2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

The day I see Lego produce an RC pneumatic set i

The new valve was produced for a reason... the old one wasn't great, but if they didn't have plans for it, why release a new one with an axle hole... not saying the hoped-for excavator will have it, but i wouldn't risk my foot on it not happening..

I don't think the upcoming excavator, assuming there's an upcoming escavator, will use the same 4-motor setup as 8043. 8043 uses M motors, and they have been kinda unofficially retired. Also, Technic designers most of the time come up with new design for old types of machine. They dont repeat themselves.

If anything, I think it would use two L motors and has two concurrent  3-way gearboxes, like the setup in 42070:

First gearbox switches between drive mode and operation mode. In drive mode, the two L motors drive the tracks. In operation mode, the two L motors are routed to the second gearbox.
Second gearbox switches between [superstructure rotation + first stage LAs] and [second stage LA + third stage LA]

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Since the 8043, there have been two major developments in Technic technology (besides the L motor): the servo and the wave selector. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Chiron-like gearbox with the paddles replaced by a servo and the wave selectors switching between functions instead of gear ratios.

This would allow a single motor to power 4 functions; of course, such a mechanism would be huge, especially in the most interesting case of a servo controlling multiple motors and their respective gearboxes, but that's what huge Technic sets are for...

You can't easily run 4 positions off a servo, 3 is more likely. Though I could see a manually controlled switch to a wave selector to allow 2 motors to control 8 functions.

Since a PF remote has 2 channels, a 2 or 4 motor model seems more likely than a 3 motor one. However we do not yet know what PU brings for technic; if there is a 4-channel technic hub this makes a 3 motor model more likely IMO.

I do not think the new pneumatic switches were made to be motor controlled, among other reasons because the positions aren't 90° apart. More likely I expect them to be used to be able to separate the place a pneumatic function is controlled from the actual switch, and possibly to allow multiple pneumatic circuits to be switched together.

I don't mean driving the wave selector directly by the servo (which would indeed give the 3 positions, but you'd have to hold the remote's lever for two of them), but using the servo to actuate a stepper mechanism like the Chiron's shifter paddles. That would allow 4 outputs and you'd only need to touch the remote's lever to shift.

Well, I wasn't to far off when I speculated 6 months ago that TLG will hopefully produce McLaren Senna. I just missed the theme. They did it in Speed Champions style.

I've just found out that there's a thing called All Terrain Spider Excavator. That thing is definitely flagship material.

@Ngoc Nguyen there is also another name for it (if the one driver who I spoke it when this excavator was used in one park) - walking excavator; something like this (I suppose) was on your mind

csm_m5-001_3138f7c865.jpg

It would be also great set - some solutions from Volvo excavator could be used :wink:

... actually it was exactly this brand

S12_6.jpg

https://www.kaiser.li/products/s12-allroad/

Edited by I_Igor

2 hours ago, pagicence said:

There is one brilliant of those built on youtube. Menzi Muck I believe.

I suppose you think about this one

and I think this was the topic for it

Edited by I_Igor

As some speculation suggest that we might get the PUp system in the summer release, what do you think guys, how long will the pf booster set (8293) be on shelves? Because as far as I know it's been with us since 2008! So it might just have the right time to retire...:laugh:

Can we say it's the oldest and unchanged set of present day?

Also, would it be possible to get a similar booster set in the new system?

Edited by Jockos

I saw it hour ago in Mueller store on my way home from work (do not ask me what I am doing on my working place from 7:20 to 19:00 :innocent:), so it will be deffenetly available here for some time

On 1/16/2019 at 5:23 PM, I_Igor said:

@Ngoc Nguyen there is also another name for it (if the one driver who I spoke it when this excavator was used in one park) - walking excavator; something like this (I suppose) was on your mind

csm_m5-001_3138f7c865.jpg

It would be also great set - some solutions from Volvo excavator could be used :wink:

... actually it was exactly this brand

S12_6.jpg

https://www.kaiser.li/products/s12-allroad/

It was a Techlug Contest --> http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9320

and the result --> http://www.techlug.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9517

and I build one --> 

Edited by juGSI16V

I'd say elephant is a Mercedes Truck. It's big and it's grey, like an elephant should be. Besides, the first Mercedes truck was released in 2011, and the second one in 2015. 2019 would be the perfect year for a third.

Last year I bricklinked parts to build the 42070 B because I thought paying the full price for 42070 just for the B model and a bunch of unused pieces wasnt worth it. I didnt think I'd have much use for 4 telescopic gear racks and the turntables. But since there's an upcoming spidercrane with the possibility of having 4 or 5 telescopic gear racks, I feel like :wall: If I had ordered a 2nd 42070, I would have been able to harvest those spare parts to build the spidecrane and will not have to buy a spidercrane set 

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I would have been able to harvest those spare parts to build the spidecrane and will not have to buy a spidercrane set 

Surely half the pleasure is buying and opening a big box of new lego, opening the numbered bags and enjoying the new shiny parts.... if that joy has left you, you're missing half of it!! Even if i could download the instructions and build a set from my parts (which i probably could a lot of the time), i wouldn't. I love the New Box experience!!! 

Someone did a RC spider crane

The upcoming spidercrane may be like that, without the RC. The all 4 outriggers are coupled together and are driven by a knob through worm gear. Leaving them separate like those in the 42078 trailer would take too much space.

When I saw what you have found; my first thought was something like this could be official set. What I miss on this creation is driving ring control with change over catch piece...

I still prefer the version with two-section foldable outriggers, but since this set only has 900 pieces, it'd more likely to have one-section outriggers.

Given the current design trends, I also think the set's gonna include some props and outrigger plates.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:36 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

the first Mercedes truck was released in 2011, and the second one in 2015. 2019 would be the perfect year for a third.

From your keyboard to TLG's screens.

Edited by pagicence

There is a saying "from your mouth, to god's ears" (literal translation). It means whatever you are saying that it should become a reality. In this case, the thing you wrote it should end up on TLG's screens, so that they can see it and make it. Mercedes truck for 2019 :thumbup:.