2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

That was what I wanted to wrote. :classic:

Hehe

I recently had a chat with a TLG employee and he explained that TLG does need a lot of licenses nowadays. Sometimes we say "why don't they build this or that", but that simply not possible or very hard to obtain a license. A lot of brands, models or even colors are protected. It can be a pain in the butt.

2 hours ago, Jim said:

Hehe

I recently had a chat with a TLG employee and he explained that TLG does need a lot of licenses nowadays. Sometimes we say "why don't they build this or that", but that simply not possible or very hard to obtain a license. A lot of brands, models or even colors are protected. It can be a pain in the butt.

That is good to know :thumbup:

Since I mostly make agriculture machinery; brands are often recognized by unique colour combinations

Edited by I_Igor

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Since I mostly make agriculture machinery; brands are often recognized by unique colour combinations

So, the TLG sets must not only generic-built, but also generic-colored. :ugh:

18 minutes ago, Void_S said:

So, the TLG sets must not only generic-built, but also generic-colored

Easy solution: build everything, from the smallest piece to the largest part, in Black...or Trans clear.

3 minutes ago, efferman said:

Easy solution: build everything, from the smallest piece to the largest part, in Black...or Trans clear.

I would say, Black, or Light bluish gray :laugh:

15 minutes ago, efferman said:

:laugh:

on the bright side, so we can got some parts that are interesting in black color like 11 x 5 "H" frame...

36 minutes ago, Void_S said:

So, the TLG sets must not only generic-built, but also generic-colored. :ugh:

Sarcasm: now we have the answer about various shades of lime (CLAAS Lime is not Lamborghini lime :laugh:)

17 hours ago, efferman said:

You can have your LEGO any colour you like - so long as it's black.

12 minutes ago, MisteryMan said:

You can have your LEGO any colour you like - so long as it's black.

Sounds like Henry Ford

I just tinkered around with the highly likely 81.6 tires and it seems the smaller fenders from the 42125 with the fender extensions fit nicely for eg. a Claas Arion or Axion tractor. Still, the fenders are to high and not wide enough. New fenders for tractors please xDD

Test.png

23 hours ago, I_Igor said:

:laugh:

on the bright side, so we can got some parts that are interesting in black color like 11 x 5 "H" frame...

Sarcasm: now we have the answer about various shades of lime (CLAAS Lime is not Lamborghini lime :laugh:)

The Lamborghini lime isn't always Lamborghini lime!

I am very much in the camp of being excited for these new tires, but I am still not convinced they will work well with the 42122 tires for a tractor. The above render is more confirmation for me; too big and small.

@Jundis how do the new ones look with the 104mm Claas tires?

3 hours ago, allanp said:

The Lamborghini lime isn't always Lamborghini lime!

Yes, you can look that way...

11 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

The above render is more confirmation for me; too big and small.

Honestly they seem fine to me...

I agree with @Thirdwigg; IMHO instead of 81.6 there should be about 90mm tire and about 75mm to fit proportions of modern and upcoming tractors and combine harvesters...

On 4/30/2021 at 5:12 AM, Jundis said:

I just tinkered around with the highly likely 81.6 tires and it seems the smaller fenders from the 42125 with the fender extensions fit nicely for eg. a Claas Arion or Axion tractor. Still, the fenders are to high and not wide enough. New fenders for tractors please xDD

Test.png

Looks like it's for the tractor pulls!

5c5e1b0f3462a.image.jpg?resize=400,307

I'm also interested to see these new wheels in combination with the claas size wheels to see who they look together on a larger scale tractor/blackhoe

There you go:

I think TLG made the right decision with this 81.6 size.

Test2.png

Edit:

I just tested this pic of the Axion 900 on sariels scaler. The given diameter of the bigger 107 tires (13.4 studs) and the 81.6 tire (10.6 studs) fit perfectly.

bbc8b0539eb65122.jpg

Edited by Jundis

@Jundis, classic tractors fit this scale, but Fastrac, Fendt Vario 9, 10 series, John Deere 8 with ILS bigger Deutz Fahr Agrotron, Class Jaguar, Lexion and other harvesters have smaller difference between smaller and bigger wheel. Nevertheless it is nice to become this 81.6 tires :wub:

I've just seen a Koenigsegg among the upcoming lineup of Speed Champion, so a Koeniggsegg license for Technic is also viable in the future. The next premium supercar can be the Koenigsegg Regera.

I'd love to see a Ford GT40 in Bugatti or Lambo size, and since we are wishing, I'd hope they'd do it in the Gulf Orange and Blue color combo. Also anything realistic space related would be cool. 

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Refuse truck with a crane, anyone?

<snip>

Would be great to have one of these. But I don't think there has ever been a proper refuse truck in Technic (42024's container might count but even that's quite different) so I believe the marketing people at TLG don't think very highly of them. Even if it could easily be a really great set.