Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Father & Son diesels: a tribute to my Dad

This model is dedicated to my father, who, through thick & thin, never gave up on me. He has inspired me, challenged me, and helped me become who I am today.

13716687274_962cf219e7_z.jpg

This model was created by my father as gift to me in 2004. It is a representation of a diesel, and was created before he had discovered Bricklink. The base plate is the only incorrect part, as it should have 10 pin holes instead of 6 like this one does.

13716324393_d4ecb62ec0_z.jpg

Sadly, as I grew older, I decided I didn't like the model anymore, so I tore it apart around 2007. About 6 years later I realized my mistake, and am currently trying to rebuild it.

13716688344_7bf5a62cf9_z.jpg

This is my own modern interpretation of the model. I made it stronger, cleaner, and more pleasing to the eye.

13716306685_632c4e56a6_z.jpg

But if you look at the side vent work, you will see what inspired me: that 2004 MOC by my Dad.

13716687104_2b01a738da_z.jpg

Here they are together, so you can compare them.

LDD file: http://www.mocpages....1396963872m.lxf

Comments, Questions, & Complaints welcome!

Very nice, though don't be hard on yourself about tearing it apart, lego is meant to be transient after all. And now you've gone an rebuilt it anyway (at least electronically). It looks a bit like the diesel from 7777.

That's a nice take on your Fathers train! You've bought it up to date, but it still retains the old bones.

Good job Murdoch17!

Well, your father did a good job, that's about the best what you can build a train with basic parts. As already mentioned above, the fences are a great use and the curved new parts add the realism to the engine, nice job!

I decided I didn't like the model anymore, so I tore it apart around 2007. About 6 years later I realized my mistake, and am currently trying to rebuild it.48.gif