As we have now two porsches and also corvette, then it seems, that in some size we may to wait for Merceded GTR, maybe some Ford in technic edition

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Perhaps one of these? 42078 came with a bunch of green parts this year, as did 42080.

I speculated a 9RT (this is an 8RT, same difference)... as a tractor lover, i'd pass out if they released a full flagship tractor. We need rubber tracks that are a bit wider than current tracks to get a decent scale... 

Anything but another car...

2 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

I speculated a 9RT (this is an 8RT, same difference)... as a tractor lover, i'd pass out if they released a full flagship tractor. We need rubber tracks that are a bit wider than current tracks to get a decent scale... 

Anything but another car...

This is my dream. A big green tractor as a flagship set.

Class was green. 

With those larger new sprockets, it wont be big, if it is planned for John Deere

17 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Class was green. 

With those larger new sprockets, it wont be big, if it is planned for John Deere

Yes I meant a dark green John Deer with yellow wheels.

Also it could have a trailer with additional functions.

I don’t think we’ll another car in 2019. Wasn’t there a 2 year gap between the Porsche and Bugatti?

Does it normally work out that new parts in H1 translate into sets in H2?

in that case I’d say a small 4x4 or truck using the small orange arches and hopefully a big tracked bulldozer or some other large construction equipment with the new yellow sprocket gear 

2 hours ago, Yevhen said:

This is my dream. A big green tractor as a flagship set.

I'd love any big flagship tractor! claas was a nice teaser, but not a flagship... i've got a moc on the go at the minute of a xerion with 4x4, 3 diff locks, 2 steering modes, rotating cab, 3 point... tractors have waaaay more functions than a lot of other vehicles. And so much variety - 4 wheel, pivot steer, 4 track, 2 track. Really surprised there aren't more from TLG, it looks like an untapped resource to me... but maybe i'm biased as i love tractors!!

3 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

I'd love any big flagship tractor! claas was a nice teaser, but not a flagship... i've got a moc on the go at the minute of a xerion with 4x4, 3 diff locks, 2 steering modes, rotating cab, 3 point... tractors have waaaay more functions than a lot of other vehicles. And so much variety - 4 wheel, pivot steer, 4 track, 2 track. Really surprised there aren't more from TLG, it looks like an untapped resource to me... but maybe i'm biased as i love tractors!!

The major problem with tractors is the fact that even CLAAS tires make proper tractor to wide...or you need to make tractors (and other agriculture and forestry machinery) with existing tire in size between 1:13.5 - 1:15 ?

39 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

The major problem with tractors is the fact that even CLAAS tires make proper tractor to wide...or you need to make tractors (and other agriculture and forestry machinery) with existing tire in size between 1:13.5 - 1:15 ?

Honestly, I don't see the problem. If TLC would make every model 100% in scale to real world machines they would need to make new parts for every new model they introduce. There are lots of die cast models available to those who want to have a 100% representation of the real thing in smaller scale.

35 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

But wide tractors simply look to unrealistic :wink:

The 42054 CLAAS looks really good. I tried widen it by two studs and I have a hard time deciding what width fits best. Like I said, I don't see the problem. I see Technic as a way of building my own, improved interpretations of real vehicles rather than limit myself to already existing real world creations. To each their own I guess.

My Axion moc using claas tyres on the front and some 3rd party 130mm ones on the rear was to scale, including track width... they do look better if you're at least close to scale. It was tight though, the chassis at the front was 3 wide to allow a decent steering lock. When you looked at it from the back - big fat tyres and a 'narrow' track, it did look realistic proportion-wise.

31 minutes ago, zoo said:

The 42054 CLAAS looks really good. I tried widen it by two studs and I have a hard time deciding what width fits best. Like I said, I don't see the problem. I see Technic as a way of building my own, improved interpretations of real vehicles rather than limit myself to already existing real world creations. To each their own I guess.

