Sign in to follow this  
Agent Fusion

How to link Bionicle and Hero Factory?

Since Hero Factory first started, I wondered how it could be connected with Bionicle. My current theory is that, after Mata Nui became dormant again, the Agori and Matoran needed a solution to their problems. Glatorian were too weak, and Toa were too few. Over hundreds of years, technology advanced, space travel was harnessed and new planets were discovered. It was then that an enterprising young Agori by the name of Akiyama Makuro finally developed a factory capable of building new warriors, known as Heroes.

Do you have a different theory? Post it below!

I prefer to keep the two stories separate. They just seem way to different to form any connection.

(though that doesn't mean they aren't in the same universe and Makuta escaped and is the mastermind behind all the events in the Hero Factory story...)

theres no reason the two themes and probably chima as well can't exist in the same universe but I don't think anyone theme is directly responsible for the others origins

I usually link them with ball-and-socket connections. Sometimes with pneumatic-t's. You know, whatever works.

;)

I remember reading a fake story on Brickpedia where it said that they discovered a dead Toa and reverse engineered it into a modern day Hero.

I remember reading a fake story on Brickpedia where it said that they discovered a dead Toa and reverse engineered it into a modern day Hero.

Back when BIONICLE was fairly new, I had a similar storyline connecting BIONICLE to Throwbots. Specifically, I decided the Throwbots were artificial Toa that the Tohunga/Matoran had built while waiting for the real ones to arrive, but they didn't end up working effectively and went off to space to settle their own planet. Or something like that — I don't entirely remember. Perhaps I even said that Mata Nui was just an island in the water section of the Throwbots world, and that doesn't work with the official storyline for obvious reasons.

Today, I don't really get much enjoyment out of linking themes like this. Hero Factory is not just in a different setting than BIONICLE, but it's in a universe that works quite differently. In Hero Factory, space travel and robots with human-like personalities and emotions not only exist, they are commonplace. The robots are even capable of romance, judging from some accounts. I think treating this as the same universe as BIONICLE, even in the far future, would undercut the magic and mystery of the technological advances we did see in the BIONICLE universe. And how would it really benefit either storyline to link the two?

I think crossovers between the two themes could work, at least in fan fiction, as long as you maintain that they are set in separate universes. And a crossover story like that could actually be somewhat interesting if you treat it similarly to a crossover with any other universe, even ours. I've even made sort of crossoverish MOCs, like this, though I didn't come up with any story for them.

But as far as the official storyline is concerned, I don't see any really strong benefit to be had from interpreting any kind of link between them. They can each be enjoyed separately.

Very nice MOC there. The reason I'm asking is because I'm working on a HF fanfic where they need the mask of light and finally the mask of life. It is interesting to read these opinions, and I hope many more people share their's below.

@ Darth Vader

Oh, you... Should have seen this coming I suppose, but it was a good laugh.

Edited by Agent Fusion

I am agreeing with what Kalhiki have said, Bionicle and Hero Factory are way too different to make any connection.

I am making my own story and I am not making any links to Bionicle and Hero Factory.

@Bigger Fish

That's actually quite an interesting theory. You don't happen to have source, do you?

Just to clarify, this is for a story I'm writing, the idea just came from a sudden burst of nostalgia from when I found a half assembled Tahnok in my parts tub. Thinking about it, the story could still work without Bionicle characters, but hat would defeat the point somewhat. Once the first chapter is done, I will post it here and on its own forum.

I think we should keep them separate just due to the shear scope and depth of the Bionicle world. Hero factory is simply the successor to the Bioincle line, as beloved as it was.

I generally just plunk the Spherus Magna solar system into the wider Hero Factory universe, since there's no canon reason they actually clash and HF has a far wider scope.

I do the same with Slizers and Roboriders, and I suppose there's no reason Chima can't fit in there too.

(And some form of Transformers, but that's beside the point.)

Edited by CabooseBM

I generally just plunk the Spherus Magna solar system into the wider Hero Factory universe, since there's no canon reason they actually clash and HF has a far wider scope.

