3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

7 studs if you are not including teeth

So about the diameter of a xerion hub.. thats got options. Used in a Quadtrack / 9RX configuration it probably gives a decent scale. Not big enough for a 9RT, but we can't have everything!!

Could make a good sized flag ship dozer or similar. Fingers crossed. Getting quite excited for 2H flagship now!

Agree, and if TLC decides to make it black, there is whole range of machinery that could be made 

A highly inaccurate guesstimation puts a quadtrac moc at about 1:15 - 1:17 scale - using 130mm tyres on my xerion is 1:16.5, so its a good scale to build at.

Should translate to construction being a good size too. Even if TLG do something else with them, at least the part exists now for mocs. Its all good.

I know that new sprocket could be used on some combine harvesters in 1:15 scale with CLASS tire at the rear, so if there will be black sprocket I'll be more than happy with it... If you need information, Case IH quadtrac has front drive wheel 915mm in diameter.

I find it curious that they haven’t yet tried to make all the larger wheels both track and tyre compatible.

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I find it curious that they haven’t yet tried to make all the larger wheels both track and tyre compatible.

unfortunately in every thing that human do they believe in just one God (or better to say Ancient Roman Goddess) - Juno Moneta (you understand irony Moneta is currency), so every development you have to look at through economy glasses

I think dozer is very good guess, I think it will introduce PUP into technic - new BB with PUP port, something like IR reciever with two chanells, 2 L motors with PUP connectors. It will feature gearbox similar to 42070 - switch between drive and blade operation, rear ripper will be manual. Parts wise it will be less than 2000, I would say around 1600, of course yellow, price wise RRP 220€+-10€

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

so every development you have to look at through economy glasses

Oh no definitely, but the large sprocket is a new mold, so why not combine it with the wheel? Perhaps that would require the old large wheel molds to be retired and hence more new molds would need to be built to replace the old scrapped ones, but even then that would eventually happen though since molds get worn out over time.

27 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oh no definitely, but the large sprocket is a new mold, so why not combine it with the wheel? Perhaps that would require the old large wheel molds to be retired and hence more new molds would need to be built to replace the old scrapped ones, but even then that would eventually happen though since molds get worn out over time.

every requirements for something new (like new molds) has extra costs that should be overcome by profit asap :wink:

as you mentioned situation when molds are worn out can be used for that, but believe me management is highly aware of it, there is no company in the world with such long tradition that does not know what is doing...

1 hour ago, Ivan_M said:

I think dozer is very good guess, I think it will introduce PUP into technic - new BB with PUP port, something like IR reciever with two chanells, 2 L motors with PUP connectors. It will feature gearbox similar to 42070 - switch between drive and blade operation, rear ripper will be manual. Parts wise it will be less than 2000, I would say around 1600, of course yellow, price wise RRP 220€+-10€

agree, optimal mix of existing (ant tested) solutions and few new parts could be wining combination.

I'm thinking about a wheeled excavator that is in the size of 42082. Does such equipment exist? What is it called? Rough terrain wheeled excavator or something?

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That boom looks wacky! I wonder if TLG is ever gonna make a boom like that. Maybe one day TLG will make a small version of the current 11L gear rack, like a 7L one. Maybe at that time TLG will release an excavator with a rotating boom.

Or with Arocs rack?

I was going to post this in the 2019 topic as it regards rumors of the 2nd half 2019 sets but I think it's much better  to post it here. Rumours in the 2019 discussion thread are that we are getting a spider crane, car transporter and possibly a BIG excavator. TBH, everytime we hear rumours here on eurobricks so close  to Christmas, they usually turn out to be true, so I think it's worth speculating on them at least in this thread. Please note the following are NOT my expectations and if the final products are different then that will in no way influence my level of joy or dissatisfaction. These are mearly examples and ideas of what could be and what I think would be cool or not so cool. Going on the RUMOURS so far:

Spider crane: Cranes always sell well so I'm told so it's no surprise we get yet another one. It's to be expected. 

Poor: all simple manual functions with controls directly attached to their functions.

Average: Some nice complexity. Perhaps a motor with function gearbox with controls in one centralised place.

Good: Pneumatic with either manual or motor pump, doesn't matter on smaller, lower priced model.

The (impossible?) dream: New parts like the Arocs telescopic parts but with multiple stages and a new really really long cylinder to extend the boom.

Car transporter: Many have been asking for such a model. Though personally I don't think it could offer enough functionality or complexity to be the ideal flagship as the parts have to be divided across multiple models.

Poor: Basic manual functions with their controls connected directly to their respective functions. No cars included in the set.

Average: Mix of RC drive and steering for the main truck and manual functions with some complexity. Comes with one car.

