Sign in to follow this  
TeufelHund

IGN rates their top 10 Lego sets...

All (mostly) large, exclusive sets within the past recent years. Interesting. Obviously most of my favorite are from my childhood since nostalgia kicks in.

All (mostly) large, exclusive sets within the past recent years.

All except for the Galaxy Explorer and Star Wars got two entries... Castle was completely overlooked!

Castle, City/Town, and quite a few others would of fit the bill better !

I don't understand why no train's or modulars made the top 10........pinch of salt time ! :wink:

Not a bad list, but picking 10 from a line as diverse as Lego is a bit...ambitious. And yeah, too many of the sets are from recent times. I don't doubt that Lego has improved with age as part selection has increased, but it still feels a bit weird to see few sets from before 2000.

I'd love to see a ranking based maybe on price range. What's the best collector's set? A-ha! Now we have to judge the Taj Mahal, UCS Millennium Falcon, Tower of Orthanc, Death Star, and all the others against each other. How about: what was the best polybag ever? The best set under 50 parts? 100? 200? 500? 1000? ("Price range" might be a good category, but licensed sets would be priced out of too many categories, and we'd have to adjust for inflation.)

All except for the Galaxy Explorer and Star Wars got two entries... Castle was completely overlooked!

I love me some 6085 Black Monarchs Castle! :drool:

Yellow Castle not featured. Boo!!

I was surprised too. This ought to have made a top 10 list.