Sign in to follow this  
viscontia

MOC (my first one! :) ) - Comptoir Florian

Hi! This is my very first post, so I think I should give a short introduction to myself. When I was a kid I used to be a huge Lego lover and builder, but afterwards I haven't almost touched a brick for almost 20 years. Just recently the passion came back thanks to the modular buildings... I really love those models!

I want to present here my very first MOC, the Comptoir Florian. The name come from my favorite tea house, located in Bruxelles (Rue Saint-Boniface 17) that I used as inspiration. Most of the bricks come from the Palace Cinema (10232) and the rest are parts I found in the brick wall in the nearest Lego Store... that's why sometime I was a bit too limited with the colors available.

It's a half-size modular building composed by two floors: the ground one with the bar and the second one with the tea room.

Here is the front view:

0M0K0639.jpg

And the back view:

0M0K0646.jpg

Detail of the entrance:

0M0K0640.jpg

Ground floor with the entrance, the bar, the stairs to the second floor and the door on the back side:

0M0K0649.jpg

From the back side:

0M0K0653.jpg

Detail of the bar, with a samovar, the tea boxes on the shelves and a chinese umbrella as decoration:

0M0K0665.jpg

Under the stair there is a small room used to store stuff:

0M0K0664.jpg

Back side, with a rubbish bin and some flowers:

0M0K0648.jpg

View of the first floor:

0M0K0668.jpg

Details with the fire place... I love the lamps hanging over the tables and the stairs :) :

0M0K0674.jpg

In the other corner there is a bookshelf with some books for the customers. On the walls there are a few modern paintings:

0M0K0678.jpg

The stairs with the lamps again:

0M0K0673.jpg

And now the top level with the facade and the roof:

0M0K0680.jpg

On the back there is a terrace with some flowers:

0M0K0679.jpg

So, what do you think?

I would like to find some space for a small toilet (maybe in the room under the stairs) and a stair to access the top terrace.

Very nice and well detailed modular there 'viscontia'......I hope you find space for a toliet....some of the customers might need to go ! :blush:

Brick On 'viscontia' ! :grin:

Nice little modular building! Very notable for a "very first MOC" !! :laugh:

Only a remark: I'm afraid that the shape of the roof, that sticks out the base, won't allow you to combine it with other modular buildings... :sceptic:

I really like the details of the interior - there's so much to enjoy in there. My only suggestion might be to consider increasing the height of the ground-floor by an additional two or three rows of bricks to make the proportions between the floors more even.

Great work!

Nice little modular building! Very notable for a "very first MOC" !! :laugh:

Only a remark: I'm afraid that the shape of the roof, that sticks out the base, won't allow you to combine it with other modular buildings... :sceptic:

Thank you everybody! :)

Yes, that's right... I thought to solve the issue simply by removing two rows of bricks from it. Actually for the roof I was not very creative... I just took the two blocks of the roof of Palace Cinema and reused them with almost no modifications.

Great first modular moc! I agree with eurotrash's suggestion about the height of the first floor; I'd would make the lovely entry a bit more imposing than it is now. The use of harpoons as flagpoles is nw to me. I will have to get some now!

Actually I made the ground and first floor exactly the same height (7 bricks). Adding a couple of rows would help to build a more elaborate entry that would look nicer... I'll see if I have the bricks and try to do it! :classic:

This is a great first MOC! My favourite details are the balcony railings for the first floor window, the chimney and the planter box on the roof.

I agree that the roof line will cause issues when placed next to other buildings and that the first floor could use a little more height.

Tonight I did my homework and I managed to fit a small toilet under the stair on the ground floor. The WC gave me some troubles in finding a reasonable brick to build it. In the end I used a round 2x2x1 upside down... at least there is a hole in the middle! :wink:

Since it's almost impossible to photograph it when the building is complete, the photo is taken before mounting the door and the stair:

0M0K0738.jpg

Once mounted the door and the stair:

0M0K0739.jpg

Ground floor modified finished (I also inserted a small lamp on the wall):

0M0K0740.jpg

I also followed the suggestion to increase the height of the ground floor. Unfortunately due to the lack of parts I managed to add only one row of bricks. Here is the front view:

0M0K0744.jpg

As last I changed a bit the window on the second floor, that looked a bit too flat to me:

0M0K0748.jpg

Comments and critics very welcomed! :classic:

Welcom to Eurobricks Viscontia, and great that you have come out of the dark ages. And with succes also. A very nice looking modular, with al lot of details. I hope you will produce more of these fine buildings. Are planing on building a town?

Welcom to Eurobricks Viscontia, and great that you have come out of the dark ages. And with succes also. A very nice looking modular, with al lot of details. I hope you will produce more of these fine buildings. Are planing on building a town?

Thank you, Dutch Guy! Would be really nice to build a town... but I fear the size of my flat is way too small for a town, even a mini one! :)