Klaus-Dieter

Ideas for new City sets

City Corner is definitely a great example of a City set, it's one of the sets I massively regret missing out on. I really wanted it back in the day too, I just must have prioritised Star Wars sets, which is a shame because many of the Star Wars sets I have from that time are now sets I don't massively care for. :sceptic:

City Corner was great because it had a civilian building (the pizza shop) and a bus, and I feel like a bus is definitely needed now to go with the "Bus Stop" sign we get with Fun in the Park. I feel like making sets like City Corner again would be amazing.

Over in the 2016 City sets topic, some made the suggestion for more minifigs packs such as "Fun in the park" - esp. a "Fun at the beach" set.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Maybe "Fun at Coachella"?

or "Fun at Woodstock"?

:laugh:

Here are some two completely new ideas I really would like TLG to release:

The Daily Newspaper Delivery Truck (20 Euros)

- a truck looking very similar to the Lego Truck in the City Center set, but in white color with the emblem of "The Daily Lego News" on it

- a small street scenery with a newspaper box next to a bench and a street light and tree

- accessory: pushcart and some newspapers

- minifigs: newspaper delivery guy (with new torso print) and a female passerby

City Tour Bus

This one could be release in three different versions:

City Tour Bus - small set (20 Euros)

- a red bus with seats and stairs inside to its top and even some seats and a railing on the top of the bus

- accessory: microphone, camera

- minifigs: male bus driver, female tourist guide, boy

City Tour Bus - medium sized set (30 Euros)

- a red bus with seats and stairs inside to its top and even some seats and a railing on the top of the bus

- a small monument (e. g. a Siegessäule or a small statue)

- accessory: microphone, camera, mobile phone

- minifigs: male bus driver, female tourist guide, boy, woman

City Tour Bus - large set (50-70 Euros)

- a huge monument (e. g. an Arc de Triumph or a big fountain)

- a small scenery with a bench, a streetlight, a dustbin, a flowerbed and a brick-built tree

- a tourist kiosk (16x8) with a big displag selling newspapers, postcards, candy stuff and flowers

- accessory: microphone, camera, mobile phone, newspapers, postcards, flowers, candy stuff

- minifigs: male bus driver, female tourist guide, boy, girl, mother, father, shop keeper

I personally would prefer the large version of the set.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I even really would like to get a System scale, Lego City compatible Maersk Container Ship to go with the Maersk Container Train from 2011.

For maritime stuff I furthermore would like a pilot boat and a tug boat. A harbor tour boat for tourists would be really nice, too. As well as a small water police station with water police boat and police divers.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

We have so many pizza restaurants already. We could use more hamburger restaurants, taco stands, sushi bars, ice cream shops, bakeries, delis, and hot dog carts. Some vending machines would also be nice. We could also use a taco truck and a (non-Lego Movie) ice cream truck.

I completely agree with you, Justin!

A hamburger chain - something like the coffee chain, but with a a bit bigger building - would be really cool!

Klaus-Dieter

sushi restaurants would be great and very possible, because there is already those sushi rolls pieces in Lego Friends sets.

There are so many minifigs living in lego City... But where do they sleep!? :wacko:

I always wondered why TLG didn't consider a stackable add-on modular 'appartment block';

- a baseset; 1 appartment & doorway with stairway*.

- add-on appartment & stairway sets; appartments & stairways* such as the gamerguy, crazy cat lady, smelly fat man, foreign family, etc. (or base the themes of of the Collectable Minifigs)

- add-on rooftops; flat & simple, sloped & ornate, new york style with watertower or pigeoncase, swimmingpool condo, hunted attic, etc.

- add-on balkonies & fire-escapes; several styles.

*Or an elevator (x couple of elevator pieces in each set, by collecting sets you complete this bonus).

Don't wanna take the stairs going up 13 floors... Do you!? :tongue:

"add additional sets, and see how high you can get!"

Edited by -zenn

(If I remember correctly) I haven't written down the following wish which imo would be an amazing addition to our harbors:

Dockyard

- "dry dock" for building together a ship

- giant doors at one side to open the "dry dock" in order to let the ship down to water

- two big cranes

- office building with two floors: first floor with small garage and storage room for tolls, second floor with desk, wrting table, computers and telephone; stairs outside to get into the second floor

- big ship hole

- ship's engine

- different, unfinished parts of a ship to put it together

- truck to transport parts of ships

- accessory: many different tools, welding equipment, smartphone

- minifigures: six dockyard workers

What do you think?

sushi restaurants would be great and very possible, because there is already those sushi rolls pieces in Lego Friends sets.

Complete agreement here, cosmolon!

The more different food and drinks chains or stalls or restaurant we get, the better!

There are so many minifigs living in lego City... But where do they sleep!? :wacko:

I always wondered why TLG didn't consider a stackable add-on modular 'appartment block';

- a baseset; 1 appartment & doorway with stairway*.

