Suspsy

What Marvel/DC Characters Will NEVER Get Minifigures?

Deathstroke in Arkham edition!

I want deathstroke...... and they will never make it

images_zps4e793c10.jpg

Edited by wilson3a10

Deathstroke in Arkham edition!

I want deathstroke...... and they will never make it

How do you know? Deathstroke is a popular DC character with a lot of recent media coverage, there is a chance he could pop up somewhere

Still even if we get him probably no Arkham version.

Maybe not the Arkham version exactly. But that version is rather close to the Arrow version. Which we most likely do have a good chance of seeing.

Rather than picking an obscure character who is guaranteed not to get a figure, I assume this thread means 'characters who are of some importance, but probably will be unlucky and not get a figure'. In which case, I can't see us ever getting a Gorilla Grood, Black Manta, or a Hawkgirl figure.

Maybe not the Arkham version exactly. But that version is rather close to the Arrow version. Which we most likely do have a good chance of seeing.

And it is pretty sad there is no related product for TV show.

The new arrow season, flash and james gordon are all going to broadcast soon.

Rather than picking an obscure character who is guaranteed not to get a figure, I assume this thread means 'characters who are of some importance, but probably will be unlucky and not get a figure'. In which case, I can't see us ever getting a Gorilla Grood, Black Manta, or a Hawkgirl figure.

That's funny seeing as the next Wave has 2 sets focused on Manta and Grodd. I'm sure hawk girl is likely for these too!

I think we have a very good chance for Carnage. He's similar enough to Venom. It'd take minimal reprinting to do him

I honestly think Ant-Man. I love him but I think trying to make a tiny-fig would be too hard. Even when he is getting a movie. :(

Unless they just make him a microfigure which is probably the easist thing to do.

Alternately, they could do one or more sets at different scales, with minifigures of Ant-Man but no one else, instead incorporating larger-than-usual "prop"-type items, perhaps somewhat like some of the Toy Story sets. They could even do a mix of such sets, with some with a minifigure representing Ant-Man at "full size," interacting with other minifigure characters, others featuring him "shrunken", and having no other characters but larger-scale objects, and still others having him shrunken but also having other characters, depicting them with minifigures and him with a microfigure or statuette piece.

That said, since Ant-Man is the second of two MCU movies next year and the first is Avengers: Age of Ultron, I could easily see them forgoing it altogether to instead allocate their efforts entirely to the higher-profile film, as they previously eschewed doing sets specifically for either Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But I suspect one way or another, the character of Ant-Man will eventually be represented in an official set, even if we have to wait until Avengers: Infinity War sets to get him.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I could easily see them forgoing it altogether to instead allocate their efforts entirely to the higher-profile film, as they previously eschewed doing sets specifically for either Thor: The Dark World or Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But I suspect one way or another, the character of Ant-Man will eventually be represented in an official set, even if we have to wait until Avengers: Infinity War sets to get him.

We've actually been told by a reliable source that there will be an Antman set next summer. Hopefully it's true

Which ones do you think would be deemed inappropriate for the Lego line?

Super Heroes and villains that is inappropriate for the Lego line.

Here's mine are

Blaze and Satanus

Bloodsport - It has a red German-like WII symbol on his chest.

Baron Blitzkrieg

Braindrain

Do you think we'll be seeing any sets based of the DC Suicide Squad movie planned for 2016? I doubt the sets will be call Suicide Squad but I'm willing to bet we'll be getting minifigs based off of the movie.

Edited by omegabob

Do you think we'll be seeing any sets based of the DC Suicide Squad movie planned for 2016? I doubt the sets will be call Suicide Squad but I'm willing to bet we'll be getting minifigs based off of the movie.

Naw, with their big movie about DC's two biggest superheroes going up against each other coming the same year, I think they want to promote that a bit more.

...Ghost Rider... Prove me wrong LEGO!!! Please, pleeaase prove me wrong...

In all seriousness, I doubt we would ever see Mephisto or Blackheart considering the fact that they are... you know... Demons, let alone the rulers of Marvel's version of Hell. Shuma Gorath ill never be made either, though that would require a special mold or be brick built considering its a giant one-eyed tentacle monster. Other characters like Morbius, Blade(again, please prove me wrong LEGO), Carnage, Son of Satan, Hellboy(I know not DC or Marvel but hey I love my dark heroes!), Dormamu, Death Ninja, Blackout, etc. I'll be here all night if I keep listing characters. The main reason none of these will ever be made is due to the really dark nature of these characters.

Edited by ToaDraco

I assume this thread means 'characters who are of some importance, but probably will be unlucky and not get a figure'. In which case, I can't see us ever getting a Gorilla Grood, Black Manta, or a Hawkgirl figure.

Just pointing this out for its retroactive hilarity.

Snap!

I doubt we'd ever get a Fin-Fang-Foom minifigure...

I mean, he's a big dragon, making him a minifigure is illogical... :laugh_hard:

Sergeant Rock. LEGO never been made a minifigure of him physically since his appearance is being a soldier. Note, any soldier from WWI and WWII are considered military and LEGO will not accept those.

It same applies to General Ross, a Marvel minifigure who appears in the video game not in the sets.

We've gotten military characters before though with Colonel Hardy in the Man of Steel sets and several minifigures in the Indiana Jones line. I don't think thats really an issue for a character like General Ross.

Just pointing this out for its retroactive hilarity.

There are actually a number of names on this list that have apparently moved from highly unlikely to "would be surprised if we don't get" as movies TV and other properties have advanced. I mean we got TWO Rocket Racoon figs! Who would ha imagined that in 2013?

Squirrel Girl - has become something of a wink and nod joke between DC and Marvel. The Internet meme of Marvel will get Squirrel Girl on screen before DC gets Wonder Woman has been taken as a dare. Rumors are SG may be an end credits scene in AoU. I can see someone in Marvel Marketing thinking a Squirrel Girl minifig would be a trip. Either in a set or as an SDCC fig.

Howard the Duck - appears in GotG believe it or not.

Cosmo - appears in GotG. We will likely see him again as the Infinity stuff plays out. Too cute not to consider a fig if the GotG franchise takes off.

Mantis - once again the rise of GotG to the top of Marvels heap combined with the otherwise lack of potential female Guardians and Avengers elevate her chances of making an appearance.