Let's speculate on the future use of the XL LAs!

I'd say a Liebherr Mining Dump Truck. Maybe the next mobile crane. 

I still think the 42082 is the proper place to introduce the XL LAs.

A linear actuator is a very versatile element (unlike, say, an excavator bucket), as we had the opportunity to see for the past 10 years. I don't think the large version will be restricted to any specific use.

Just now, AVCampos said:

I don't think the large version will be restricted to any specific use

But it will be restricted to a specific scale 

21 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Let's speculate on the future use of the XL LAs!

I'd say a Liebherr Mining Dump Truck. Maybe the next mobile crane. 

I still think the 42082 is the proper place to introduce the XL LAs.

Liebherr T264 can be made with Unimog tires to approximately fit the scale of 42100 set. But there is one more interesting fact; now LEGO has licenses for Liebherr and CLAAS. Why I'm connecting those two manufacturers; they develop together telehandler that is called Scorpion and what do you know, new big LAs can be used on telehandler as well

https://www.claas.co.uk/fascination-claas/current/claas-news/claas-presents-the-new-scorpion-series-of-telehandlers--developed-in-cooperation-with-liebherr-/1417196

Just now, I_Igor said:

develop together telehandler

Great spot!! I hadn't realised that... 

I would a shorter LA, the mini ones are too weak, but a shorter one thats 'full width' if you follow me would be very useful... but these XL ones show i'm not the only one that like a big scale model!!!

Torion has a Liebherr engine... but is very similar to the Volvo wheeled loader

https://www.claas.co.uk/products/wheel-loaders/torion-1914-1177 

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

Great spot!! I hadn't realised that... 

I would a shorter LA, the mini ones are too weak, but a shorter one thats 'full width' if you follow me would be very useful... but these XL ones show i'm not the only one that like a big scale model!!!

I wanted to make Scorpion years ago, but just did not find time for it and then Unimog came out but it was unplayable due to very difficult steering, so I have decided to make smaller Unimog that ended up last year in 1;15 scale...the development after this is well known...Telehandler could be done with existing tractor tires, but then it will be big one in 1:12 scale; Hm it could fit Unimog U400...

Now that we have planetary gear hubs with stronger joints, there's nothing stopping TLG from teaming up with Tatra to bring us a remote controlled 8x8 truck.

Still hoping we can one day get a Mega Windmill Transporter type thing with a self steering Scheuerle trailer :(

6 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Now that we have planetary gear hubs with stronger joints, there's nothing stopping TLG from teaming up with Tatra to bring us a remote controlled 8x8 truck.

I'm very curious what kind of solution will LEGO come up with for this purpose; some new part to enable extra stiffness is always welcome.

I have a feeling that seeing the introduced panels in DBG, we might get a supercar in that color for 2020...

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Now that the Liebherr license is a thing, I hope so hard for a crawler crane.

Perhaps is crawler crane B model...

TBH I'm expecting the R9100 backhoe - i.e. pretty much identical except for the arm. It's an easy out, a legitimate model even if we might not consider it a 'real' B model.

But I'd love something more!

I've been thinking about a BWE made with small tracks. I wonder which parts can be used for the hollow rings and the buckets.

Maybe pulley wheels can serve as the hollow rings.

On 1/30/2019 at 1:38 PM, Zerobricks said:

Now that we have planetary gear hubs with stronger joints

What details do we actually have for these? I know they're a thing, but how to they mount.. size ect? Any reliable info? I'll definitely be buying some as soon they're available...

36 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

What details do we actually have for these? I know they're a thing, but how to they mount.. size ect? Any reliable info? I'll definitely be buying some as soon they're available...

I know I'll need 13 of them. 12 to use, one to find out what's the end of it. :look: 

The only report I met told it to be not too different, but slightly bigger than the current mold. He claimed it had metal gearing, but only on "how it felt" he had no visual or any other backup on that. I expect something similar planetary system, what they aready use in the PF motors. That doesn't feel plastic so much as it is. And it is an existing, more less prooven system. 

He also said it had 1 to 4 reduction. Giving the fact that the whole post sounded like a description given by my 8 year old niece,  I would say that is a lot. I expect 1 to 3. That ratio has a big tradition in TLG. And you don't need stronger joints behind a 1to4 reduction, do you?

On the geometry: given that they use the 56x34 rims (as much as that single blurry picture assumes) I guess it keeps the 5L setup , so the steering linkage geometry remains the same. It could and must however grow in some direction, so it is either taller than 3 stud, or/and become "deeper" so the wheel gets further from the kingpin. If it will fit in the porsche rim, I'll be the happiest nerd on the globe. :def_shrug:

Disclsure: All the above is speculation, built on high hopes and an unprofesional report from Idon'tknowwho.:sweet: 

I have no idea about the stronger joints, yet it is a crutial point to support the hub.

Sintered powder metal gears might be worth the added expense as it will be under more torque, and therefore more stress than the planetary set inside PF motors. Bearings might also be needed due to lateral side loading of the wheels forcing the gears to unmesh and jam. The 1:4 reduction also makes sense, as when the sun and planet gears are of equal size, and when the sun is the input and the planet carrier is the output, you get a 1:4 gear reduction. If however the outer ring gear is the output you get a 1:3 reduction and a reversal of output rotation relative to the input rotation. In real life it's often (if not always) the planet carrier that's the output. 

hopefully these are fairly adaptable too - be nice to use them inboard as well as outboard which would maintain the wheel-to-kingpin distance. 

18 hours ago, Attika said:

He also said it had 1 to 4 reduction. Giving the fact that the whole post sounded like a description given by my 8 year old niece,  I would say that is a lot. I expect 1 to 3. That ratio has a big tradition in TLG. And you don't need stronger joints behind a 1to4 reduction, do you?

Hi Attika, taking into account the usual ratios of planetary gears (in reduction mode, when the outer rim is stopped), the value is 1 + OuterTeeth / SolarInnerTeeth that is in about 2.5 - 5 range. I still believe that it's 1/4 or x4, as the most rigid assembly is possible when the idle and solar gears (and their axles) are the same. So, the outer radius = solar radius + idle diameter and it equals to solar radius*3 in this case. As the result, the ratio is 1 + 3solar / 1solar = 1 + 3 = 4. :wink:

21 hours ago, Void_S said:

Hi Attika, taking into account the usual ratios of planetary gears (in reduction mode, when the outer rim is stopped), the value is 1 + OuterTeeth / SolarInnerTeeth that is in about 2.5 - 5 range. I still believe that it's 1/4 or x4, as the most rigid assembly is possible when the idle and solar gears (and their axles) are the same. So, the outer radius = solar radius + idle diameter and it equals to solar radius*3 in this case. As the result, the ratio is 1 + 3solar / 1solar = 1 + 3 = 4. :wink:

Point taken, and it is a fair point. Yet I still expect a smaller ratio. This is how stubborn I am. :grin: If you're right, it's gonna be painfully slow. We'll see anyway.

I think the B model of the spider crane is a tracked pile driver.

Hình ảnh có liên quan

Four yellow horizontal stabilizers. The XL LA can be used to push the pile forward. The Telescopic mechanism can be used to lower the pile. The winch can be used to ramp the post like the way things work in 42082 B.