With all that talk about crawler and large track bases, what abput a snow cat with a winch. It could have some amazing functions that for once would be different than the usual cranes and cars !

5 minutes ago, Brick-Nick said:

With all that talk about crawler and large track bases, what abput a snow cat with a winch. It could have some amazing functions that for once would be different than the usual cranes and cars !

Ever heard of 42069?

It just dawns on me that 2019 will feature the last batch of sets from the 420xx series. The last set this year is 42084, so the next set starts from 42085. I think the flagship will end up as 42098 or 42099 and will be something special to conclude the series. Probably the last year with old PF. Then Power Up will officially take over in 2020.

It's curious how the set numbers will continue after 2019. They can be 421xx or 43xx altogether. A quick Google search shows that neither of them have been occupied.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I don't really care all that much about the sets, I just wants new parts (in neutral colors) like the gears we got in the Bugatti or the 11x11 arc's in the BWE.
A 20T beveled clutch gear would be at the top of my list!

a 4L version of the 3L regular pin

a 2L version of the 3L pin with bush stop

I don't really care all that much about the sets, I just wants new parts (in neutral colors) like the gears we got in the Bugatti or the 11x11 arc's in the BWE.

I'd love to see parts like:

A 20T beveled clutch gear would be at the top of my list!

A 4L version of the 3L regular pin

A 2L version of the 3L pin with bush stop

A bigger thick open center frame (like11x7)

What I think is still missing is a big yellow flagship Volvo grader. It is a type of vehicle that offers many technical functions and would therefore be interesting. I have seen some good MOCs of graders already. Hmm, I just discovered that 42024 B Model is a grader, but those colours! Aargh!

Grader could be a good B model to a JCB 3CX back hoe. Is a grader recognisable and cool enough to be an A model though?

15 minutes ago, allanp said:

Grader could be a good B model to a JCB 3CX back hoe. Is a grader recognisable and cool enough to be an A model though?

You may have a point. In Greece you see many graders and I have always considered them very cool, in the Netherlands I have never seen one ...

A scraper would be great. Along with combine harvesters, space shuttles and submarines they're among the rarest Technic subject matter, having only appeared in two sets as B-models (8453 and 42023).

If they did release a JCB 3CX backhoe with a decent flagship sized grader as a B model I wonder how many would buy two sets?!

Edit: Ummmm, can't find a JCB grader. But they make the most iconic back hoe! This begs the question, does a B model of a liscenced set HAVE to be a model of something from the same liscence, or can it be generic? 

Volvo do make graders however, and there's bound to be another Volvo set in the future (hopefully NOT a back hoe, like ketchup has to be Heinz, back hoe has to be JCB of the 3CX variety!). So there's the possibility of a grader there!

Edited by allanp

A grader would indeed have a lot of potential, as just the blade itself has the potential for a lot of mechanisms. I'm not so sure about it being a B-model of a backhoe, though: all graders I've seen have 6 wheels and we already have enough 4-wheeled graders as B-models (BTW the 8828 also has a grader as its B-model).

Another machine lacking presence in Technic is a scraper: that also has the potential for several mechanisms, plus Technic's first multi-engined vehicle since the Power Puller.

Graders need 6 wheels though don’t they? So it wouldn’t work well with a backhoe since those only have 4

Graders appear to be popular as B-model, there is also the 8451 set. I keep hoping to see one day a flagship grader ...

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Another machine lacking presence in Technic is a scraper: that also has the potential for several mechanisms, plus Technic's first multi-engined vehicle since the Power Puller.

Like I said a few posts back. :wink:

On 8/2/2018 at 10:47 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Ever heard of 42069?

42069 is NOT a snowcat. A snowcat, also called a groomer, is a machine used to groom the slopes of a ski resort, it got a front blade similar to the blade of the B model of 42054 but with monted a ball joint in the front for more angles, it also have a finisher in the back that spins to break big chunks and smoothen the slopes + some of them have a winch care arm mounted on a turntable in the back of the cab so they can pull themselves up steep slopes while pushing the snow up !

You can even have the cab tilting forward so you have direct access to the v8 engine below !

Great exemple here :

https://www.google.ca/search?q=pistenbully+500&client=ms-android-rogers-ca&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiN2Oa3-tPcAhVVCDQIHeqKCxMQ_AUIESgB&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=WsI7kvA4yAVYbM:

But thanks, I do know what 42069 is as I own one !

Lol I've just realized I was talking to someone from a snowy country :tongue: There is a proverb in my country that says "swinging the axe in front of a woodcutter", which means don't try to deceive the professional.

We had snow groomer (but relatively small) set before

- set 8263

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Lol I've just realized I was talking to someone from a snowy country :tongue: ...

All good,

I have seen quite a few MOCs of the groomers even one on Lego Ideas but unfortunately lego seems to stay away from it for some unknown reasons ! It is a big machine that a lot kids love to play with miniatures and they are always super impressed when they see in real ! You can even get multiple types of front and back attachement like they did on the claas and the unimog

31 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

We had snow groomer (but relatively small) set before

- set 8263

I remember this set but I am hinting towards a PF set even maybe a flagship !!!

12 minutes ago, Brick-Nick said:

I remember this set but I am hinting towards a PF set even maybe a flagship !!!

I understand, but I'm afraid that for this LEGO would have to make much bigger sprocket wheels. ?

Drivetrain could be like on 42065 set + V8 engine as you mentioned

50 minutes ago, Brick-Nick said:

I have seen quite a few MOCs of the groomers even one on Lego Ideas but unfortunately lego seems to stay away from it for some unknown reasons !

Maybe their marketing department concluded that only kids from countries that usually have snow would know what a snowgroomer is and therefore want one. For example, the 8263 was never even available for sale in Iberia.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I understand, but I'm afraid that for this LEGO would have to make much bigger sprocket wheels.

Current large ones are big enough looking at the MOCs... 

Just now, Brick-Nick said:

Current large ones are big enough looking at the MOCs... 

But I'm afraid for flagship we need bigger ones, otherwise there will be some smaller set based on parts count

26 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Maybe their marketing department concluded that only kids from countries that usually have snow would know what a snowgroomer is and therefore want one. For example, the 8263 was never even available for sale in Iberia.

Good point but look at all the winter oriented sets that lego system/creator has created in the past and their large successes !

Just now, I_Igor said:

But I'm afraid for flagship we need bigger ones, otherwise there will be some smaller set based on parts count

It makes sense but looking at other sets like 42069, BWE, ... it is doable (though not ideal !)

I am not sure if a new supercar similar to 8070 is on the way, but that would be my top choice. 8070 was my first Technic set and it opened the door for me as a builder due to it being a parts pack for the car I built years later. I really hope the line gives us another unlicensed supercar that makes for a great part donor and is under 200 USD.