- add-on appartment & stairway sets; appartments & stairways* such as the gamerguy, crazy cat lady, smelly fat man, foreign family, etc. (or base the themes of of the Collectable Minifigs)

- add-on rooftops; flat & simple, sloped & ornate, new york style with watertower or pigeoncase, swimmingpool condo, hunted attic, etc.

- add-on balkonies & fire-escapes; several styles.

*Or an elevator (x couple of elevator pieces in each set, by collecting sets you complete this bonus).

Don't wanna take the stairs going up 13 floors... Do you!? :tongue:

"add additional sets, and see how high you can get!"

I completely agree with you, -zenn!

But beeing honest, I fear that these ideas will never happen because of the Friends theme in which a family house is being released every about two years.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

(If I remember correctly) I haven't written down the following wish which imo would be an amazing addition to our harbors:

Dockyard

- "dry dock" for building together a ship

- giant doors at one side to open the "dry dock" in order to let the ship down to water

- two big cranes

- office building with two floors: first floor with small garage and storage room for tolls, second floor with desk, wrting table, computers and telephone; stairs outside to get into the second floor

- big ship hole

- ship's engine

- different, unfinished parts of a ship to put it together

- truck to transport parts of ships

- accessory: many different tools, welding equipment, smartphone

- minifigures: six dockyard workers

What do you think?

This is a very cool idea! I got the Sail N Fly Marina set when i was a child and i remember i spend lot of time repairing the boats on the little dock with the Octan worker ^^ Today, it is still one of my favourite because it has a lot of interesting stuff: plane, boats, truck, restaurant...

In 2017, a fishing boat will be released. If a new harbour theme is on the way, i think there will be a container ship. A dockyard and a new marina would be great additions!

I'm still dreaming of an elevated train. This isn't a new idea, but new is what I thought about following:

- train similar to all latest passenger trains (but in a new color like orange or green or blue), maybe even without the passenger wagon in the middle + PF-stuff + tracks for one circle + four straight tracks = maximum 120 Euros (like the passenger train from 2014)

- additional minifigures = 10 Euros

- pillars to elevate the tracks = 20 Euro

- two train stops and a snackbar = 30 Euros

That makes 180 Euros in total which isn't more than the cargo train from 2014. So I don't see any reason why TLG shouldn't release an elevated train (e. g. as a City Exclusive) since it wouldn't require any new bricks and pieces.

On 29.8.2016 at 11:13 PM, sebitsena said:

This is a very cool idea! I got the Sail N Fly Marina set when i was a child and i remember i spend lot of time repairing the boats on the little dock with the Octan worker ^^ Today, it is still one of my favourite because it has a lot of interesting stuff: plane, boats, truck, restaurant...

Although I never owned the Sail N Fly Marina set, I always admired this set, too. And I really do hope that TLG releases something similar to it in 2017 with the new Harbor theme!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Here are some completely new ideas:

Toy Museum (could even be released in the Winter Village theme)

- a two floors big house in ancient architectual style similar to the town hall from 10184, but in dark red with light grey stripes

- first floor: cashpoint with bistro and museum shop included on the left side, entrance with stairs in the middle and exhibition of ancient toys (teddys, tin soldiers, ...) on the right side

- second floor: two puppy houses on the left side, huge model train display (at the best with a model train functioning the same way like in 10254) in the middle and Lego sets on the right side

- accessory: many molded and brick-built toys, two banknotes, two cups, chocolate, ice-cream

- minifigs: female museum worker, mother, father, son, daughter

Helicrane Building Up A Wind Power Plant

- helicrane very similar to the one from the 2014 Arctic theme, but with wheels instead of skids

- Octan wind power plant in about the size of the one from 2009, but divided up into parts (in order to transport them with the helicrane)

- jeep with car doors and rear door

- brick-built tree

- accessory: a huge variety of tools, radio set, cup, extra wheel (for the jeep), plan (for building up the wind power plant)

- minifigs: female helicrane pilot, female wanderer, two male workers

Solar Car

- small civilian car with solar panels on top

- accessory: shopping basket, red apple, trans-blue bottle, smartphone

- minifig: female car driver

Solar Plane

- small plane with solar panels on the cockpit and the wings

- radar equipment on a huge pillar

- accessory: different tools, radio set

- minifigs: female pilot, male mechanic

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Here are my wishes:

1. Octan van

2.  Filling station

3. Ambulance 

4. Bendy bus ( I've wanted one forever!!)

5.Maintenence truck

6.Family home (new and updated)

7. Bank

8.Shopping street

6 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Helicrane Building Up A Wind Power Plant

- helicrane very similar to the one from the 2014 Arctic theme, but with wheels instead of skids

- Octan wind power plant in about the size of the one from 2009, but divided up into parts (in order to transport them with the helicrane)

- jeep with car doors and rear door

- brick-built tree

- accessory: a huge variety of tools, radio set, cup, extra wheel (for the jeep), plan (for building up the wind power plant)

- minifigs: female helicrane pilot, female wanderer, two male workers

Solar Car

- small civilian car with solar panels on top

- accessory: shopping basket, red apple, trans-blue bottle, smartphone

- minifig: female car driver

Solar Plane

- small plane with solar panels on the cockpit and the wings

- radar equipment on a huge pillar

- accessory: different tools, radio set

- minifigs: female pilot, male mechanic

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

The solar theme sounds interesting. I like the idea of Octan becoming a green factory! I suggest a Solar Impulse design for the plane ;)

2 hours ago, The lego fan said:

Here are my wishes:

1. Octan van

2.  Filling station

3. Ambulance 

5.Maintenence truck

7. Bank

8.Shopping street

+1 for the Shopping Street.

