Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

26 minutes ago, pooda said:

2. Lego has shown that they are very great at making buses. But the reason for a Transit subtheme is because 1. I kinda feel insulted that they haven't made one yet being a transit enthusiasts and a  future worker for the transit system and because 2. There was so much potential in that 60152 bus station that they could've made that a subtheme and it would've sold. 

I don't own any buses, but from the sets I remember seeing, they are fantastic at buses for some reason.

5 hours ago, KotZ said:

I don't own any buses, but from the sets I remember seeing, they are fantastic at buses for some reason.

Children also seem to love buses just as much as they do police cars and fire trucks too because children love to get people from one place to another as well as fighting crime or fires. Thus the airport and trains subthemes. 

Edited by pooda

Something that would be neat to see (and different to the usual) would be a mounted police set. Plenty of police forces have horses and its never been done in LEGO before.

Or how about a police dive unit (with a boat and some police wearing scuba gear)

For the fire lineup, how about a rescue truck (with some new rescue tool molds) or a hazmat truck.

How about more options for people to have fun (a bowling alley or video arcade would be very cool)

How about more food places or trucks (Taco Truck anyone?)

On 7/19/2019 at 12:45 AM, jonwil said:

Something that would be neat to see (and different to the usual) would be a mounted police set. Plenty of police forces have horses and its never been done in LEGO before.

Or how about a police dive unit (with a boat and some police wearing scuba gear)

For the fire lineup, how about a rescue truck (with some new rescue tool molds) or a hazmat truck.

How about more options for people to have fun (a bowling alley or video arcade would be very cool)

We have enough police and fire sets. Though a horse cop would be kinda neat. But a bowling alley, arcade and a series of food trucks are things that I have to agree with. Heck! They did pretty darn good with the pizza van from 2017 and I hear an ice cream truck is on it's way in 2020. I'm all for it. 

Edited by pooda

Ideas for new city sets

- Hospital / Clinic that comes with base plates.

- Anything with no or less stickers. Avoid stickers. Or try to use stickers only on insignificant positions.

- Restaurant, Cafe, Mini shopping mall, small shops etc.

I have an idea for a LEGO City set. 

To celebrate LEGO Media's 24th birthday next year, I think they should release a modern day CITYfied version of the Information Center from Lego Island. With an Infomaniac minifigure. 

After more than 40 sites of this topic, I want to put it in a nutshell which four completely new or brought back themes seem to be the most wanted by us:

• farm
  • harbor
  • zoo / safari
  • TV / studios

Let's hope TLG will accommmodate us!

On 7/19/2019 at 6:45 AM, jonwil said:

I really like these ideas!

We're getting so many rehashes in the Police and Fire themes. Something new is really needed, e. g. getting the fire fighters not only fighting against fire, but having them to help at car accidents, at a chemical accident, having to remove a tree from train tracks etc. like it is in real life, too!

On 7/27/2019 at 10:45 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

After more than 40 sites of this topic, I want to put it in a nutshell which e're getting so many rehashes in the Police and Fire themes. Something new is really needed, e. g. getting the fire fighters not only fighting against fire, but having them to help at car accidents, at a chemical accident, having to remove a tree from train tracks etc. like it is in real life, too!

If 2020 is the start of a new decade for City, I have some ideas on how to cater to all audiences. 

1. Instead of the extra police themes, focus on other rescue services like roadside assistance , paramedics and the coast guard. Keep the generic police that comes out every 3 years. Of course you'll sell your fire sets. 

2. Instead of the explorers themes (which I still think should be it's own theme btw; LEGO Explorers), expand the town based sets and make them buildings please. Like Friends does. 

3. Four people packs a year. I really love the people packs. They should release one every season. 

4. The base set for every subtheme should be smaller than the biggest set. Look at the fire sets for this year. The fire station is smaller this year and the biggest set is the downtown firs brigade. I want them to continue that trend of not making the base set the biggest set. 

5. Unless Creator is canon to City, we need more houses. 

Those are my thoughts. I doubt they'll happen. But hey! I can dream, can't I? 

Edited by pooda

Sense city is doing stuff outside of the city (even though that defeat the purpose of it being called 'LEGO City'), but related to forest/park, what about a wave focus on Boy/Girl Scouts, the sets could be a Boys vs. Girls of two different camps. It would bring in a lot more life to the forest section of City and better than mining that we got during the Mountain Police wave.

Just now, ShadowWolfHount said:

Sense city is doing stuff outside of the city (even though that defeat the purpose of it being called 'LEGO City'), but related to forest/park, what about a wave focus on Boy/Girl Scouts, the sets could be a Boys vs. Girls of two different camps. It would bring in a lot more life to the forest section of City and better than mining that we got during the Mountain Police wave.

Finally someone who understands where I'm coming from of the themes purpose being defeated. 

Also, I would love to see a kid scouts people pack. Maybe as part of a park related subtheme or something. If that happens, I would also like to see a circus troop/step team people pack which would give a nod to the Flying Legandos from LEGO Island. 

9 minutes ago, pooda said:

Finally someone who understands where I'm coming from of the themes purpose being defeated. 

Also, I would love to see a kid scouts people pack. Maybe as part of a park related subtheme or something. If that happens, I would also like to see a circus troop/step team people pack which would give a nod to the Flying Legandos from LEGO Island. 

I plan to make fan concept mocs of the scouts at some point, but so far in planning out I only got Minifigure Scout Pack (include 4 scout and a small campfire build) and Boat Race/Fishing Competition (also include 4 scouts but include two small boats) and we already know there be a Scout House. I could see the scout minifigure making reference to Camp Lazlo with the uniforms.

