Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

11 hours ago, pooda said:

@TeriXeri A news subtheme not happening is NOT realistic because it could happen. You never know. 

I never used the words "subtheme not happening", I just said there likely won't be any News Van set (in 2020) when they just released one.

I also said there could still be news sets like helicopter/drone/building etc.

Probably a misunderstanding here.

Edited by TeriXeri

Never heard of a news boat before, I dont think they exist. Helicopters and vans and cars (even off-road things) yes, boats no.

@jonwil Then that would be something new and unheard of. I have heard of reporters going out to report things happening in the water. But I think they have helicopters for that. 

6 hours ago, pooda said:

@jonwil Then that would be something new and unheard of. I have heard of reporters going out to report things happening in the water. But I think they have helicopters for that. 

I'd love a set representing like a big Sailing Race event (like the Volvo Ocean Race, or Americas Cup), while they got camera helicopters for that as well, there tend to be smaller motorboats with camera crew following that as well.

Getting a large Race Sailing Yacht would be awesome as set imo.

LEGO had a Technic Sailing Yacht set in 2018, but it'd be interesting to see one in brick-built form as well.

I think with the current parts available, a brick built yacht could look great as well, a bit larger and better proportions compared to the 2017 Coast Guard Sailboat Rescue set 60168

42074-1: Racing Yacht

42074-1.jpg?201710270718tn_42074_alt4_jpg.jpg

60168-1: Sailboat Rescue

60168-

60168-1.jpg?201705101006

Edited by TeriXeri

This is a highly wistful request I'm making of the LEGO City theme as we know it nowadays, but I'd dearly love to see People Packs that could supply us with urban denizens from more specific cultures/countries and recent decades of the past few centuries, just made-up of minifigures of everyday people not specifically defined by an archetypical occupation and not limited to the modern-day context of the LEGO City theme. You see, while you'd think the Collectable Minifigure theme is the best place for those kinda figures, that line's offerings are pretty much limited to what kinda occupation that archetype is built around, so the likelihood of seeing CMFs based upon a Victorian-Era Londoner, a 1950's suburban housewife, a 1930's factory worker, or someone in traditional Indian, Dutch, or Mexican attire might not be as possible under that theme since their occupations are either too vague or just not as definingly relevant.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This is a highly wistful request I'm making of the LEGO City theme as we know it nowadays, but I'd dearly love to see People Packs that could supply us with urban denizens from more specific cultures/countries and recent decades of the past few centuries, just made-up of minifigures of everyday people not specifically defined by an archetypical occupation and not limited to the modern-day context of the LEGO City theme. You see, while you'd think the Collectable Minifigure theme is the best place for those kinda figures, that line's offerings are pretty much limited to what kinda occupation that archetype is built around, so the likelihood of seeing CMFs based upon a Victorian-Era Londoner, a 1950's suburban housewife, a 1930's factory worker, or someone in traditional Indian, Dutch, or Mexican attire might not be as possible under that theme since their occupations are either too vague or just not as definingly relevant.

Oooooo! I LOVE that idea! I could totally see an American Indian people pack with lots of indians, deer, bows/arrows, tents...LOVE IT!

And a Victorian-type people pack with a Governor, Queen, King, Prince, Street Sweeper, Carolers (think Robert8's cool ones from his custom series!), street urchins, cabman...I am totally gonna make an IDEAS project of that! 

And we could even have an Oriental type people pack with awesome Eastern folks (emperor, prime minister, laborers - kind of like what we had in the LEGO Ninjago Movie sets, only more historically accurate). 

I would especially like to see a "Famous People" battle pack or something like that - we could see Benjamin Franklin, Queen Elizabeth II, Mohatmas Ghandi, Thomas Edison, and lots more! (Suggestions, please?)

Man! I just got my head in a whirl with superb possibilities! I wanna to write to Kjeld Kirk Christansen himself and tell him to make these! ("Dude, you should totally look up this obscure post on this website most people haven't heard of and make the sets that these two random LEGO enthusiast folks are tentatively suggesting!" lol. Yeah, I can see why they just might not make them...:tongue: )

But realities aside, they could call the theme Historica, or something similar. (Any ideas, guys?)

5 hours ago, pooda said:

@Digger of Bricks Yeah....that is a big thing to ask for from the City theme. 

Yep, hence why I denoted it as being "highly wistful"... :wink:

Seriously though, I was more intending to illustrate something I'd recently come to realize about the non-licensed Collectable Minifigure theme, and that is that its CMFs typically need to be defined by their occupation to justify their place in a CMS rather than just merely their place in space and time. Point being, it'd be nice if Lego could find some place to give us figures of everyday folk outside of the modern, homogenized context.

1 hour ago, CMFanatic said:

Man! I just got my head in a whirl with superb possibilities! I wanna to write to Kjeld Kirk Christansen himself and tell him to make these! ("Dude, you should totally look up this obscure post on this website most people haven't heard of and make the sets that these two random LEGO enthusiast folks are tentatively suggesting!" lol. Yeah, I can see why they just might not make them...:tongue: )

Hmmm, I'd be most rest assuring to know that TLG is still proactively keeping an eye on this forum, because sometimes their presence feels absent here. :sad:

2 hours ago, CMFanatic said:

But realities aside, they could call the theme Historica, or something similar. (Any ideas, guys?)

