I'm building a volvo ec750e excavator in the size of the 8043 and the linear actuators / pneumatics are a little too short. A bigger excavator with the new sprocket wheels would require very long actuators / pneumatics.

So, or the excavator will not have the new sprockets wheels, or we will see also bigger actuators / pneumatics. Or the new sprockets wheels will not be used in an excavator.

11 hours ago, mpj said:

or we will see also bigger actuators / pneumatics

Or brick built actuators, however unlikely.

20 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Mercedes-Benz does make both trucks and cars, and so does Volvo.

However, I believe Volvo cars and construction equipment actually belong to different companies, so I don't know if the existing licensing agreement with TLG covers that.

You are right on both...my assumption is that there will be a generic Corvette-like car; something like truck on BWE...

but good question (that crosses my mind) is whether it will be licensed set or not. In case of licensed set good question is what car would it be, so it would be much easier to make non-licensed set...there is another question - if set will not be licensed, can it use solutions like suspension from Arocs as example? ?

8 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Or brick built actuators, however unlikely.

What you commented has sense, so I believe that it is time for dozer...last nice dozer was in 2014 (and in 2007 before it)?

...or I have to BrickLink better :laugh:

Edited by I_Igor

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

if set will not be licensed, can it use solutions like suspension from Arocs as example? ?

I guess that comes down to whether the suspension mechanism is patented or not; for example, I have a faint idea about the suspension in Tatra trucks being patented.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

I guess that comes down to whether the suspension mechanism is patented or not; for example, I have a faint idea about the suspension in Tatra trucks being patented.

Yes, that is good question and answer will be in a few months.

8 hours ago, I_Igor said:

so I believe that it is time for dozer..

..please, please, please.... something big and rufty tufty. technic in style, not 'pretty' and brick built. proper hairy chested beast of a thing. thats all. 

With TLG's tendency to reuse existing moulds as much as possible (they even managed to reuse the huge Volvo-specific bucket), I really don't doubt we'll be seeing the large sprocket more often.

18 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

With TLG's tendency to reuse existing moulds as much as possible (they even managed to reuse the huge Volvo-specific bucket), I really don't doubt we'll be seeing the large sprocket more often.

I just hope that TLC will make them in another color (e.g. black) than yellow, but even with yellow I have idea what to do :devil:

51 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Wait until TLG reuses it for the 3rd time in a behemoth Volvo EC750E

10 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

(JD 9RT)

Actually it is 8600 harvester or S series harvester with front tracks and CLAAS tire on rear

John-Deere-S-Series-Brazilian-Edition.jp

But first I have to finish 2 systems tractors...

8 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

:thumbup::thumbup:

My first goal was (already in 2016) to make CLASS Jaguar, but my attempts with existing parts were disappointment, so I took all that "terratrac" versions apart...but now back to present day, after today's obligation JCB Fastrac is waiting...

Anyone wants to venture a guess for the B model of the spider crane? 

I think the spider crane will have a turntable and at least 1 telescopic rack. Or even 5 racks if the outriggers use them.

Maybe the B model can be some kind of concept machinery with 4 extendable tracks like the one at the back of the 42081 instruction.

Screenshot 2018-12-30 14.43.02

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

@Ngoc Nguyen B version actually could be something like Volvo conceptual excavator (not necessary in yellow) because spider cranes have stabilizers and tracks with small sprockets (but there are only 4 of them usually)

I'm imagining these things about the spidercrane:

- Manual superstructure rotation, with a knob.

- Two concentric functions passing through the turntable, using the yellow extender and the blue 20z clutch gear. The blue gear will be at the bottom and be meshed perpendicularly with a tan 12z half gear to increase torque. One function will extend the telescopic rack, and one will control the winch. The knobs for these functions will be located in the back.

- Manual crane raising with a LA. Two knobs on both sides for this.

- Some kind of load is included in the set for playability.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

In general there are two kinds of spider crane based on outrigger design.

The first one has two-section foldable telescopic outriggers, like this

3a6acee1038521f5f183cdaddf47bd23.jpg

The second type has one-section telescopic outriggers

164554.png

The first type has 3 outrigger movements: radial spreading, unfolding, and telescopic extension. The second type only has 2: radial spreading, and telescopic extension.

I think the upcoming set will be the second type, because the first type would be too complicated for a 900 piece set, assuming the outriggers use the Arocs gear racks.

The telescopic extension function will probably be implemented like the boom in 42062. The outriggers should be able to tuck in neatly, so they will need to swing outwards. That means there have to be functions limiters to limit the spreading, and some horizontal locking mechanisms to hold the outriggers in place. Since the gear racks will be right next to each other when tucked, the place for the locking mechanisms will be very limited. I still can't figure out how the radial spreading function is implemented.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I also think it will be second type and it could be easily this black and red color combination because there are already available all needed parts in this colors, or TLC is planing to make bigger model with new xl sprockets ?

Jim said there's gonna be a big excavator this fall, so let's speculate the bloody hell about it :laugh:

I think it's gonna be a majestic RC pneumatic front shovel excavator. That will be consistent with the inclination towards unusual machinery and the release of new valves and big sprockets.

Maybe it's in yellow and orange. Like a Hitachi. Yellow because of the sprocket, and orange because of the new parts in the cherry picker and the Corvette.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Key question is the color. So knowing that we already have yellow xl sprockets it will be yellow Excavator