SheepEater

Future Set Wishes and Speculation

On 8/23/2019 at 11:39 AM, suffocation said:

A four-axle crane with this kind of motorised dual steering, even scaled to Unimog tyres, is definitely feasible

My 5-axle crane has a crab steer system. But the axles are not driven, and it has a rather un-orthodox way of achieving it that doesn't scale well. You can check the instructions to see how it's done, but it's basically: the first and last axles are controlled separately, and a beam running below the whole model is used to interpolate the angles for the other axles. It only works for relatively small/light models.

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-8316/ErikLeppen/five-axle-crane

On a meeting I once saw a proof-of-concept by someone who used linkages to do a 4-axle steering system using 62.4 tyres, where the 1st and last axle were controlled and the others interpolated. I can't remember who the builder was though...

I want the next model in the truck + trailer series (42078, 42098) to be the Technic version of 10244 Fairground Mixer.

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I want the next model in the truck + trailer series (42078, 42098) to be the Technic version of 10244 Fairground Mixer.

Next years entertainer perhaps?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, allanp said:

Next years entertainer perhaps?

Entertainer is the first set in 2H, so it most likely has less than 1000 pieces.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen