Sign in to follow this  
Rick

MOD: Ice Cream Van (70804 Alternative Model)

The ice cream truck in the 70804 The LEGO Movie set was way too tall for my liking, so I decided to modify it to better (better, it's still pretty big for an ice cream van) fit the typical LEGO City scale. I kept all the original design elements, but got rid of the dark grey car base. Using only pieces from the set itself, I came up with this alternative model:

13815956455_3a4c976771_c.jpg

13816274064_8cfd03cb48_c.jpg

13815979233_156356efbb_c.jpg

LDD file is attached (I didn't bother with the big cone on the roof :blush: ).

70804 Ice Cream Van.lxf

Awesome modifications 'Rick'......I too found it too tall so it and the plumbers van will get the mod' treatment ! :wink:

Brick On 'Rick' ! :grin:

Very nice. Original model is taller than I'd like too, so will have to look at shortening it along those lines. Thanks for the LXF!

Very nice MOD. I always like to see alternate builds that only use parts included with he original.

What are the dimension differences?

Would it be possible to edit one of your photos to show the original and your MOD side-by-side?

Andy D

Thanks for your comments. :sweet:

What are the dimension differences?

Would it be possible to edit one of your photos to show the original and your MOD side-by-side?

The length is the same. I managed to reduce the height by one brick (the whole van is lowered by one plate and the counter is lowered by two plates) and then some on top of the roof.

Here's a comparison to the original (image from Clone OPatra's review of the set).

13816274064_8cfd03cb48_z.jpg11617355754_6debd92072_z.jpg

Is there anyway to show what you did with a picture or a screen cap of the step? I can't open LDDs and this would fix the issue my daughter has with the ice cream truck being taller than her people.

Is there anyway to show what you did with a picture or a screen cap of the step? I can't open LDDs and this would fix the issue my daughter has with the ice cream truck being taller than her people.

It's a complete rebuild of the van, so it's not easily explained with one picture. I suggest you install LDD on a computer and download the LXF file.

Rick,

I was hoping it was something quick. :wink: The only real computer I have access to is my office computer and they don't like it when we download programs that are not on their approved list.

Awesome rebuild, thought! It does insprire me to try to figure out what you did. :thumbup:

With thanks to JunkstyleGio (from Lowlug), here's a side-by-side comparison in LDD.

13903003234_1b2129023c_b.jpg