I'm curious to see if TLG would ever do a dually with 56 x 34 rim and if they do, how they would design the attachment for two rims.

Lego tyres are generally too wide compared to their diameter making duallys difficult. They just about managed it with the Arocs but even those tyres are too wide for scale.

6 hours ago, GoldVillage said:

Good point. It would be nice if we could have a licensed set in that part range, that would be first time ever sub 1000 pieces(?) and here's a perfect machine that could fit!: 

Interestingly on one of the Facebook groups a photo purporting to be a Lego model of this appeared this morning (it has since disappeared) it was an obvious photoshop job using 42030 box art and a photo which looked like it had been stolen from the Volvo website.

2016 2H smallest set has 4 balloon tires
2017 2H smallest set has 6 balloon tires
2018 2H small set has 8 balloon tires

Do you see where it's going? :tongue:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

On 8/17/2018 at 3:55 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

2016 2H smallest set has 4 balloon tires
2017 2H smallest set has 6 balloon tires
2018 2H small set has 8 balloon tires

Do you see where it's going? :tongue:

Next year 10 balloon tyres and a mini version of 42009!
Having 8 tyres made me think twice about how many sets to buy; settled on 2 for now and ordered some extra valves.

There is also a trend in pneumatic pieces:
42043 4 switches, 2L, 1M, 1S cylinders but a lot of truck with it
42053 3 switches, 2L, 1S cylinders as the main functions of the vehicle, and a hand pump.
42080 2 switches (new type), 2L, 1S cylinders, main functions but a larger vehicle
Soon we could have a replacement for the 8837 small pneumatic excavator with 2 switches and 1L/M and 1S cylinders as the main functions, and hand-pump control, but would it be at a low-enough price point to buy quite a few?  I suspect £30 might not be possible these days for any set with 2 pneumatic functions.  Perhaps if it did not have the small compressor for PF motor addition?  There would be an excuse for lacking motor addition capability from the transition from PF to PU; it would need a Technic PU battery box and an L-motor with PU plug first.  That would also be more expensive than necessary for adding a motor; I hope there will be cheaper ways to add a motor without remote control, at least to mirror the functions of PF in the PU parts range.  I'd also like to see more Technic sets with 4 of the 43mm wheels and tyres of the type that replaced the ones that were so plentiful in Model Team days.

A smaller set like 8837 would encourage younger kids to get into pneumatics, from age 9 rather than 10 (42053, 42080) or 11 (42043).  2 functions is also just enough to automate a second model, which is where the technical fun really begins!

Mark

For the next mobile crane I wanna see the outriggers made with the new outriggee gear rack and the second stage controlled by pneumatic cylinders. A combination of motorized and pneumatic functions, like 42043. The next mobile crane will probably be released in 5 years.

Why not a pneumatic circuit that extends the outriggers and then lowers them? Pneumatic circuits have never been officially made in Technic, except on the 8868-B.

A medium sized front-end loader similar to the 8439 using pneumatics inkluding all black cylinders, manual pump and air tank. Wouldn't mind Volvo license. Also, balloon tires. That is all.

Still on the topic of mobile cranes. The following types of mobile crane haven't been released in Lego Technic and are possible candidates for future flagships:

- RC Mobile Crane
- Tracked Telescopic Crane
- Wheeled Lattice Crane
- Mobile Self Erecting Wheeled Tower Crane

We never had a high quality cherry picker, except small- and medium sized models.

This is a good alternative to cranes.

11 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Isn't the 8421-B a cherry picker?

Something like cherry picker, yes :wink:

27.png

On 8/31/2018 at 1:02 PM, zoo said:

A medium sized front-end loader similar to the 8439 using pneumatics inkluding all black cylinders, manual pump and air tank. Wouldn't mind Volvo license. Also, balloon tires. That is all.

What about the 42053 b model?

1 minute ago, I_Igor said:

Something like cherry picker, yes :wink:

27.png

The boom is messy as hell! And why does the cherry picker need 4 axles chassis?

18 minutes ago, Magical Duck said:

What about the 42053 b model?

For me it is missing some key features as well as being too small in size. For example I would like to see a bucket the size of the one in the 8439 set or slightly larger, an air tank and an introduction of all black pneumatic cylinders I mentioned before. I guess I would want the future model to be representing a larger real life model than the Volvo L30 that the 42053 B-model is based on.

I understand that we have had a few front-end loaders released in recent years but at the same time there's been a while since we had larger balloon tires and a medium sized bucket in an official set.

Edited by zoo

Just now, zoo said:

I understand that we have had a few front-end loaders released in recent years but at the same time there's been a while since we had larger balloon tires and a medium sized bucket in an official set.

True, the last good one was 8069 in 2011:

8069-1.png

11 minutes ago, Yevhen said:

The boom is messy as hell! And why does the cherry picker need 4 axles chassis?

Probably made for really really big cherry tree :laugh:

This is the most decent cherry picker so far:

Hình ảnh có liên quan

The year was 2009 and the model was already fully covered. Uwe's style had gone beyond the trend back then.

About 80% of picture results about GT Race Car has a stint of red, so I'm hoping that 42096 would bring the wheel arch in red. Even a curved 3x13 in red is fine. This should follow the trend that every Technic supercar since 2013 brings some panels in new color to the table. 

42000: 5x11, 5x7 in white
42039: a lot in bright green
42056: a lot in orange
42077: wheel arch and curved 3x13 in dark azure

42000 may not look significant in the general timeline of Technic, but at the time of its introductions it did matter in terms of panel packs.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

18 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

About 80% of picture results about GT Race Car has a stint of red

You have seen this set? Source?

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

You have seen this set? Source?

No I just google GT Race Car to see what it looks like. The real life GT Race Car.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

No I just google GT Race Car to see what it looks like. The real life GT Race Car.

Ok, not specifically the Lego set. 

Anyone want to help me campaign for a Ferrari Scuderia F1 SF70H or newer for the next LEGO Technic Ultimate series Car. They could release so many new parts with it and would be a easy sell for TLG. 

GT race cars come in lots of different shapes. Spa 24hr this year was a prime example with I think 11 different manufacturers represented. A Lambo looks very different to a Bentley, or a Porsche or a BMW or a Lexus etc ...

So do we think this will be a licence set or a generic set like the 24hr race car and the Rally car?

Or licensed set like Toyota TS050 that won this year 24hours at LeMans... But my favorite is always some kind of machinery...