Exactly, it is freedom if choice. Off course it is my point of view and no one has to follow my philosophy, but IMHO to see wider tractors it is as it run away from show like "pimp my tractor" or something similar :laugh:

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

My Axion moc using claas tyres on the front and some 3rd party 130mm ones on the rear was to scale, including track width... they do look better if you're at least close to scale. It was tight though, the chassis at the front was 3 wide to allow a decent steering lock. When you looked at it from the back - big fat tyres and a 'narrow' track, it did look realistic proportion-wise.

Your moc was on my mind during my previous post :thumbup:

Just now, I_Igor said:

Your moc was on my mind during my previous post

Too wide?! I'm wounded... :laugh:

Wait until you see my Xerion with 4 of those 130mm tyres! its a monster!!! *huh*

How about an John Deere 9520rx quad track.

The combinaton ob the big new an older smaler sprockets would fit. What you think

Just now, ComMix said:

How about an John Deere 9520rx quad track.

It did cross my mind, but the plastic tracks aren't great for that kind of thing.. we need some proper rubber tracks! i've been trying to find some 3rd party rc tanks ones, but the sizes are wrong... I'd really like to build a big scale 9RT, and a 4 track as well of course! Either JD or Case.

ps I remember getting the model on your avatar when i was about 10 for xmas!!

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

but the plastic tracks aren't great for that kind of thing.

Sure your right. But TLG not always think that way. :grin:

52 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Too wide?! I'm wounded... :laugh:

Wait until you see my Xerion with 4 of those 130mm tyres! its a monster!!! *huh*

No, but about making realistic width :wink:

About your Xerion - I believe will be a monster; my Fastrac with CLASS tires seems to big (and it is in process of reconstruction - steering issue)

Ahhh.. don't talk to me about steering issues!! I'm using rack and pinion, and using gearing to create steering modes introduces slop... it seems small until you put wheels on and its about 10 degrees of steering!! I can live with it for now as the rest of the chassis is finished, but i'm already planning a Version 2 with LA's..

I looked at fastrac's as a moc idea, they're a great vehicle. I'll have a go at one at some point!

Just wish TLG would explore this area more - imagine a licenced fastrac?! It would be awesome. or a big Case or JD. so many different form factors - cars are all the same (:laugh: sorry car fans!!), gearbox and suspension. tractors? Conventional, articulated, tracked, articulated with tracks.. and Case Magnums with tracks on the rear. Endless variety!!

Sorry.. i've gone on for long enough now!! Just love tractors :wub: 

It is OK, a bit off-topic; tractors had modern diesel engines decades before commercial propaganda with cars, and one thing why Fastrac (and few other systems tractors) are on  my to-do list is full suspension. Rack and pinion is more precisely (that is why after 2 years of experimenting I have implemented it again on my Unimog), but can not be used when you need more steering modes...which btw are also used in telehandler, backhoe loaders ... Xerion steering is great, but not usable on suspended axles...

My guess for 2019 2H: Any PF set will use only the L motor. M motor and the PF upgrade set have not appeared since 2018 1H. If the flagship is RC, it will be tracked, have 2 L motors, and a switch system like that in 42070. There will be 4 or 6 PF functions, 2 of which will be independent tracks. Maybe it's the modern version of 8043 or 8275. If the flagship is not RC, it will be like 42043, with 3 or 4 PF functions and some Pneumatic ones.

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

My guess for 2019 2H: Any PF set will use only the L motor. M motor and the PF upgrade set have not appeared since 2018 1H. If the flagship is RC, it will be tracked, have 2 L motors, and a switch system like that in 42070. There will be 4 or 6 PF functions, 2 of which will be independent tracks. Maybe it's the modern version of 8043 or 8275. If the flagship is not RC, it will be like 42043, with 3 or 4 PF functions and some Pneumatic ones.

That is most plausible because from Christmas time this year we will have new bigger yellow sprockets ant it would be perfect for dozer :wink:

And about plastic tracks there is this small piece to make better traction.

What actual size is the new sprocket?

It may be big enough for a decent sized flagship dozer, or a moc quadtrack... i still think the plastic tracks are a bit limiting, construction only really. Having said that, a construction flagship would be awesome. 42070 and a few cars is slim pickings unless you love cars!

@TeamThrifty, they are very similar in size to wheel racing medium (7 studs if you are not including teeth)

Edited by I_Igor