Good: Comes with multiple cars. All vehicles are fully RC meaning you can fully load and unload the truck with cars without touching anything but the remote. This may not be very interesting or authentic mechanically but at least it has good play value. But this would NOT be enough for a good flagship. But with so many motors and high part count it would be priced like a flagship. So it'll be tricky to pull off well. This is why I personally don't think a car transporter is a great idea as you are getting three or more average models instead of focusing on one great model. That is unless they aim for......

The dream (only IF this is the flagship): One huge truck without any cars included (enabling the proper focus needed for one great model, if this is indeed the flagship), but is in scale with the Bugatti so all our 1:8 cars would work with it. The truck itself doesn't hold many cars (otherwise it would be too big and expensive relative to the functionality on offer) but you can buy additional trailers from Lego (or design and build them yourself) to hold more cars. Either way the truck would be designed to have a trailer. The truck itself would be fully RC with new parts including a much stronger differential based on the 36t double bevel gear to be able to move multiple 1:8 cars plus itself, metal axles to connect the diff to the wheels and metal leaf springs. So the theme of the new parts in this set is heavy haulage, and what better way to demonstrate that than by hauling multiple past flagships that we already own?! It would also have pneumatic powered ramps with ppto (like the unimog) to connect to one or more trailers. These would provide power to the ramps and steering axles of the trailers as a nice extra detail. Also would have new truck wheels which have much more accurate proportions to real life. So same diameter as unimog wheels but much narrower, like at least 30 or 40% narrower, with large internal size of the wheel to allow steering pivot to be inside the wheel and Ackerman geometry, plus large positive offset, like on a real truck wheel, so two can be pinned together back to back with just regular black 2M connector pegs with friction without the tyres touching each other. These wheels plus the metal leaf springs (which could be separate, end user assembled punched spring steel plates so more or less could be used to create as much or as little suspension stiffness as desired), stronger differential and metal axles would open up many possibilities for large scale trucks while adding authenticity.

Excavator: Yes please! While it's no secret I'm not a huge fan of 8043 due to its lack of mechanical authenticity or any new parts, I do at least admire it's complexity and can see why it's so popular. But having already had a mechanically unrealistic excavator, isn't it time for a better one?

Poor: Another 8043.

Average: Another 8043 but more easthically pleasing and detailed and in scale with the new larger sprockets.

Good: Finally and for the first time ever, fully RC pneumatic, using Pup for smooth, easy and accurate RC control of the valves, nicely detailed to look big, rugged and heavy duty and to scale with the new larger sprockets and finally a new excavator bucket. This alone could make this one of the all time greatest sets ever, however....

The (impossible?) dream: All things in the above good category plus new parts to create a new pneumatic pump that very closely resembles the way a hydraulic variable displacement swash plate type pump works. This pump would not be preassembled but put together by you, the end user and would consist of a rotating barrel (like a 3x0.5 pulley but 3 studs long instead of only 0.5) that can be loaded with up to six pressure pistons (this big model would come with all six, smaller models would come with less), the pressure pistons and swash plate assembly. This pump (when fully loaded with all six pistons) would have a max capacity equal to six of the current motor pumps but in a 3x3x6 size and it can be constantly powered with its output automatically regulated by a simple cylinder/counter spring pressure arrangement connected to the swash plate. This would finally give powered Pneumatic models a boost in performance. Very few moccers build pneumatic pumps with only one pump as we know more is better in terms of performance. A performance boost would also be very welcome when dealing with RC pneumatics in particular. One other even more likely impossible (but wonderful) aim with this pump is that, because of the nature of how this pump works, there is a possibility that it could work the other way as well, so putting air pressure IN to the pump yeilds rotation of the input shaft, which could be used to drive the tracks and rotation of the superstructure using fluid (air is a fluid) under pressure, just like in reality. Impossible dream?

Please remember, these are NOT my expectations, they are mearly examples or ideas of what I think would make these sets bad, good or mindblowingly amazballs to the max!

On the subject of impossible dreams....  how about a monster excavator (or similar), licenced and packaged like the bugatti for those of us that aren't crazy about 'another' car? A big majestic construction flagship! (with new tracks that feel less 1982.. a step too far!!?)

I think I'd rather see the spider crane be motorized with LAs than with pneumatics.

A car transporter could easily have two or three times as many parts as the cars it carries. If those cars are the bugatti and the porsche you'd be looking at 6k parts minimum. That would be an impressive model, but beyond flagship range. If motorized, I expect a 42070-style motor-gearbox combo where a pair of motors can be toggled between 'drive' mode and 'loading' mode.

I agree a big excavator would be a dream model. The new pneumatic switches mean the switches do not need to be near the outside of the model, but if they go for RC pneumatics I expect new parts. I wonder how HoG could work on a tracked machine, but having motorized drive on a pneumatic machine seems like a high feature level.

