flea Market
  • Fun at the Craft Fair
  • Fun at the Farmers' Market
  • Fun at the Bazaar
  • Fun at the Comic Con

4 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few ideas I had floating around in my head this morning for further People Packs, with the first three being in the same vein as my Cruise Night idea based off of local community-organized events I'm familiar with:

• Fun at the Flea Market
  • Fun at the Craft Fair
  • Fun at the Farmers' Market
  • Fun at the Bazaar
  • Fun at the Comic Con

Those seem like people packs that are actually possible. 

Just now, pooda said:

Those seem like people packs that are actually possible. 

The Flea Market idea is the one that'd be the most personal for me, as those are the kinda places through which I've accumulated by own Lego collection (not to mention garage sales, estate sales, local Goodwills, and the such). :blush:

What I also want to see soon is a proper looking garbage truck - like 60118 was. I mean, 60220 looks more like a dump truck than a garbage truck. 

I would like to see a racing sailboat/yacht in the Great Vehicles line, the sort of thing you see in the Olympics or the Americas Cup or other similar races.

We had a sailboat in the 2017 Coast Guard line but that doesn't look all that much like a racing sailboat (the Technic one they did a while back is good but a City one would be nice)

On 9/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, pooda said:

What I also want to see soon is a proper looking garbage truck - like 60118 was. I mean, 60220 looks more like a dump truck than a garbage truck. 

The best garbage truck and the most realistic IMO (I don’t know if they look different outside the UK) is actually 4432, released in 2012.

On 9/10/2019 at 4:24 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

The best garbage truck and the most realistic IMO (I don’t know if they look different outside the UK) is actually 4432, released in 2012.

Each to their own. Ironically, that's the only garbage truck I don't care for because of it being too low. 7991 from 2007 and 60118 from 2016 has more ground clearance. 

Edited by pooda

My Lego City wish-list could go on forever so I'll only mention a couple of them...

81025: Park Playground       This awesome set features something very rare in Lego City so far, a playground! It comes with right about 400 pieces and includes 5 minifigures (two adults and three children). This set is also expandable if you choose to buy more than one and includes instructions on how to expand your playground! This would be a great set to add to your city!

81019: City Zoo

60253: Ice Cream Truck Coming in 2020!!!

81067: Post Office

I'll post product descriptions for each of them later.

Edited by JJBricker

2 minutes ago, JJBricker said:

83049: Ice Cream Truck

Well......I think you'll be happy to know that we're getting an 60253 Ice Cream Truck in 2020 for City. I hope they make a series of food trucks. 

Edited by pooda

12 minutes ago, pooda said:

Well......I think you'll be happy to know that we're getting an 60253 Ice Cream Truck in 2020 for City. I hope they make a series of food trucks. 

Thanks for letting me know! I I'm hoping for a food truck series as well.:thumbup:

25 minutes ago, JJBricker said:

Thanks for letting me know! I I'm hoping for a food truck series as well.:thumbup:

I'm also wondering how the other sets would look. 

Subtheme Idea: Power 

• 60290 Telephone Repair
  • 60291 Barbed Wire Transport 
  • 60292 Generator Replacement 
  • 60293 Satellite Repair Truck
  • 60294 Power Plant 
Edited by pooda

4 minutes ago, Collector245 said:

@pooda Good ideas but I don't know if ones like barbed wire transport or satellite repair truck will appeal to kids. They all sound great though!

Yeah true. Though it wouldn't stop Lego from trying. 

@pooda

Telephone repair could be a nice set.

Set 6422 from 1998 wasn't too bad, despite the vehicle being junior, the rest of the content of the set was great.

6422-1.jpg

So an upgrade to this could be a good set imo after more then 20 years, basicly a Van with tools, and some type of Phone Booth or Electric Device to repair.

24 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

@pooda

Telephone repair could be a nice set.

Set 6422 from 1998 wasn't too bad, despite the vehicle being junior, the rest of the content of the set was great.

6422-1.jpg

So an upgrade to this could be a good set imo after more then 20 years, basicly a Van with tools, and some type of Phone Booth or Electric Device to repair.

You read my mind. That's exactly what I had in mind. I actually owned that set when I was 9. 

Oh what a shame children don't know about jobs like this. The only jobs children want are jobs where they can either save the day or make great discoveries. Why do you think Lego uses the system they use for City? 

I'm on this social media platform called MeWe. On the Lego Community group, I have all the subthemes I wish to see in the near future. 

Edited by pooda

So far, here are some subthemes I'd like to see. 

• Bus - This subtheme would establish the bus system in LEGO City. I would add subways and other modes of public transport and call it the transit subtheme, but buses seem to be easier to market to little children. For the past years, it seems like buses often lived in the shadows in regards to CITY vehicles - with only two sets being solely dedicated to the public transport system such as the 8404 Public Transport and the 60154 Bus Station, the latter being just a bricking bus with a stop and newspaper stand. With a bus subtheme, this would really bring buses out into the spotlight. Btw, Lego. Can you make the buses blue? 
  • Pizza - The pizza industry seems to also be very huge on the generic side of the Lego universe. I'm kinda having mixed feelings about this one. Children love pizza and the idea of pizza being delivered to them - but who are those people who make it and have it delivered to them? Now this probably wouldn't sell unless City did something extra special to advertise it such as a pizza party at a police station or fire station for the TVC and mini movies as its primary story line with Lego's legendary pizza delivery dude, Pepper Roni as the main character of this subtheme.
  • News - Ok! By looking at the sets, mini movies, television commercials (TVCs for short) and the new LEGO City Adventures series....you can clearly see that everyday in LEGO City is anything but uneventful. I doubt all that happens without people reporting it. Now this is that subtheme that pretty much ties into the other subthemes under City as these guys basically report the many accidents that happen. So I don't think any big advertisement is needed for this as its pretty much a background subtheme.
  • Mail - Postal work isn't very popular, but I believe its marketable enough for at least one wave. Advertising this one would be an easy one to do too. But the question is....will it appeal to children enough? If not, I'm sure TLG can make this subtheme a one year special. 
  • Paramedics - Ambulances sell just as well as police cars and fire trucks. TLG obviously doesn't want to use blood and gore for their generic themes so the civilians in these could just have minor injuries like on the head or arms. Little boys love to save lives, right? Paramedics do just that. 
  • Outback Enthusiasts - A direct revival of the Outback theme from 1997. For those of you who aren't early 90s babies or older like me, the Outback theme was basically about the desert land based in the country of Australia. 
Edited by pooda

@pooda Ok. I would just like to say that I think all those ideas sound amazing. I would also really like to see a set involving mail, I have been thinking about that for a while.

2 hours ago, Collector245 said:

@pooda Ok. I would just like to say that I think all those ideas sound amazing. I would also really like to see a set involving mail, I have been thinking about that for a while.

If not entire subthemes for those ideas, at least do a proper bus terminal, pizzeria, news station and a post office. The 60204 Hospital is still on the shelves and there is a huge possibility that TLG could revive the Outback theme given that the explorers fanbase is huge. 

Edited by pooda