timmyc1983

[LDD Contest] My Dream Home - Modular apartment

Hello Eurobrickers,

I would like to present to you my entry for the Contest: Free Build. I have entered it in the entry topic, this one is just for C+C :laugh: enjoy!

It is a 32 x 48 modular building as my dream house would be to live in a LEGO city, much like Emmet... But this house could also exist in the real world. I chose a modular because I like living in the city, although I enjoy living in a house at the moment, I think I would enjoy living in a more populated area with lots of buildings around. Anyway, enough chatter, here's some pictures. (Please excuse some pictures are rendered and some are not, the picture of the middle floor is taking forever)

13816678424_c36ebdfd1e_c.jpg

So here it is! There are only a handful of bricks that are either really expensive on Bricklink or that aren't made, but they are easily replaced with a similar colour should I ever have the money to brick build it. I have also taken a couple of short cuts with the floors but i was just being lazy, they would just need a bit of reinforcement and maybe a few different size plates to make in real bricks. Features here are the verandah on the bottom floor to sit on and watch the world pass by and the balcony on the top floor for a similar purpose from a bird's eye view.

13816350095_5de657fbb9_c.jpg

And the back, featuring a back garden for my cats (you may notice lots of cats, I love cats and my dream home would involve lots of them), a small swimming pool and a nice tree to take shade under for outdoor dining.

13816383653_e5d89ffb1c_n.jpg13816355095_5531b8f0cd_n.jpg

Left: This is the kitchen, plenty of bench space and a very big fridge, I like food :sweet: although you have to be careful when using the top right hob, sometimes the curtain catches on fire :laugh:

Right: This is the living room with a cosy fireplace and two large comfy couches.

13842103635_235583f7f2.jpg13816354435_6d2f899417_n.jpg

Here is the best part of the house, the whole middle floor is a dedicated LEGO room. As you can see, there is a large train/city layout. I have tried to include as many sets as possible including three train sets, 4 creator houses, 5 modulars, and many more classic sets which may be harder to figure out but anyway, you get the idea :classic: There is also a building table next to the chimney, this has a lamp of course as well draws containing all the spare parts and it seems my minifig self is working on a purple modular which is seen in The LEGO Movie. Also there is a table tennis table, but I stole its design from the Fire Brigade modular, I just really like table tennis!

13816353445_1ae8f48044_c.jpg

And finally, this is the top floor, which contains the bedroom and bathroom (out of picture on the bottom left) and the TV room with another cosy fireplace and a couple of bean bags to sink into and watch my fav shows :laugh: Also this is the floor from which the balcony is accessible. There's a photo of the bed and bathroom on my flickr account, as well as non-rendered versions of everything.

LXF File: available on the entry topic!

Anyway, I hope you like it and good luck to all contest entries, I really enjoyed building this and now I have a blue print for my dream home :tongue:

Cheers, Tim.

Edited by timmyc1983

It looks fantastic! Great looking interior though you're right about that Stove/Curtains being a fire hazard :)

One minor quibble - I like the chimney (I'm a sucker for those textures and that color-combi and the vegetation climbing up it), but where's the fire places in the rooms?

I hope you brick it in real life and good luck in the competition!

It looks fantastic! Great looking interior though you're right about that Stove/Curtains being a fire hazard :)

One minor quibble - I like the chimney (I'm a sucker for those textures and that color-combi and the vegetation climbing up it), but where's the fire places in the rooms?

I hope you brick it in real life and good luck in the competition!

Thanks for the comments :D I'm glad you like it!

There's two fire places; the first is on the ground floor next to the couch against the wall, there's a cat standing in front of it; and the second is on the top floor tucked away in the corner next to the TV, again with a black cat standing in front of it, cats like to warm :sweet:

There's two fire places; the first is on the ground floor next to the couch against the wall, there's a cat standing in front of it; and the second is on the top floor tucked away in the corner next to the TV, again with a black cat standing in front of it, cats like to warm :sweet:

With four cats and four large inside dogs in my house it can be a struggle to even see the bloomin' fireplace sometimes.... :classic:

This is awesome! Love the beanbags, Lego room and backyard.

Good luck in the competition!

Ohhh I wish I had a Lego room in my apartment like that.

Haha, I wish I had an apartment like that, with or without the LEGO room :laugh:

This is awesome! Love the beanbags, Lego room and backyard.

Good luck in the competition!