What is a bendy bus?

Edited by sebitsena

12 minutes ago, sebitsena said:

The solar theme sounds interesting. I like the idea of Octan becoming a green factory! I suggest a Solar Impulse design for the plane ;)

+1 for the Shopping Street.

What is a bendy bus?

Oh,do you not have them where you are? A bendy bus is two compartments of public transport seating with a flexible join in the middle that enables long busses to turn corners easier. Glad you liked the shopping street idea?.

16 minutes ago, The lego fan said:

Oh,do you not have them where you are? A bendy bus is two compartments of public transport seating with a flexible join in the middle that enables long busses to turn corners easier. Glad you liked the shopping street idea?.

Sure i have those kind of buses, but i did not succeed in translate this in Google Traduction ^^ In french, we usually say "bus à soufflet" ou "bus articulé".

So +1 for the bendy bus too. It will be something new regarding buses and trams we already have!

11 hours ago, sebitsena said:

Sure i have those kind of buses, but i did not succeed in translate this in Google Traduction ^^ In french, we usually say "bus à soufflet" ou "bus articulé".

So +1 for the bendy bus too. It will be something new regarding buses and trams we already have!

Cheers!

I would love to see a "bendy bus" too, those are cool.

And to whoever suggested an Octan oil rig earlier in this thread, yes please.

On 5 mai 2016 at 0:30 AM, Robert8 said:

Maybe "Fun at Coachella"?

or "Fun at Woodstock"?

:laugh:

Fun at whatever you want, as long as it comes with lot of minifigs and a bus stop in order to let the minifigs take the bendy-bus ;)

Edited by sebitsena

A proper Newsagent Shop would be nice.

With letters and postcards from Heartlake. Lipstick Pencils in the stationary section, Some Buzz cola cans in a fridge with sandwiches from the Scoobydoo sets. Maybe even a Rollover Hotdog machine with brown hotdogs and hotdog buns.

TLG could include Delivery vans for Old News, Lego News, Mom Monthly etc. or have them as separate smaller sets?

21 hours ago, Venunder said:

With letters and postcards from Heartlake. Lipstick Pencils in the stationary section, Some Buzz cola cans in a fridge with sandwiches from the Scoobydoo sets. Maybe even a Rollover Hotdog machine with brown hotdogs and hotdog buns.

This would be so cool!! I totally agree that lego should make a newsagent shop?. I'm surprised I didn't think of that idea in my own list.

On 11.10.2016 at 6:17 PM, The lego fan said:

Here are my wishes:

1. Octan van

2.  Filling station

3. Ambulance 

5.Maintenence truck

7. Bank

8.Shopping street

A bank is what we'll get already in January.

But I agree with all other items - esp. the shopping street, the family home and the bendy bus. :thumbup: Although I have to admit that a city tour (meaning sightseeing) bus and a bouble decker bus are in my prioritees higher than a bendy bus.

Klaus-Dieter

12 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

A bank is what we'll get already in January.

But I agree with all other items - esp. the shopping street, the family home and the bendy bus. :thumbup: Although I have to admit that a city tour (meaning sightseeing) bus and a bouble decker bus are in my prioritees higher than a bendy bus.

Klaus-Dieter

Oh. I'm glad we're getting a bank in January since I didn't yet know this☺. Thanks for letting me know. Do you know if pics of this are out yet? As for your opinions on my wish list, they are very welcome.

12 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:
On 08/08/2016 at 11:42 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Here are some two completely new ideas I really would like TLG to release:

The Daily Newspaper Delivery Truck (20 Euros)

- a truck looking very similar to the Lego Truck in the City Center set, but in white color with the emblem of "The Daily Lego News" on it

- a small street scenery with a newspaper box next to a bench and a street light and tree

- accessory: pushcart and some newspapers

- minifigs: newspaper delivery guy (with new torso print) and a female passerby

This would be absolutely awesome! I love lego trucks.

On 12.10.2016 at 10:32 PM, Venunder said:

TLG could include Delivery vans for Old News, Lego News, Mom Monthly etc. or have them as separate smaller sets?

I completely agree with you on the newspaper shop, Venunder! If a tourist bus and some monument was included in this set, too - like the set ideas I wrote on page 35 -, it would be perfect!

And complete agreement about the delivery cars, too! There was the Lego delivery truck last year and there'll be a gift delivering truck in the Friends theme next year. But what I'm really missing is a proper postal van to deliver the "normal" packets to the recipients.

Klaus-Dieter