I do the same with Slizers and Roboriders, and I suppose there's no reason Chima can't fit in there too.

(And some form of Transformers, but that's beside the point.)

we can probably add mixels universe on that too.

To me,the Bionicle story is after the Hero Factory story in time, with the Great Beings as the highly technologicly advanced remnants of former civilazations and Toas as an upgraded version of Heros.

Update: The general plan is complete. I decided to remove the Mask of Light, as it would reveal the Bionicle connections too early on. Also planning on making MOC's based on the story, so stay tuned.

ok yall, i gotta theory of my own. 

we all know bionicle g2 came soon after hf's ending, so why not throw a reasonable connection to that too? well, thats what i did.

at some point in time after the final battle between mata nui and makuta, the six toa nuva had a calling to go to a different planet where a darkness lurked--which that planet is where okoto is and the makuta on okoto is either a reincarnation of makuta or one of the brothers. they used an advanced space traveling technology to go there, but in turn of arriving there, they lost their memory. then the bionicle g2 story begins.

back on spherus magna, the matoran build a magnificent city, Makuhero city, along with many other modern settlements. the technology grew advanced and everything became advanced. but all the glatorians who had become toa when mata nui was a walking being became turaga, rulers of the different tribes. thus, there were no toa left. so, a agori/matoran named Akiyama Makuro created the hero factory, where toa like heroes were made to protect the inhabitants of spherus magna.

the villains we see in hero factory are just descendants of bone hunters and skrall.

as the population of spherus magna advanced in technology, the people changed in looks also, looking like how the civilians look in hf. and many many years passed and the turaga eventually passed away and mr. makuro was left, waiting for the return of the toa nuva. 

and the mysterious villain in the endings of hf videos is just makuta in disguise. 

after awhile, makuta returns in spirit form and does a bunch of stuff, which would be the story for a story im gonna write about hf's final story.

ok that was pretty sloppy but i managed to get it out there. what do yall think

8 hours ago, LM95dood said:

ok yall, i gotta theory of my own. 

we all know bionicle g2 came soon after hf's ending, so why not throw a reasonable connection to that too? well, thats what i did.

at some point in time after the final battle between mata nui and makuta, the six toa nuva had a calling to go to a different planet where a darkness lurked--which that planet is where okoto is and the makuta on okoto is either a reincarnation of makuta or one of the brothers. they used an advanced space traveling technology to go there, but in turn of arriving there, they lost their memory. then the bionicle g2 story begins.

back on spherus magna, the matoran build a magnificent city, Makuhero city, along with many other modern settlements. the technology grew advanced and everything became advanced. but all the glatorians who had become toa when mata nui was a walking being became turaga, rulers of the different tribes. thus, there were no toa left. so, a agori/matoran named Akiyama Makuro created the hero factory, where toa like heroes were made to protect the inhabitants of spherus magna.

the villains we see in hero factory are just descendants of bone hunters and skrall.

as the population of spherus magna advanced in technology, the people changed in looks also, looking like how the civilians look in hf. and many many years passed and the turaga eventually passed away and mr. makuro was left, waiting for the return of the toa nuva. 

and the mysterious villain in the endings of hf videos is just makuta in disguise. 

after awhile, makuta returns in spirit form and does a bunch of stuff, which would be the story for a story im gonna write about hf's final story.

ok that was pretty sloppy but i managed to get it out there. what do yall think

Personally I think the HF Planet is more likely to be just be another planet within the Bionicle Universe than just a advanced Spherus Magna. Not to mention, Spherus Magna's inhabitants are bio-mechanical, so them turning into complete robots over time doesn't really make sense. But nice theory.

Edited by Lego David

12 hours ago, Lego David said:

Personally I think the HF Planet is more likely to be just be another planet within the Bionicle Universe than just a advanced Spherus Magna. Not to mention, Spherus Magna's inhabitants are bio-mechanical, so them turning into complete robots over time doesn't really make sense. But nice theory.

yeah, true. that could work. but it could be like an evolution process over thousands of years that they arent aware of.