1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What function would an ambulance have

You had to know this was coming, pneumatic patient launcher perhaps? 

Seriously though, an ambulance or UK police care (in neon and blue) might be cool if they came with some new light elements, like maybe 8 LEDs on individual wires, connected to a single port for the smart hub, and a new programmable light sequencer code block so you can make cool emergency flashing lights, fairground lighting or have 4 pairs that can go into a pair of 2x2 trans yellow round bricks in a way that mimics a rotating beacon. Another set of 8 could be used for front/rear indicators, brake lights and headlight. That's two ports used for 16 lights, leaving the remaining 2 ports for drive and steer. EVEN BETTER (dunno if possible) would be if the place where the port spits into the 8 individual wires for the light would incorporate a speaker making it a light and sound module, so the sounds can come from the model itself instead of weirdly coming from the phone!

1 hour ago, allanp said:

You had to know this was coming, pneumatic patient launcher perhaps? 

Seriously though, an ambulance or UK police care (in neon and blue) might be cool if they came with some new light elements, like maybe 8 LEDs on individual wires, connected to a single port for the smart hub, and a new programmable light sequencer code block so you can make cool emergency flashing lights, fairground lighting or have 4 pairs that can go into a pair of 2x2 trans yellow round bricks in a way that mimics a rotating beacon. Another set of 8 could be used for front/rear indicators, brake lights and headlight. That's two ports used for 16 lights, leaving the remaining 2 ports for drive and steer. EVEN BETTER (dunno if possible) would be if the place where the port spits into the 8 individual wires for the light would incorporate a speaker making it a light and sound module, so the sounds can come from the model itself instead of weirdly coming from the phone!

And here I was thinking something like having the normal light brick (the one used in the Batmobile). Two of them could be used to make alternating flashy lights, operated by cams driven by the wheels. Your vision is way more cool and fancy, but also way more unlikely to ever happen.

I've philosophised the same thing. Certainly the older PU gets, the less likely it becomes that such a component is introduced. I don't think it would be too unreasonable a component though.

Maybe for a small 1h 2023 set they could do one of those tiny diggers that people hire in order to dig up their lawn, I see them sometimes when I'm out.

Also we need another backhoe excavator, because its been ages since we got one for technic.

6 hours ago, allanp said:

pneumatic patient launcher perhaps?

Perhaps a pneumatic ram on the front as well could be cool. :tongue:

On 8/8/2022 at 10:22 PM, howitzer said:

Fake engine, steering, maybe gearbox, opening doors (front, side, rear), stretcher which slides smoothly in and out of the back, maybe even a light brick which flashes (turns on and off quickly) when the model is rolled on the floor. I'm sure more can be thought of.

I have proposed an ambulance back in 2020 and it caused some backlash here as many would not perceive this as a proper Technic model. With all the features speculated above I want the stretcher to be made (more like helped) by Grohl. Dude's accessories skills is almost (as Nico71 is a good designer too) unmatched. Another addition (or extension) to the ambulance feature could be pulling out and in the stretcher with Technic controls.

Edited by thekoRngear

While I don't think a large-scale ambulance would be very novel from a mechanical perspective, it would definitely be a good excuse to introduce PU lighting elements more advance than the current pair of white LEDs.

12 minutes ago, thekoRngear said:

It will rush the passengers to death :tongue:

The organ donor market will be happy, though. :excited:

I really liked the first (false) 2022 line-up with IP tractor and backhoe. The post was changed when the real line-up has been announced :-/

The addition of light and sound for PU would be cool, Ambulance/Fire Truck with a dumb battery box would really be good models for this function.

What are your ideas for upcoming flagship models in regards to the recent years? At least the trend for IP-vehicles can be seen...

2013 - 42009 Mobile Crane MK2
2014 - 42030 Volco Wheel Loader
2015 - 42042 Arocs
2016 - 42055 BWE
2017 - 42070 Blue Tow Truck
2018 - 42082 Rough Terrain Crane
2019 - 42100 Liebherr R9800
2020 - 42114 Volvo AH60
2021 - 42131 CAT Dozer
2022/23 - Liebherr Crane

I would rule out a tracked vehicle and a crane. My guess and also my hope would be agricultural/forestry vehicle or a truck combo (e.g. 42062, just in 1:21 scale with 49.5 tires)

LEGO_building_instruction_42062_4.jpg

Edited by Jundis

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Even this is also one of tracked vehicle but I still want see Extreme firefighting vehicle in offical set.

That might be the inspiration for the next 42065/42095 clone. 

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

What are your ideas for upcoming flagship models in regards to the recent years? At least the trend for IP-vehicles can be seen...

The trend is that the flagship will be the biggest/among the biggest machinery of each kind.

There are already

- Biggest front excavator
- Biggest hauler
- Biggest bulldozer
- Biggest crawler crane (I guessed this one correctly based on the previous flagships)

Last year I wrote a list of the remaining biggest things that TLG hasn't done.