If there is gonna be a RC excavator with big new sprockets and new pneumatic valved I'd say it's the 2020 flagship, not 2019, because there must be a 4000-ish piece set next year to outnumber the piece count of the 3000-ish 3rd supercar next year, and RC pneumatic gigantic Volvo excavator really suits that role.

24 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

I think I'd rather see the spider crane be motorized with LAs than with pneumatics.

A car transporter could easily have two or three times as many parts as the cars it carries. If those cars are the bugatti and the porsche you'd be looking at 6k parts minimum. That would be an impressive model, but beyond flagship range. If motorized, I expect a 42070-style motor-gearbox combo where a pair of motors can be toggled between 'drive' mode and 'loading' mode.

I agree a big excavator would be a dream model. The new pneumatic switches mean the switches do not need to be near the outside of the model, but if they go for RC pneumatics I expect new parts. I wonder how HoG could work on a tracked machine, but having motorized drive on a pneumatic machine seems like a high feature level.

Yeah, it would probably be something similar to 42070, which wasn't that we'll recieved as an expensive flagship. So it really depends on that I guess. As a truck would likely lack the complex transmission and complex curves of the 1:8 cars (which make up much of their piece counts) much of its bulk would be large frames and large oblong panels. With a new heavy duty diff, wheels as described and leaf springs I think a flagship1:8 scale truck could be done in well under 5k parts. But why my dream would be 1:8 is because we have many 1:8 cars to load up the transporter with, plus the main reason is because it would provide a good excuse to bring us those lovely new 1:8 truck parts (such as the wheels, diff and leaf springs). The 1:10 cars aren't great and the corvette is only remotely realistic looking car in that scale we have. But what if, like the bucket wheel excavator and it's recoloured dump truck, the car transporter comes with another corvette but in a different colour? Could that be why they released a car in that scale in the first half? I think going for a 42070 style approach in the scale of the corvette could be a good approach to take, if it's not going to be the flagship

I dont think the spider crane would be motorized because it has only 900 pieces. Not likely to have pneumatic either, as the cycle of pneumatic sets is 2-3 years. I'd say its functions are all manual.

I guess I'm not really in the business of making extensive wishlists, because I feel peeps are bound to be disappointed when Lego doesn't pull out an heir to 8455 or a 5k+ piece RC pneumatic excavator with lights or an RC car transporter with multiple all-RC vehicles or a plane that actually flies or blah blah bl-- so here go my (imo reasonable) expectations for 2019 2H:

First guesses about the Spider Crane:

• Either red or orange. I suspect orange because of the Corvette, but would ideally hope for red.
  • 4 MLA or otherwise worm gear-driven outriggers, probably from the one knob for convenience. Potentially use Arocs gear racks. I suspect the legs may extend with a simple locking mechanism.
  • No PF b/c only 800pcs, but maybe manually pumped pneumatics? I'd definitely hope for the latter, because then the outriggers could use the small pneumatic cylinders.
  • I suspect the small curved 3x6x3 panel will mimick counterweights of some kind.
  • Crane uses Arocs gear rack.

First guesses about the Car Transporter:

• 2500 pieces puts it at a similar size to MrTekneex's 42009-C MOC.
  • 3 axles, hope for rear duallies.
  • Would hope for but not expecting any live axle suspension, unless by the grace of the gods it's a licensed Mercedes-Benz model.
  • Fake V6 engine, openable cabover body and doors yadda yadda...
  • PF model with an L-motor that controls ramps, consequently a two-storey vehicle
  • Lego's recent emphasis on play value ala 42055's white dump truck, the multiple vehicle playsets of 2017, the inclusion of a container for 42078, would suggest there will be at least one car. Don't really want cars though as that could distract from the model itself.

I don't think I'm sold on the prospect of a big RC excavator (which probably isn't even true to begin with). I think the new sprockets will force it up into an unnecessarily larger and costly scale. I don't think they should be aiming above far 8043's size, as all the required motors could very likely push Technic into a $500-600AUD range (excluding UCS Technic), where $400 is normally the maximum.

24 minutes ago, allanp said:

With a new heavy duty diff, wheels as described and leaf springs I think a flagship1:8 scale truck could be done in well under 5k parts.

I dunno how I feel about that statement, trucks tend to be significantly wider than cars so you're looking at something with WAY larger dimensions than 42070. I think a simple 1:8 two-axle flatbed truck that carries just one UCS Technic car would likely go over 5k parts.

Edited by Bartybum

39 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I suspect the legs may extend with a simple locking mechanism.

To further on this, I think the two-section joint will unfold and the rack will extend simultaneously. Similar to the way the outriggers in 42078 trailer are deployed.

