Can anyone provide me with a complete list of all of the Master Builders in The LEGO Movie?

I know you have the original characters like Emmet, Wyldstyle, Unikitty, Benny, Virtuvius & MetalBeard, as well as ones like Abraham Lincoln and William Shakespeare (some of which aren't physical like Michelangelo) and so fourth. You then have the many various Collectable Minifigures and DC Universe representatives. I'm not sure if the Star Wars ones count, but there are also single representatives of themes like the other 1980s spacemen, Gandalf, a classic Ghost, Lloyd Garmadon, Johnny Thunder, Milhouse, Lady Pirate, TMNT Michelangelo, NBA Players, Dumbledore, Speed Racer and The Swamp Creature.

Thanks in advance! :classic:

EDIT: Here's a WIP list...

Edited by Transparency for Effect

Here's some I know:

-Emmet

-Wyldstyle

-Batman

-Vitruvius

-Unikitty

-Benny

-MetalBeard

-Superman

-Green Lantren

-Wonder Woman

-Shakespeare

-Michelangelo (Both of them :P)

-Abreham Lincon

-Cleopatra

-Milhouse

-Johnny Thunder

-2002 NBA All stars

-Panda Suit Guy

-Nice Vampire

-Gandalf

-Dumbledore

-Cardio Carrie

-The Lake Monster Green guy from Monster Fighters

-Lady Liberty

-Series 8 Pirate

-Clockwork Female Robot

-Red 1980 Space Guy

-White 1980 Space Guy

-Marsha Queen of Mermaids

-Green Ninja

-El Macho

-Gordon Zola

-Robin Hood

-Speed Racer

-Medusa

-Ghost

All I can think of At the Moment off the top of me head!

Hope it helped :)

Edited by SandMirror38

I'm not sure if the film makes clear what the criteria is for being a "Master Builder." There's certainly a number of characters who are rattled off at "the Dog," but I can't tell if the MBs are supposed to be *everyone* that we see in Cloud Cuckoo Land, or just the ones in The Dog plus whomever had been captured by Lord Business.

....I don't know how to do spoiler tags, so I'll just type a little bit below if you want my thoughts. Scroll past me or just don't read if you don't want to be spoiled.

If we're going with everyone that we see in Cloud Cuckoo Land, the Dog, and President Business' "Think Tank," then it seems like the #1 criteria for a MB is anyone who's a distinct, unique figure in Lego history. In other words, generic characters like basic City or Castle dwellers aren't included. It seems like the bulk of the MBs are licensed characters (the DC heroes, the Ninja Turtles, the NBA All-Stars), characters from the Collectible Minifigures line (Cleopatra, Lady Liberty, Robin Hood, etc.), or characters with unique personalities from specific toy lines (like the Swamp Creature from Monster Fighters).

You'll note that all of these figures end up in Business' "Think Tank," which appears to be a metaphor for the minifigure display panels on Finn's Dad's wall. Look at the photographs of Finn's basement--what minifigures are on the wall? The Master Builders. Think about it--Finn's dad is a nutty Lego collector perfectionist. He's going to collect highly-sought after figures and probably wants complete sets of all the CMFs. Of course they end up on the wall, so of course Finn perceives them as "unique" compared to a regular City dweller. So in Finn's story, his dad's prize figures are the Master Builders who keep getting captured.

Now, I said that generic figures aren't included, but we do see a classic ghost and some 1980s Space characters. My guess is that Finn's dad also prizes "vintage" characters who haven't been around in the last 8 1/2 years. (Wink.) Finn's dad probably prizes some mint condition classic characters--hence, the ghost and the classic Space guy. Why Benny is prized in his condition, we don't know. Maybe he's Finn's dad's first minifigure, became discarded in his condition, but Finn took a liking to him. I'm curious as to what Benny's real-world backstory is--heck, maybe that could be a prequel: how Finn's dad became who he is before the first film?

Well according to Brickipedia (not counting the very main characters, non-physical ones and counting some game-exclusive ones):

DC Universe: Aquaman | The Flash | Green Lantern | Superman | Wonder Woman

Minifigures: Caveman | Circus Clown | Cyclops | Deep Sea Diver | Disco Dude | Egyptian Queen | Forestman | Hazmat Guy | Island Warrior | Lady Liberty | Lady Robot | Lizard Man | Magician | Medusa | Mime | Pirate Captain | Policeman | Punk Rocker | Rapper | Ringmaster | Sleepyhead | Surgeon | Tribal Chief | Vampire | Witch | Yeti | Zookeeper

Original Characters: Abraham Lincoln | Blaze Firefighter | Cardio Carrie | El Macho Wrestler | Gallant Guard | Gordon Zola | Marsha Queen of the Mermaids | Panda Guy | William Shakespeare

Other Themes: Gandalf (LOTR/The Hobbit) | Ghost (classic variant) | Green Ninja (Ninjago) | Johnny Thunder (Adventurers) | Lady Pirate (Pirates) | Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) | Milhouse (The Simpsons) | NBA Player 1 (Basketball) | NBA Player 2 (Basketball) | Professor Dumbledore (Harry Potter) | Shaquille O'Neal (Basketball) | Speed Racer (Speed Racer) | The Swamp Creature (Monster Fighters)

I could make a proper list anyway, but I was already working on that, accidentally closed off the tab and lost my progress. :sceptic:

(I could also possibly say whether they're quite rare or not, for some of them. Speed Racer I was delighted to see was only £1.72 on Bricklink. :classic: )

EDIT: I'll try making a proper list.

Edited by Transparency for Effect

:/ Hard question...

Taking into account that *film spoilers*

everyone is a Master Builder by the end of the film

It's kind of hard to say.

Edited by Cheatster9000x

:/ Hard question...

Taking into account that *film spoilers*

everyone is a Master Builder by the end of the film

It's kind of hard to say.

It was due to that the imaginations of common people were restricted by Lord Business. But if we also count the actaul experience of building, maybe only the original list of mb is correct.