12 hours ago, msk6003 said:

And I want some technical railroad equipment which can work on lego train rail. 

I don't think train-mounted equipment would work well, because of the scale. Railside equipment like loading/unloading stations (a la GBC train system) might give some possibilities.

As the (my) wishes for a cement mixer for years has been heard by now, i am very happy to mod it once available.

The one thing i am wishing in future is an orange refuse-truck (european style) in a similar size. Maybe shaped like the 8109 Flatbed truck.

I also liked the current Car Transporter, it´s a nice and neat idea. Thumbs up on this one too.

Another unusual, never seen before idea, might be an amphibic truck. 

5 hours ago, pleegwat said:

I don't think train-mounted equipment would work well, because of the scale. Railside equipment like loading/unloading stations (a la GBC train system) might give some possibilities.

Bigger scale :grin:

New Technic rails would be nice. 

For the 49.5mm tyre truck sets, I'd like to see a logging truck and trailer with a grapple/crane, and maybe even a self steering trailer. Something in the range of 42078 so that it's impressive, but still affordable. It could maybe even use the thin pneumatics:

brand_palfinger_epsilon_1024.jpgPALFINGER-EPSILON_F1A6987.jpeg

@ArsMan064 already made something similar, although without pneumatics:

800x450.jpg

The only potential issue I could see would be needing to find an appropriate load, because I highly doubt Lego would tank 1000 pieces into logs. Perhaps sticks like in the last photo?

Edited by Bartybum

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

For the 49.5mm tyre truck sets, I'd like to see a logging truck and trailer with a grapple/crane, and maybe even a self steering trailer. Something in the range of 42078 so that it's impressive, but still affordable. It could maybe even use the thin pneumatics

Currently tinkering with this idea of making exactly such a model :-)

But Arocs-Size (1:17) would work better in my opinion as, even though the model of @ArsMan064 looks great.

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

The only potential issue I could see would be needing to find an appropriate load, because I highly doubt Lego would tank 1000 pieces into logs. Perhaps sticks like in the last photo?

Sadly I doubt Lego will add a full load of wood. More likely they will add 2 or 3 logs like in the 42080 or 42094.

If you think about it, it is really strange: You need a mobile phone for >150 € for all control+ models, but collecting some sticks from outside is impossible to imagine... What a strange world we are living in :D 

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

But Arocs-Size (1:17) would work better in my opinion as, even though the model of @ArsMan064 looks great.

You see, I had thought about that initially, but I think at that scale the truck would need to have both fully sprung suspension and motorized pneumatics, both of which would just blow the cost out of proportion. That's all without even considering the trailer. At the end you'd be looking at a $250-300 USD set, which is uncomfortably expensive for the amount of play you can get out of it. 64.2mm wheels are just unnecessary for something like this, and only serve to make the set bigger for the sake of being bigger, which is (imo) quite dumb.

Honestly, I think 49.5mm scale is by far the best. You'd get a highly playable and affordable model that would only cost around $180-200, and can fit on the shelf, AND goes very well with all your other 49.5mm scale trucks.

Edited by Bartybum

2 hours ago, Jundis said:

I think we had something similar - set 9397

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

You see, I had thought about that initially, but I think at that scale the truck would need to have both fully sprung suspension and motorized pneumatics, both of which would just blow the cost out of proportion. That's all without even considering the trailer. At the end you'd be looking at a $250-300 USD set, which is uncomfortably expensive for the amount of play you can get out of it. 64.2mm wheels are just unnecessary for something like this, and only serve to make the set bigger for the sake of being bigger, which is (imo) quite dumb.

Honestly, I think 49.5mm scale is by far the best. You'd get a highly playable and affordable model that would only cost around $180-200, and can fit on the shelf, AND goes very well with all your other 49.5mm scale trucks

You have a point here, although that was exactly why the 42043 is so brilliant as it's really fully functional with its suspension and everything. The retail price of the Arocs was 230€, which was a really good deal for a PF-set with 2800 pieces. I think such a wood truck would be in the same area, as the dolly trailer is less than 500 pieces, while on the ruck we have one axle less and no dump bed and mechanics for that. Also twin tires (62.4) always reign supreme over single tires (49.5).