28 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I guess I'm not really in the business of making extensive wishlists, because I feel peeps are bound to be disappointed when Lego doesn't pull out an heir to 8455 or a 5k+ piece RC pneumatic excavator with lights or an RC car transporter with multiple all-RC vehicles or a plane that actually flies or blah blah bl-- so here go my (imo reasonable) expectations for 2019 2H:

First guesses about the Spider Crane:

• Either red or orange. I suspect orange because of the Corvette, but would ideally hope for red.
  • 4 MLA or otherwise worm gear-driven outriggers, probably from the one knob for convenience. Potentially use Arocs gear racks. I suspect the legs may extend with a simple locking mechanism.
  • No PF b/c only 800pcs, but maybe manually pumped pneumatics? I'd definitely hope for the latter, because then the outriggers could use the small pneumatic cylinders.
  • I suspect the small curved 3x6x3 panel will mimick counterweights of some kind.
  • Crane uses Arocs gear rack.

First guesses about the Car Transporter:

• 2500 pieces puts it at a similar size to MrTekneex's 42009-C MOC.
  • 3 axles, hope for rear duallies.
  • Would hope for but not expecting any live axle suspension, unless by the grace of the gods it's a licensed Mercedes-Benz model.
  • Fake V6 engine, openable cabover body and doors yadda yadda...
  • PF model with an L-motor that controls ramps, consequently a two-storey vehicle
  • Lego's recent emphasis on play value ala 42055's white dump truck, the multiple vehicle playsets of 2017, the inclusion of a container for 42078, would suggest there will be at least one car. Don't really want cars though as that could distract from the model itself.

I don't think I'm sold on the prospect of a big RC excavator (which probably isn't even true to begin with). I think the new sprockets will force it up into an unnecessarily larger and costly scale. I don't think they should be aiming above far 8043's size, as all the required motors could very likely push Technic into a $500-600AUD range (excluding UCS Technic), where $400 is normally the maximum.

I dunno how I feel about that statement, trucks tend to be significantly wider than cars so you're looking at something with WAY larger dimensions than 42070. I think a simple 1:8 two-axle flatbed truck that carries just one UCS Technic car would likely go over 5k parts.

Yeah I mean, I have no expectations because we really have no idea what's coming, all I write is ideas and dreams. I learnt from the Porsche not to confuse wishes with expectation. The Porsche really is a very good model, we shot ourselves in the foot by placing too high expectations upon it I think. 

A 2.5k car transporter that comes with cars would I think be corvette scale, with Arocs or Mack wheels and likely not offer more than 42070 in terms of functionality. Which is fine for a non flagship. And that is the rumour after all, a 2.5k car transporter with an even bigger excavator also on offer, so that's cool. 

Not sure now why I bought up the idea of a 1:8 scale car transporter as there isn't even a rumor to support it :laugh: . I guess I was dreaming up ways to make it a best ever flagship if there is no excavator as the flagship. But I do think it's possible in under 5k. It's mostly empty (or should I say negative) space and boxy shapes. Yes it would be WAY bigger than 42070, but that wasn't mostly negative space and had well under 2k parts. Not that size itself matters of course, but the engineering behind a Technic vehicle that can carry other large technic vehicles, and even lift them into the air, is itself a potentially interesting feature. As there's no rumor to support it maybe it's not even worth speculating on. This is partly why I put this in the wish topic, as here we can go wild and speculate on anything we like!

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

2500 pieces puts it at a similar size to MrTekneex's 42009-C MOC.

I'd say 800 pieces would go to two generic cars. The remaining 1700 pieces is enough for a truck similar to like MrTekneex MOC but with 49.53 tyres.

Take the Corvette, remove all the fancy bodywork, the drive shaft, the engine, maybe the steering and HOG too, and voila, you have a 400 piece generic car. Leaving the generic car with a HOG may cause difficulty in driving in up and down the ramp. In real life when cars go up and down the ramp, they dont need steering either.

The Race Kart 42048 only has 345 pieces.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I think even a two-level car transporter would not come with multiple additional cars. There is plenty of playability in including only one car, and it makes sense to leave room for additional cars sold as separate sets.

I did some googling for possible licenses. With the existence of the corvette I had the idea the car transporter is from the same license. Seems no go though; all the image hits I'm getting for car transporter and chervolet or ford gives them loaded on volvo carriers, or photographed from the back so I can't see the brand. So if it's licensed, it's not from the same deal as any of the already-released cars.

Mercedes-Benz does make both trucks and cars, and so does Volvo.

However, I believe Volvo cars and construction equipment actually belong to different companies, so I don't know if the existing licensing agreement with TLG covers that.