You just know such a line has most likely been the dream theme for so many AFOLs; but the way TLG is nowadays, they'd likely want to test the waters for such unexplored concepts within a preexisting playtheme beforehand.

@Digger of Bricks Though I do have to say that American Indians is a bit of a stretch. City is a generic theme and generic themes are now yellow people. If they do Indians, they'll have to color their faces another color and that would NEVER do. 

11 hours ago, pooda said:

@Digger of Bricks Though I do have to say that American Indians is a bit of a stretch. City is a generic theme and generic themes are now yellow people. If they do Indians, they'll have to color their faces another color and that would NEVER do. 

Well, by Indians, I was referring to people from India in Southeast Asia rather than Native Americans. 

Back to ideas about City sets. Here are my ideas for a paramedic theme. 

60300 Ambulance Helicopter - includes chopper, two paramedics and injured skier. 

60301 Medicine Transport - Includes prop plane and two medics. 

60302 Hospital - Includes hospital building w/garage, ambulance, three doctors, one medic and a civilian. 

60303 Injured Motorists Rescue - includes two mini ambulances, two cars, two civilians and two medics. 

60304 Injured Biker Rescue (4+) - includes 4+ style ambulance, biker, bike and paramedic. 

Edited by pooda

4 hours ago, pooda said:

Back to ideas about City sets. Here are my ideas for a paramedic theme. 

60300 Ambulance Helicopter - includes chopper, two paramedics and injured skier. 

60301 Medicine Transport - Includes prop plane and two medics. 

60302 Paramedic Command Center - includes building with two garages and treatment area, ambulance, four workers, injured children and parent. 

60303 Injured Motorists Rescue - includes two mini ambulances, two cars, two civilians and two medics. 

60304 Injured Biker Rescue (4+) - includes 4+ style ambulance, biker, bike and paramedic. 

They did make that Ambulance Helicopter already: image.jpeg.0584e8426a4d27b09c413f53f30d37d4.jpeg:

I would personally want a cargo hub that can fit on a baseplate and is compatible with Cargo Train 60198. 

It would have train tracks, a crane, and a warehouse with vehicles.

City caters to all ages! They need to meet the needs of older fans more. City has too much police. It seems like every year, the only sets I see are police, explorers and great vehicles. 

31 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

I just want a zoo sub theme :(

Fabuland 2: Electric Boogaloo

It would probably make a lot of smaller sets but no larger ones, and also no vehicles.

8 hours ago, pooda said:

@CMFanatic I have asked other people not to do that and now I'm asking you. Please do not point out what has already been released. That really annoys me. 

Ooooooops...sorry. I'm still new here and all. I won't do to you again. Pinkie promise.

I think that an emergency subtheme would be cool! But it's not likely that LEGO would make it - most kids don't have EMS folks visit their schools, only firemen and police officers. LEGO probably knows that, thus we haven't seen more than that ol' hospital set and that ambulance helicopter. A-class bummer!

@CMFanatic Which is a disgrace. They are just as heroic and valorous as police and firefighters. 

People on this forum can make all the excuses they want to. There is no legit excuse of why paramedics can't get a subtheme to themselves. 

Edited by pooda

Just now, pooda said:

@CMFanatic Which is a disgrace. They are just as heroic and valorous as police and firefighters. 

People on this forum can make all the excuses they want to. There is no legit excuse of why paramedics want get a subtheme to themselves. 

So true! Personally, I'll root for you all the way to 10,000 votes on LEGO IDEAS! 

Oh, and beyond. I'll buy several of them if it gets made! No kidding - i need to expand my currently bland CITY collection of 9 vehicles and not a single damn building or paramedic station!

Edited by CMFanatic
Didn't give pooda enough praise, duh!

6 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I just want a zoo sub theme 

I think that would be something new. It sounds like something that would start an annual "park" subtheme trend. 

5 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I just want a zoo sub theme :(

Oooh! Totally with lots of re-releases of animals! I would personally like to see an elephant remake to replace the old, expensive one from Adventurers. And perhaps a lion, not just these panther-style big cats they have? Even lion cubs! Awesome!

On 8/23/2019 at 2:07 AM, CMFanatic said:

Oooh! Totally with lots of re-releases of animals! I would personally like to see an elephant remake to replace the old, expensive one from Adventurers. And perhaps a lion, not just these panther-style big cats they have? Even lion cubs! Awesome!

Yes - young animals to accompany the older ones like they have in Playmobil would be great. I am really looking forward to getting some of the new CMF flamingo. Would be good if they re-released the Prince of Persia ostrich and camel too, plus some new bigger animals like a hippo, rhino or a giraffe (strange we have somebody dressed as one but not an actual one). I would imagine smaller animals will become available in future CMFs although with only one regular series these days, these are too few and far between for my liking!. 

Subtheme Idea: Mail

60272 Scooter Delivery 4+ - includes scooter, 1 postal worker minifig, mail box and civilian. 

60273 Air Mail - includes mail plane, control tower and 2 minifigs. 

60274 Mail Train - includes two car mail train, oval track layout, forklift and three minifigs. 

60275 Post Office - includes post office building, two postal workers, one civilian and mail van. 

60276 Post By Sea - includes large ship with three minifigs 

Edited by pooda