I honestly can't see LEGO making a nod to the Flying Legandos besides them being in a sticker of them in a picture, because I couldn't see a chunk of minifigure in a people pack having the same torso printing but with different letter doing well.

@ShadowWolfHount It seems like City is doing everything out of the city right now. Might as well call it Lego Beyond the City now. They barely do things based in the city. Except for fire and classic police along with some of the great vehicles. The town sets are now all I look forward to. Hopefully in 2020 (which actually seems promising for City) that will change. 

Edited by pooda

Though I think in 2021, they should be rid of subthemes. Nationalize the sets under one single force. 

I refuse to let go of that ideology. 

Edited by pooda

Standalone Building Ideas.

Warning: Most of them aren't very likely to be made. 

Pizzeria

Grocery Store

Postal Center  

Taxi Station 

Bus Terminal

School

TV 6+ News Station 

Construction Site

Restaurant  

Office Building

Pet Store 

Car Dealership 

On 7/30/2019 at 12:49 PM, ShadowWolfHount said:

I honestly can't see LEGO making a nod to the Flying Legandos besides them being in a sticker of them in a picture, because I couldn't see a chunk of minifigure in a people pack having the same torso printing but with different letters doing well.

But they did that with the Ghostbusters Ecto-1 IDEAS set....had the same torso with different initials. That was really the only different thing about the minifigs. (Besides the heads.)

I like the idea of a Boy Scouts/outdoors theme!!! Maybe you could borrow Robert8's idea for a Lake Fisherman and have him as the Camp Counselor. That would be cool! 

Here are my ideas, to add to your roster for a Boy Scouts theme:

• Have a set where there's a fishing championship - with lots of fish, a section of water, two canoes or rafts, three minifigures (one counselor and two scouts) and more! The rods could attach to the boats. The minifigures could have great reversible heads! threre could also be a dock and a small boat house for the canoe! Maybe even a 4 wheeler and trailer? 

• Another set where there's 5 minifigures around a campfire with tents (4 camper kids and one counselor). They're telling each other scary stories, but behind the storyteller is a monster minifigure! Awesome! Inside the tents could be lots of good accessories, like camping stoves, lanterns, axes, etc. The tents would be fabric, like the ones in Indiana Jones Jungle Duel. I'd like to see a return of the cloth tents - they're a lot more versatile. The minifigure's heads could all be reversible, from "Mneh - I'm not interested" to "AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! IT'S REAL AND COMING AFTER US!!!" , a.k.a. all out minifigure terror. I would like to see more non-Star Wars sets with torsos that are the same - I'm into large groups of similar minifigures (gangsters, mobsters, policemen, etc) and ama lways looking for more versatile torso designs that are relatively cheap.

• And the cornerstone set could be a Giant Lodge set, with mounted animal heads inside and tables for people to eat at, not to mention bunks alongside the walls and rustic furniture (think lots of printed wood-grain elements). Totally cool! And with the recent release of the Treehouse (IDEAS) then it would be more likely to spark interest in the community, because of there being multiple "outdoors feel" sets available! Preferably 8 minifigures - 6 kids and 2 counselors. Also, all the kids would have teen legs, because they're so much better than the stiff "kid legs" that they still use for little kids and Yoda.

If you do make any of these into IDEAS projects, then totally let me know here and I'll vote for them first thing! ;)

On 7/25/2019 at 4:18 PM, pooda said:

I have an idea for a LEGO City set. 

To celebrate LEGO Media's 24th birthday next year, I think they should release a modern day CITYfied version of the Information Center from Lego Island. With an Infomaniac minifigure. 

Loved that game back in the days! I have that minifigure aswell

Just now, pooda said:

Yup. Same here. 

It was an American exclusive minifigure I believe, never seen it either. As soon as I saw it I needed to import one haha.

Just now, pooda said:

@St8 You mean it wasn't even available in its home country of Denmark? Thats a shame. Lego Island was what put Lego Media on the darn map. 

Dont quote me on it but I believe you could only get one by buying Lego Island in America.

16 hours ago, pooda said:

@St8 You mean it wasn't even available in its home country of Denmark? Thats a shame. Lego Island was what put Lego Media on the darn map. 

Sadly regional exclusive sets/figures still exist (both ways), of course things for sets improved a bit with the recent Chinese New Year dragon boat set at least.

I know the magazines aren't sold in US for example, but are in UK, NL, Germany, Poland (maybe more?)

---

Back to City ideas :

- Park set with actual decent area sized plates, and not just loose elements, brick-built trees, maybe 1-2 vendor stalls, entrance gate, pond with ducks (new duckling mould possibly painted in Mallard duck colors?).

-  City Square , some monument/statue, tiled squares, pigeons , maybe some musicians or another vendor stall (postcards/hats/souvenirs)

- Post Office

- Supermarket or collection of various smaller shops (Bakery(bread) / Cheese Shop / Fruit + Vegetables / Fish / Pharmacy)

- Fishing Harbour / Commercial Fishing Vessel / Seagulls

- Petting Zoo

Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeri I think mega sets should be every year. This year was the Doughnut Shop Opening. 2018 was the capital. 2020 should be a Shopping Center like place with a grocery store, clothing store and post office. Make them colorful too like the last two mega sets were. 

Edited by pooda

On 8/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, pooda said:

@CMFanatic What are your thoughts on a news subtheme? 

I mean if not an entire news subtheme, a news station at least. 

They should totally do it. I like the idea! You could have different sets like a "Mayor's Unveiling" set with the mayor on a platform and a crowd and news team. Maybe he could be dedicating a statue or something. Then there could be a big Downtown News Station as the keystone set, with a news van and six minfigures, rotating radar dish n the top, a "working" printing press and a little television studio with a reporter interviewing someone. Cool!