- Bucket trench excavator
- Simple hydraulic boom excavator
- Dragline excavator
- 6x6 mobile crane
- 8x8 mobile crane
- Tower crane
- Backhoe 
- Mining dump truck
- Combine harvester
- Biggest front loader

- Biggest reach stacker
- Biggest forklift
- Biggest telehandler

Let's see if the flagship fall into which one for 2023 or 2024 (if the Liebherr crane is released in 2023)

On 8/11/2022 at 7:26 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

...remaining biggest things that TLG hasn't done.

- Mining dump truck

Lego plz don't do it... :sick:

Belaz.jpg

I normally like every heavy equipment for it's purpose-build-looks. But this thing is an abomination beyond comprehension...

My wishlist would be something like this:

Jan 23:
Polybag Firetruck - 50 pcs - 3,99€
Pulling Tractor with small tractor tires - 120 pcs - 9,99€
Monster Jam Monster Mutt - 250 pcs - 19,99€
Monster Jam Ice Cream Man - 250 pcs - 19,99€
Ferrari F40 - 500 pcs - 49,99€
GMC Hummer EV - 600 pcs - 49,99€

Mar 23:

Havilland DHC 515 Firefighter Aircraft - 850 pcs - 99,99€
RC Super Truck - 800 pcs - 149,99€
DBB* CAT Grader with pneumatics - 1100 pcs - 149,99€
Logging Truck with 49,5 tires - 1300 pcs - 149,99€
RC Liebherr LR 13000 - 2882 pcs - 449,99€

August 23:
RC JCB Backhoe - 1500 pcs - 189,99€
RC John Deere 9RX** with plow - 2500 pcs - 229,99€

*DBB = Dumb Battery Box
** Even though I ruled out a tracked vehicle as flagship model :DDD

Edited by Jundis

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

My wishlist would be something like this:

Jan 23:
Polybag Firetruck - 50 pcs - 3,99€
Pulling Tractor with small tractor tires - 120 pcs - 9,99€
Monster Jam Monster Mutt - 250 pcs - 19,99€
Monster Jam Ice Cream Man - 250 pcs - 19,99€
Ferrari F40 - 500 pcs - 49,99€
GMC Hummer EV - 600 pcs - 49,99€

Mar 23:

Havilland DHC 515 Firefighter Aircraft - 850 pcs - 99,99€
RC Super Truck - 800 pcs - 149,99€
DBB* CAT Grader with pneumatics - 1100 pcs - 149,99€
Logging Truck with 49,5 tires - 1300 pcs - 149,99€
RC Liebherr LR 13000 - 2882 pcs - 449,99€

August 23:
RC John Deere 9RX** with plow - 2500 pcs - 229,99€

*DBB = Dumb Battery Box
** Even though I ruled out a tracked vehicle as flagship model :DDD

I like this, but the backhoe should be a flagship model, not just a simple 2H set:grin:

On 8/23/2022 at 10:12 AM, Jundis said:

On 8/23/2022 at 11:32 AM, Jockos said:

I like this, but the backhoe should be a flagship model, not just a simple 2H set:grin:

Amen to that, but it's not easy at that scale.

I have a WIP JCB, potentially 30 functions, of which at least 12 would be pneumatic.  After 250 hours it needs 250 more but it is heading for 1:8 scale flagship super-digger £450 territory!

I have to decide whether variable pneumatic servo steering and pneumatic hydrostatic drive are feasible.  Both functions aim to follow the prototype but need technical performance that I'm not sure the pieces can provide.

Remote control would be drive and steering only, using a City hub, but the digging actions would be hands-on with compressors using the AA battery unit.

Mark

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Kinda hoping one of the next Monster Jam sets is Zombie, mainly 'cos I'd like to see how the arms would be done!

It seems like you are fan of that hose monster jam pullbacks...I must admit sometimes they are very good parts donors

On 9/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, 1gor said:

I must admit sometimes they are very good parts donors

Yes, I believed that for some time, now I have very many pull back motors, begging to be somehow put to use.

Considering matel has both hot wheels and megablocks this will impossible but I want see 'Bone Shaker' monster truck.

1 hour ago, msk6003 said:

Considering matel has both hot wheels and megablocks this will impossible but I want see 'Bone Shaker' monster truck.

Also it's not a Monster Jam truck.

Seeing other themes' decimal anniversaries (Star Wars, Ninjago, HP, etc) I'm curious about what 2027 holds, as it's the 50th anniversary for Technic, and, be honest, the 40th wasn't quite a big hit. Some other things that bugs me are the lack of GWP, and if there will be "side-things" (such as the Daytona book). I realise that Technic isn't that popular among AFOLs (though it IS in the top 5 best selling themes for years), but I think it does need a bit of love to change that :)