Sariel

Torpedo Trike, going at 20.78 km/h

Hi

The number of people who think you are an amazing and funny Technic designer: +1

Dino

Sweet! It's hard to imagine anyone could beat that speed by much - you've really stripped the vehicle down close to the minimum possible weight.

Great job.

Is there a reason why you inverted one of the shock absorbers?

Also, from your blog post you say

Seeing as the trike took quite a while to fully accelerate, I would say that lowering weight may be an option, because torque seemed like an issue here.

If you're aiming for top speed, surely it doesn't matter how long it accelerates for? If you're aiming for shortest time along a given path, though, that's a different matter.

Owen.

He probably inverted the shock just because he can and because it adds to the vehicle's crazy look.

The inverted shocks are an accident that I somehow missed, because I was so focused on propulsion :)

Awesome work! I'm guessing quite alot more speed would be possible indoors on a smooth floor (maybe a gym or convention center). Those bumps really don't help...

Hmm, might it be possible to make something faster if it had a pneumatic engine, and a bunch of tanks? I can think of other methods, but they involve stuff like slingshots and rocket motors...

Awesome work! I'm guessing quite alot more speed would be possible indoors on a smooth floor (maybe a gym or convention center). Those bumps really don't help...

I second this. There's a reason they do the land-speed record tests on the salt flats!

Paul, I have seen and admired your work for quite some time, this is awsome!!! You are truely and artist at what you do! I agree with the smothe floor as well, you could probably beat the 20.8 on a smothe surface. And for my american counterparts 20.8 km/h is 12.9245 mph.

Edited by Chas

If acceleration is an issue, then it may be that it proves tough to find an indoor smooth floor large enough.

Maybe a meeting hall of some sort? Or an indoor arena?