gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This little build is part of my current AT AT project. I wanted to build a scout bike that fits into the troop compartment of my AT AT MOC which is based on the 8129 AT AT set. Not only should it fit into the compartment, but I also wanted to have some space remaining for some troopers on the tray which inserts into the troop compartment while the bike is on it. On top of that, I naturally wanted the bike to sport the shapes and proportions we know from Return of the Jedi as much as possible considering the size (or lack of size) of the build.

So, this turned out to be another teeny-weeny build, but I'm very pleased with the result and therefore like to share this here and read your comments and suggestions.

Here's two images of the bike:

ScoutBike1.jpg

ScoutBike2.jpg

The bike is very sturdy and folds up in the middle, so that it fits on the tray. As you can see, it leaves a 2-stud-wide edge on the tray where 4 troopers can be comfortably placed:

ScoutBike3.jpg

I'm currently also improving on the AT AT and will post new and more detailed photos in the relevant thread.

Now, if we can get a picture of the left side, we can ALL start making this awesome speeder for our AT-ATs!

:o

Edited by rollermonkey

Now, if we can get a picture of the left side, we can ALL start making this awesome speeder for our AT-ATs!

:o

Be my guest. This should help you build one of your own :classic: :

ScoutBike4.jpg

The parts should all be easy to identify. I don't know from which set the 3 stud long black lightsaber blade is which connects the front and back section of the bike, functions as the joint at which the bike can be folded up, and to which the handlebars are attached. I never cut (or paint, or glue) pieces, so I double-checked it because I wasn't sure if it could be a faulty part, but there are moldlines visible on each end, so it must be an official part.

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

I like this speeder! It's not as detailed as other MOCs, bu that is not necesarily a bad thing. Your speeder is very compact, and much better then TLG's effort to make this speeder compact! Good work.

The 3L bar is probalbly from the B-wing planet set. If you want smaller bars, you could try flex tube cutting, what is generally accepted by FOLs

Thanks! I'm going to make a pair. Those Imperial Scouts never seem to go anywhere alone. Hopefully they can fit in the AT-AT together, and I think your folding design makes that possible.

Well, the pieces from BnP finally arrived, and my pair is built.

One oddity I've learned though: You use two 1x1 modified plates in the back to clip onto the black lightsaber/bar and I used a 1x2 modified plate, thinking it would increase rigidity/stability... There is apparently enough difference in the clip thickness between the two clip types that I cannot fold the bike without the bar popping out of the 1x1 modified plate on the front half.

Darth Jackson,

It's a bit tight, but two of these do fit into the 75054 walker without even having to fold them. Thanks for sharing, it's a great little build.

P1010041_zpsce8979aa.jpg

Great work on the speedbike!

Perfect in Hoth style, some more greebles and perfect!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

markus

Awesome speedbike and it's clever you used parts from your AT-AT to build a few of them! :thumbup:

I really like this speeder, much closer to the spirit of how it should look than the official versions. I think I would have made it slightly bigger, but then I don't have an AT-AT to fit it into