Haas_Holz_01_2405136-680x453.jpg

44 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I think we had something similar - set 9397

Yep, but without a trailer. Also this set is from 2012. How many cranes, excavators and race cars did we have since then? ;-)

Edited by Jundis

12 minutes ago, Jundis said:

You have a point here, although that was exactly why the 42043 is so brilliant as it's really fully functional with its suspension and everything. The retail price of the Arocs was 230€, which was a really good deal for a PF-set with 2800 pieces. I think such a wood truck would be in the same area, as the dolly trailer is less than 500 pieces, while on the ruck we have one axle less and no dump bed and mechanics for that. Also twin tires (62.4) always reign supreme over single tires (49.5).

Yep, but without a trailer. Also this set is from 2012. How many cranes, excavators and race cars did we have since then? ;-)

Something like 8868 with a trailer, combined with Arocs-like depth of functionality. It should of course include a pneumatic crane with long-stroke cylinders, especially the thin one, which is long overdue for reuse. Now there would be a proper flagship.

I also have to wonder why fire response vehicles are so underrepresented in the Technic line, as they have always been very prominent in City, and would offer many opportunities for interesting functions. Of course many functions for them are essentially the same as your general mobile crane, but a firetruck would still stand out from the current lineup.

19 hours ago, mortenm said:

Bigger scale :grin:

New Technic rails would be nice. 

But then it wouldn't be compatible with current lego rails. Probably rail gauge around 8 studs centre-to-centre (cars 15 studs wide) would work well for technic, but I'm not sure how large the turning radius would be.

10 hours ago, Jundis said:

If you think about it, it is really strange: You need a mobile phone for >150 € for all control+ models, but collecting some sticks from outside is impossible to imagine... What a strange world we are living in :D 

I like testing/displaying excavator sets and such with smooth pebbles, which tends to look and act better than plastic. I wouldn't use sand or dirt because of wear, and I don't like my set getting dirty.

14 hours ago, Jundis said:

Thank you a lot!

19 hours ago, Bartybum said:

@ArsMan064 already made something similar, although without pneumatics

Thank you for mention! To be honest, in this scale a little hard to play with manipulator. Simple crane would be more acceptable and more comfortable to use

What I would really like is a new version of this:

8094control.JPG

... but for Control+.

Would be a lot more fun than  using your phone, and you would be able to build stuff like a steering wheel, gear knob, ... on top of it to create realistic controls for your creation.

My future set speculations have these things completely Unwanted ?:

• Foolishness (hint: Osprey)
  • Controversies
  • Color inconsistency
  • Gears of war (cracking/clicking)
Edited by thekoRngear

5 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Chinook... using all parts (plus additional)of V-22?

Not going to happen, considering how the Osprey turned out. Chinook is also a military aircraft, and if Osprey is against policy, then so is Chinook.

29 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Not going to happen, considering how the Osprey turned out. Chinook is also a military aircraft, and if Osprey is against policy, then so is Chinook.

I do think it's gonna happen 2 or 4 years from now. TLG seems to not want to repeat themselves, and every two years there is gonna be a 120 EUR 1000+ pcs motorized aircraft slot. There are only a  number of complex aircraft types unexplored left for the A model:

- Tandem Helicopter. Basically a more refined 42052 B. Lately TLG seems to take the previously released B models and make them more refined and release them as A models. For example 42030 B -> 42114

- Variable Wing Sweep Air Craft. A bigger 9394 A

- Intermeshing Rotor Helicopter. A more refined 9396 B

- Front Propeller Plane.

- Bi Plane.

- Rotodyne.

- Quadcopter.

- Eurocopter X3.

Do expect to see those types taking their turns to occupy that slot.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

18 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

- Front Propeller Plane.

- Bi Plane.

That could be something mechanically interesting, and never done in Technic before. Plus, there are a lot of stunt biplanes around, so TLG could have that excuse.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

That could be something mechanically interesting, and never done in Technic before. Plus, there are a lot of stunt biplanes around, so TLG could have that excuse.

That would be great to see it, with all these ailerons, rudders, possible variable propeller pitch. Damn, it has a great potential for PF (sorry Control+), may be even better that that Osprey!

16 hours ago, AVCampos said:

While I do wish to see a large 1000+pcs biplane, I can't really figure out the potential functions to make it merit that slot. Motorized propeller, control surface, and maybe motorized retractable gear? Biplanes don't have winches or ramps or openable nose or tiltable rotors.

I'd still like just a regular helicopter but with a realistic swash plate and full cyclic and collective control of the main rotor and pitch control of the tail rotor.

https://images.app.goo.gl/g8FsxSfFQF7PdNhy5

Maybe something like this could reuse the bell licence and parts in dark grey and orange.