Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

@CMFanatic I was also thinking of a TV 6+ News Chopper set where its reporting either a police chase or car accident.

Then I also thought of a TV 6+ mobile radar station similar to the mobile police units. So here is my idea for set listing. 

60291 TV 6+ News Center - estimate of $69.99 

60292 TV 6+ Aerial Traffic Report Unit - estimate of $39.99

60393 TV 6+ Mobile Weather Command Center - estimate of $49.99

Edited by pooda

22 hours ago, pooda said:

@TeriXeri I think mega sets should be every year. This year was the Doughnut Shop Opening. 2018 was the capital. 2020 should be a Shopping Center like place with a grocery store, clothing store and post office. Make them colorful too like the last two mega sets were. 

I think they should be split up better,  those mega sets is the focus on so many vehicles, and that's why I often still prefer the way they handle Creator 3-in-1 styled buildings.

Purely for buildings/toy shop this is better value in my opinion40305-1: LEGO Brand Store €26,99 (362 pieces) (sold at LEGO stores & Shop@Home)

40305-1.jpg?201806020247

Doughnut Shop Opening set is still on my list, just not on top. (just got the 2018 Hospital and 2019 3-in-1 Pet/Cafe/Townhouse sets)

Then this year still has another "mega-set" with the upcoming ski resort as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeriOh man! I forgot about the ski resort. That looks like its gonna be good. 

But yeah, mega sets do focus too much on vehicles. They need to focus more on the buildings. Another mega set idea is a Neighborhood mega set. That'll put to rest City Beautiful's scary YouTube theory about there being nowhere to live in Lego City. 

@TeriXeriOh man! I forgot about the ski resort. That looks like its gonna be good. 

But yeah, mega sets do focus too much on vehicles. They need to focus more on the buildings. Another mega set idea is a Neighborhood mega set. That'll put to rest City Beautiful's scary YouTube theory about there being nowhere to live in Lego City. 

I have two ideas for 2020 polybags: one is a horse cop. But based on what we see today, I would also like to see a segway cop. You know. Like the ones we see in malls or at subway stations. 

Edited by pooda

On 8/13/2019 at 12:52 PM, CMFanatic said:

But they did that with the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 IDEAS set....had the same torso with different initials. That was really the only different thing about the minifigs. (Besides the heads.)

Yes but that 4 minifigure, we're talking about 6 in a minifigure pack that come with smaller things on the side, not a vehicle or some large build with them.

I would really like a TV studio line, with each set of the line presenting a different style of TV show being filmed (similar to the Studios line but with TV shows instead of movies)

-Soap Opera

-Teenage vampire drama

-Kids morning show (something like Teletubbies or Barney)

-Reality Show

-Fantasy show

-Game show

@CMFanatic I think I have an idea for the now renamed 'Scary Campfire Story' of it having 5 minifigure (3 camper, 1 counselor, 1 monster custom), however when I start working on these fan concept sets, I may need to find some help with this set for the design of the tent and the monster. With the design of the monster, I thinking the new tentacles from the HS would be a good choice with either Ursula or Hades legs and using the angler headwear would be a good choice for the counselor to tell a scary story about the swamp monster to jump behind the campers. The color scheme could be a mix of dark green and (sand or dark) blue.

@pooda With your news subtheme idea, despite the small size, what do you think about the idea of using the Ninjago tornado piece for some of the weather related sets?

On 8/14/2019 at 6:36 AM, TeriXeri said:

I know the magazines aren't sold in US for example, but are in UK, NL, Germany, Poland (maybe more?)

They actually do in fact, not everywhere but they are in the US, I gotten a Ninjago magazine last year at Lowe's.

On 8/14/2019 at 6:36 AM, TeriXeri said:

- Park set with actual decent area sized plates, and not just loose elements, brick-built trees, maybe 1-2 vendor stalls, entrance gate, pond with ducks (new duckling mould possibly painted in Mallard duck colors?).

What about having that as part of a park playground set? Half the set is a park and the other half is a playground system thing.

4 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

What about having that as part of a park playground set? Half the set is a park and the other half is a playground system thing.

Some swing with chains could be nice, the only downside is that it'd might look a bit weird since short legs can't sit down, and medium legs aren't put in City sets right now.

A slide and sandbox would work as well, and even more playthings like bouncy horse, seesaw, climbing net/rack, could easily be it's own set at this point.

Edited by TeriXeri

11 hours ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

@CMFanatic I think I have an idea for the now renamed 'Scary Campfire Story' of it having 5 minifigure (3 camper, 1 counselor, 1 monster custom), however when I start working on these fan concept sets, I may need to find some help with this set for the design of the tent and the monster. With the design of the monster, I thinking the new tentacles from the HS would be a good choice with either Ursula or Hades legs and using the angler headwear would be a good choice for the counselor to tell a scary story about the swamp monster to jump behind the campers. The color scheme could be a mix of dark green and (sand or dark) blue.

Sand green, dark tan and light grey colors would be best, I think. If I was making it, I would make something like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Also, one of the camper kids should be a girl. All of them would have similar torsos (but not necessarily the exact same). Maybe arm the counselor, like, with a crossbow or something, for dramatic effect? That would be funny! 

