Suspsy

What Marvel/DC Characters Will NEVER Get Minifigures?

While some may be leery of expecting The Punisher, just remember Deadpool's Rated R antics. And he was in the first wave of Marvel Superheroes. In his set, he was accompanied by Wolverine, whose own favourite personal tagline is, "I'm the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice". I mean, Wolvie does use those claws for more than kabobs, bub. Then there's the other minifig in the set, Magneto, who has a less than savory history in The Marvel Universe as well. Drax from the upcoming GOTG Lego sets has skulls tattooed on his torso, but the minifig version of Drax has minifigurized skulls printed on his. So, all things considered, I wouldn't count out The Punisher as a minifig.

I get the distinct impression that TLG figures kids have never been exposed to the violent source material on which these minifigs are based. Any figure could be made, IMO. I pray that TLG's plan is to eventually make every minifig and Bigfig as presented in The Marvel Super Heroes videogame.

Edited by Colossus

We haven't got Bucky as a minifigure yet, but it is probably only a matter of time until we do.

One of the promo figures was a Bucky Barnes Captain America.

For those of you concerned about violent/inappropriate characters being made: Deadpool.

Big Bertha

Arm-fall-off-boy

Dog Welder

The Unicorn

Blob

Tigra

Captain Britain

Molecule Man

Graviton

The Blob and Captian Britain got minifigures in virtual form in the video game. That... kind of counts. ;p

^

Generally speaking,I think this thread is talking about minfigures that people don't think we will ever see in physical form, rather than minifigures we will never see in physical form or in a LEGO game.

Two more for the list:

Mini Sentinel

Mini Destroyer

I'd like a classic Green Goblin, or even the movie style one, using the modern minifig standards. I don't like the old one with the unprinted mask and yellow head, and I certainly don't recognise the new bulky Green Goblin character from the helicopter set. They did give us both styles of Dock Ock in the last year or so, so there's a chance, but I'm not too hopeful....

I wouldn't discount Ghost Rider on the basis of some bad old Cage movie nobody remembers. In fact, I'd say any superhero from either the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom or Injustice games has a strong chance of showing up.

Fan favourites that aren't likely to appear? Yeah.... Power Girl.

Edited by Dunjohn

I was going to say "Detective Chimp" ... But then who would have ever thought we would see "Rocket Raccoon"?

Liam Neeson Ra's Al Ghul

Green Arrow (from Arrow)

Union Jack

Wasn't the "Arrow" version of Green Arrow an SDCC fig from a few years ago?

That's what I thought too, but evidently it was the New 52 version. Very similar in that his beard is stubbly and he has the hood, but with a tiny bit more of a super-suit (brighter greens).

Hate-Monger

Baron Blood

Alexander Pierce

Man-Ape

Michael Clarke-Duncan Kingpin

John Rhys-Davies Kingpin

Morlun

Mephisto

Impossible Man

I'd like a classic Green Goblin, or even the movie style one, using the modern minifig standards. I don't like the old one with the unprinted mask and yellow head

The later sets in that old line (ones released in 2003) actually did have a printed mask, with printing on the eyes and teeth; it was just the first one (from 2002) that didn't.

That said, I myself would love a "classic" Green Goblin.