Since the Concrete Mixer Truck and the Volvo use the Corvette wheel arch in LBG, that means some kind of car that uses LBG Corvette wheel arch is coming :moar:

Since it's pretty much a fact that Lego Technic release a Volvo product every 2 years, I wanna speculate about the potential upcoming releases.

Volvo product lines include:

- Wheel loader
- Hauler
- Tracked excavator
- Wheeled excavator
- Mine dumper
- Paver
- Rollers
- Pipelayers
- Demolition excavator

Since TLG seems to go for the biggest product in a line (L350F wheel loader, A60H hauler), I think we will see a Volvo EC750E or EC950F in the future. And then a Mine dumper R100E.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, Maaboo35 said:

Something with a B-model, please.

The design of the B-models has been officially outsourced to @grohl 's yt-channel :X.

@Ngoc Nguyen a smaller model like the 42053 / EW160E would be nice, too :)

14 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Since it's pretty much a fact that Lego Technic release a Volvo product every 2 years, I wanna speculate about the potential upcoming releases.

Volvo product lines include:

- Wheel loader
- Hauler
- Tracked excavator
- Wheeled excavator
- Mine dumper
- Paver
- Rollers
- Pipelayers
- Demolition excavator

Since TLG seems to go for the biggest product in a line (L350F wheel loader, A60H hauler), I think we will see a Volvo EC750E or EC950F in the future. And then a Mine dumper R100E.

Question is for how many years license contract was made :wink:

But your suggestions are plausible; according the pattern so far in 2022 and 2024 Volvo set would not be a flagship...

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I wonder any of these will get rebranded as a "race helicopter".

:laugh:

And Tanks as "Tracked emergency vehicles with multi-purpose tube" 

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I wonder any of these will get rebranded as a "race helicopter".

No, it's going to be recoloured in white and labelled as a "medical helicopter" that shoots pills.

29 minutes ago, Jundis said:

And Tanks as "Tracked emergency vehicles with multi-purpose tube"

No, "extreme firefighting vehicles".

:laugh:

Edited by AVCampos
Replaced with better video

Since 42113 has raised the bar for technical complexity in large Technic aircraft, I'd like to venture a guess on what may surpass 42113. I think the final frontier is a helicopter with proper cyclic and collective pitch. This one can be a 1h or even 2h flagship.

Other aircrafts with possibilities of compex technical design include variable wings aircraft (9394 A), tandem rotor helicopters (42025 B)

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the final frontier is a helicopter with proper cyclic and collective pitch. This one can be a 1h or even 2h flagship.

Oh jesus, imagine the "my son can't put this together, it doesn't work" emails to Lego support lmao

I still am hoping for a surprise 2020 set. Heard somewhere in this forum Grohl did not make any model this year (yet). Add to that Lego's foolishness regarding Osprey- needing yet another (official) set this year is not too much demanding it seems. Rumors come routinely sets come out routinely. yawn, a surprise set could be a good fun to look at. It could be something which is very experimental like the 42110 with huge amount of gears or something else ?

Edited by thekoRngear

In all seriousness though, I'd be really keen to see one of those old historic aircraft with tether/cable based controls. That would be super cool

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

old historic aircraft

Already mentioned this multiple times before: Lego should consider introducing a "Technic Classics" lineup within the Technic branch, which deals with older vehicles, where more mechanical functions are present. Something like a Steamroller with Chain-Steering, old tractors with trailer, classic cars (racecars from the 20s with chain drive) and so on. This historic aircraft  is also an awesome example.

50 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oh jesus, imagine the "my son can't put this together, it doesn't work" emails to Lego support lmao

Slap an "18+" label on it and you're done.

A new Motorcross Dirt Bike set could be nice, last one was 2013.

The 2017 BMW was more like a dual-purpose travel bike with the luggage compartments.

If licensed, could be anything Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, Husqvarna, or Yamaha.

I know LEGO has done motorcycles like the Creator Harley, or Ducati Panigale very recently as well, but no Motorcross sets for a while.

Edited by TeriXeri

Regarding aircraft, I wouldn't mind seeing some smaller general aviation stuff in the 1-2k piece range:

• a taildragger, like a Piper Cub or Maule M-7
  • an ultralight helicopter, like a Mosquito

On 7/27/2020 at 2:45 PM, Jundis said:

Already mentioned this multiple times before: Lego should consider introducing a "Technic Classics" lineup within the Technic branch, which deals with older vehicles, where more mechanical functions are present. Something like a Steamroller with Chain-Steering, old tractors with trailer, classic cars (racecars from the 20s with chain drive) and so on. This historic aircraft  is also an awesome example.

Sounds awesome. Not sure if it is directly related to this- a bit interesting thing that I observed is- before putting the final body to the chassis of sets like 42110 42111 42056 etc. the Technic looks really technical and to my taste, more appealing. When you put the seats on the chassis of 42110 it looks really cool. 

Same to say when 42056 is in this stage 

800x450.jpg

Edited by thekoRngear

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the final frontier is a helicopter with proper cyclic and collective pitch.

If this ever gets done officially, I expect a dedicated part which is near impossible to reuse for anything else.

8 hours ago, Bartybum said:

In all seriousness though, I'd be really keen to see one of those old historic aircraft with tether/cable based controls. That would be super cool

The old flex system was nice for things like that. Unfortunately, I broke quite some of my flex wires due to carelessness, and I suspect they wouldn't re-introduce those parts due to fragility. Actual thread could be an alternative; they'd have to introduce a decent tensioning system but that seems reasonable.

On 7/17/2020 at 8:09 PM, AVCampos said:

This will be great model. As we are all know, technic need more firefighting vehicle. If I remember correctly, only 3 firefighting vehicle A model in technic.

And I want some technical railroad equipment which can work on lego train rail.