And perhaps there should be a tree nearby, with bats in it.

@CMFanatic That what I was thinking of doing (besides the bat part) with having the tent, fire place and a tree or two. (also the marshmallow would be baby heads). I think targeting it as around $15 would be best as I think 5 minifig would be fitting (3 campers, counselor and monster costume), I also have an idea of currently used faces the campers could have --1--2--3--  and I could easy see Hidden Side Mr. Branson face working perfectly for the counselor, having that look of hear than getting a chuckle after seeing the scared looks on the campers faces.

Also as I brought up that I was thinking of having a boy vs. girl of two different camp but it seem best to throw that idea out and stick with a single camp. Though what should the name of the camp be? I was thinking either Shouting Bear or Swampy Brick.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Ok! Can we revert this thread back to ideas for City sets please?

You know? What people came to this thread to see. 

Edited by pooda

Than please, bring more thing up about your news idea outside of just the name of the set and what in it. There other thing to bring up from minifigure design, color scheme and what new/returning parts could come in it.

Speaking of color scheme, Do you think it would be a good idea for the news subtheme color scheme to be change to not have the white and blue that police also have, sense those 2 color are pretty much seen every year. Maybe it could be orange or coral with white or black.
As with minifigure, I think it would be good for Fred Finley printings to be reused again and place in some cheaper set rather than making something new.

@ShadowWolfHount Oh c'mon dude! I have brought up other things on this thread. 

But as for the news subtheme, I think the vehicles and the station itself should be blue, grey and white like the TV 6+ helicopter from the 60097 City Square. You'll of course have to have a news lady similar to the one from 60233 and that camera man. 

I think the reporter should be a woman. It would give women a bigger role in City sets. 

I honestly think TV 6+ could remain exclusively to those mega city sets and part of a sit build, while the news subtheme focus on a different news company, could be call something like 2x2 news, thus another thing of why I brought up the color scheme.
I didn't say that all of them have the be a male, half of it could be a male news report and the other half female. Like the female could be in the helicopter, male in the Weather Unite and both in the station.

A TV 6+ news van (with one of those dish type antennas on the roof that send signals back to base) would be great, I would buy it.

I also have my ideas for a public Transit subtheme. 

60295 Bus Terminal - estimate of $69.99  (includes terminal building with bus stop, seating area and ticket machines, two passengers including an adult and a child, and a mini city bus with a disgruntled Male driver. 

60296 Stop Requested - estimate of $49.99 (basically a re-release of set 60154) 

60297 Airport Shuttle Service - estimate of $12.99 (includes shuttle bus with a cheerful female driver and an elderly couple. The old man is in a wheelchair) 

60298 Downtown Bus Ride - estimate of $39.99 (includes articulated  bus with a long bus bay, disgruntled female bus driver and 7 passengers including a family of three, a mom with a baby stroller, a businessman in a black outfit and a random young woman with a cell phone) 

60299 Commuter Train - estimate of $89.99 (includes non-motorized three car electric multiple unit based on the Bombardier M7A, four civilians, one engineer, one station and oval track layout)

60300 Cable Car - estimate of $79.99 (includes non motorized cable car, two civilians, one driver and track) 

Edited by pooda

I would very much like to see a theme focused on journalism, both paper and television, with journalists, a diversified fleet of vehicles of all kinds, and buildings such as editorial offices and studios. I imagine as big sets of this possible theme a great event that interests the whole city, perhaps on election day, or a large buillding like for the 60204 Hospital, if not bigger, and with many functions, such as a typography.

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

A TV 6+ news van (with one of those dish type antennas on the roof that send signals back to base) would be great, I would buy it.

They actually just made a TV6+ Van with a dish on top in the 60233 Donut Shop set, so I think the chances of a seperate set seems low :(

Edited by TeriXeri

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

They actually just made a TV6+ Van with a dish on top in the 60233 Donut Shop set, so I think the chances of a seperate set seems low :(

Hey! I like to be optimistic. Lego may actually be watching as we type. I have a feeling  that they are watching us considering that we're going to see an automotive subtheme in 2020. 

Edited by pooda

19 minutes ago, pooda said:

Hey! I like to be optimistic. Lego may actually be watching as we type. I have a feeling  that they are watching us considering that we're going to see an automotive subtheme in 2020. 

I know, I'm more realistic however, City sets remain on shelves for at least 1.5 years, and 2019 just has a decent amount of news crews (also in City-Space sets), and that Van in the donut shop isn't bad at all, but I wouldn't get the set just for that.

The Camera helicopter of the upcoming Ski Resort set isn't labeled TV or anything but could easily function as such as well.

However a different design news vehicle/helicopter/building could still be included somewhere.

If they do a flying news vehicle, I hope they'll actually do a News helicopter however and not yet another drone as 2018/2019 has seen loads of across themes.

Also, if it's a 6-wide larger helicopter hopefully not using those specialized cockpits again, but brick-built.

If they do drones or remote controlled vehicles again for something, I do hope they'll eventually use the new game-controller tile for it (CMF series 19, but could be unprinted as well, still better then a 1x2 with antenna, or walky talky with 2x2)

Edited by TeriXeri

I didn't know there was a news van in the Donut Shop set, now I want that set even more...